Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
Although Murtagh’s first reaction about warmer weather had been hesitant at best, he quickly learned that a world without snow provided him with plenty of new opportunities for fun. SO much had been uncovered when the snow melted, and now he was delighted to watch how they were covered back again. Only, this time, the underbrush was concealed by bright green leaves. He had been given some lessons on what to avoid, special emphasis put on the important task of asking one of his parents before eating a new plant or berry.

The temptation was certainly there, however, to see how dangerous those bright red berries were.

He didn’t, though. At least not yet.

Mama, the funny grizzly bodyguard that doubled as his Papa’s companion, was his company once more as he set out to explore. He was wary about going too far but this place didn’t seem so bad. He wasn’t being pushed and prodded somewhere else by the bear which was a sure sign that Eytan approved of the location.

Only a moment of hesitation was given before he dived right in: speed-exploring in his excitement. There was too much to see to keep at a slower pace! He quickly learned that much of the meadow was covered in prickly plants that he should avoid and so he spent more time around the oaks, sniffing about and chasing whatever small animals he could find - occasionally reporting his discoveries in rushed, breathless tales to the bear before zooming off again.

He was exploring in the shallows of a stream when he looked down and noticed that on one of his legs there was a mass of, brown, prickly-looking balls. “Mama!!” He shouted, more out of astonishment than pain. The burs did not hurt by they were an aggravation. He reached his muzzle down to try and knock them off of his leg but they just transferred to his muzzle instead - so that when he raised his head there was a mass of burs right at the tip of his nose. Now it did hurt the tender flesh there and he shook his head violently to get rid of them - the mass whipping off to the side.

Only then did he look back down and see that his legs were covered - even his small tail was matted with the sticky burs. He frowned angrily at them, spinning in a circle to survey the damage, but quite at a loss on how to get them off.
Image Credit
table by Sevin

for @Ranjiri <3333
permission from Ali to PP Eytan :D

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

The meadow was one of my favorite places to be when it was warm. It had the best grazing, there was a stream for water and to cool off in if it got too hot, trees for shade, and I knew where that secret spot with all the wildflowers was that Dragomir had showed me. When I had first gotten to the meadow I had checked there to see if he was around, but when I saw it was empty I went off on my own to relax and enjoy the peace before the next big fight, because there was definitely going to be another one; there had already been three.

"Mama!!"

I turned and looked when I heard the shout, expecting to see a foal and his mother, but all I saw was a foal and a mass of brown fur that definitely wasn't a mare. I squinted because that mass of fur looked familiar and I guess that familiarity was what made me wander closer. As I moved closer I could hear the grunts and growled of the bear and it immediately brought a memory of my mother's bear to the forefront of my mind. I had gone everywhere with her companion, had explored the meadow countless times, and spent more nights than I could count after Roskuld left curled up with her bear for warmth.

"Bear!" The word flew past my lips before I could stop it and for a split second I was worried that that bear belong to the little foal that had shouted for mama. That worry disappeared when the bear turned to me and didn't growl or look angry or even the least bit threatening. "It is you isn't it, Bear?" I asked, grinning like an absolute idiot.

Bear, in the same clumsy manner that I remembered, ran toward me and right into me. He was growling and grumbling as I wrapped my wings around him and hugged him just like I used to when I was the same age as the... the foal. I lifted my head and looked at the kid, but I didn't let go of Bear. "Why do you have my Momma's bear?"

"."

Credits

@Murtagh

aud pixel!

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
Maybe the bear had been coming over to help but whatever the intentions were they were interrupted by a mare. Murtagh was surprised to see that she seemed to recognize Mama and that he recognized her - running right at her and doing all the affectionate stuff that he normally did with Murtagh. Who was this girl? Why was she stealing his Mama??

The burs were completely forgotten as he watched with a dumb expression as bear and mare rolled around and greeted one another like old friends. He was going to interrupt but she seemed to remember that he was standing there because this complete stranger asked him the most ridiculous question. As if he had stolen the bear off someone! Without his Papa here, though, Murtagh was going to have to fight this battle on his own.

Your momma? He repeated, not really believing it, and he stared at Eytan with foal-sized fury. He felt betrayed, that his first friend showed such obvious affection for someone else, while he stood in the stream - bur-covered and lost. He climbed out of the water now to at least remove one of those sad states from the equation, confusing turning his expression into a scowl. “That’s my Papa’s bear.” He corrected, no real force behind his anger because he was powerfully curious too. As soon as he said it he remembered that Papa wasn’t really a papa the way everyone else seemed used the term. So his Papa was this mare’s Momma? But Eytan was his Mama.

Family sure was confusing. The frown was deepening in Murtagh’s lavender eyes as he tried to sort it all out, expertly missing the simple truth - that he was standing before his sister.
Image Credit
table by Sevin
[Image: 5626f07281a02]
pixel by Kiara <3

Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

"Your Momma?"

"Yeah." I said as I continued to stare at the foal with my wings wrapped around Bear so he wouldn't leave. "Bear -- Eytan belongs to my Momma. Why do you have him?" It didn't even occur to me that I the kid could even be my brother or even related to me. It didn't matter that he had the same red accents that Aunt Ophelia did, or the same white legs and red tipped horn that my momma had. It didn't matter. All that mattered was that he was palling around with my momma's bear, one of my first friends, and my babysitter.

"No." I said when the kid told me that it was his papa's bear. "This is my Momma's bear." That much I knew for sure because no other bear would come running to me like Eytan did. And no other bear I'd seen in the wild had that goofy grumbling, growling greeting that he did. It was my momma's bear

Bear started to wiggle so I unwrapped my wings from around him and let him go, but instead of staying by me he went back over to the foal and started pushing him toward me. My ears fell back and I frowned, but I stood my ground while Bear ... did whatever it was he was doing. When he finally stopped and plopped his furry butt on the ground I was standing almost nose to nose with the foal. I looked at Bear, but he only grunted and tilted his head toward the kid and I knew he was trying to tell me something, but I didn't have the same bond with him that my mother did.

"What?" I asked when Bear grunted at me again then looked pointedly at the kid. "You want me to talk to him? About what?" But Bear just stared at me and I stared back at him, but if there was one thing I remember Bear being good at it was staring contests. "Who's your Papa?" I asked as I looked away from Bear.

There. Maybe we should start there so I could prove that Bear was my Momma's.

"."

Credits

@Murtagh

aud pixel!

Outcast
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
Okay so what, this random mare just happened to have a mama with a bear with the same name as one of his parents? This seemed a little fishy to Murtagh, who continued to frown at her - this pretender with his bear. That was definitely Eytan, it was the first face that he had seen when he had been born - though the memory was fuzzy, it was a story that his mothers found to be worthy of bringing up every now and then. He had a bond with that bear, certainly not as strong as it would be if it was his own companion, but he was a trusted member of the family! Why else would he be allowed out of the Falls with him?

Nothing that she was saying was making any sort of sense and he didn’t like it. He had other problems to deal with, like the burs that were still covering his legs and that were probably matted into his tail. Bigger problems than whatever was going on right now with the bear.

But before he could argue further, Eytan was doing what he should have done all along and came over to the colt - but it was to… push him? He almost lost his balance, not expecting the shove, but stumbled forward. “What?? Gosh, Mama, why are you being so weird?” Murtagh resisted at first, or tried to, but the grizzly was more than strong enough to get him moving, burs and all, toward the mare.

And then Eytan was sitting there, motioning at this stranger to… do what? Murtagh’s frown deepened and he stared alternately at the two of them until finally one of them actually spoke to him. Asking who his Papa was. “Ktulu.” Murtagh stated proudly… and as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. As if anyone else could ever be his Papa!

“Who's your mama?” He retorted, wondering just how long they were going to argue about this.
Image Credit
table by Sevin
pixel by Kiara <3

Ranjiri;

"Ktulu."

What? No. No way. Just no. No.

"Ktulu?" I repeated numbly as I stared down at the colt ... my brother.

What?

"When...?" I looked at Bear as if he could answer my question even though I knew better. "Who...?" If my momma was his papa then who was his mom? I didn't understand and I knew it was showing on my face. I could only imagine that the little turd thought that my confusion was because I'd mistaken the bear for someone else's, but wasn't he going to be in for a rude awakening. Bear had been my babysitter and adventure partner long before my new little brother had been born.

"Ktulu is my momma." I finally said, but I was still so very confused. How could my momma be his papa? Why did he call bear Mama? Did some random stallion knock my momma up and leave her? (I really couldn't see that happening.) If so who was it that did it? Bear had to be helping momma raise this kid, it was the only thing that made even a little bit of sense or explained why he called Bear Mama.

"Okay... so if my momma and your papa are the same mare then that makes us brother and sister..." I heard Bear snuffle and I spared him only a glance. "Who's your other parent?" I asked, because I was so lost on what to call his other parent since he already had a mama and a papa.

Looking at him right then, since I knew that we both had the same mother (papa, whatever) I could see the similarities between him and my momma. The red tipped horn, those white barred legs... the only thing that truly threw me off was his purple eyes. They were familiar, but for the life of me I couldn't remember where I had seen them before.

"."

Credits

@Murtagh

aud pixel!

Outcast
M
U
R
T
A
G
H
So the mare started acting real funny, as though Murtagh had said something shocking. At first he just thought she was overcome by awe - his Papa was a pretty impressive warrior, so Murtagh wasn’t surprise. Maybe knowledge of her feats had spread right across Helovia so that this mare, who had been trying to steal Eytan, finally realized who she was messing with!

He wasn’t connecting the dots on his own, you see, so it wasn’t until what the mare actually sputtered it out that he caught on. “A SISTER?!” Rather than shock, his exclaim was sheer delight - he even spun around in a quick circle, bucking a little before settling down again. Murtagh wanted a sibling ever since he discovered that siblings were a thing, how great would that be? Not that he didn’t mind being followed around by a bear, of course, but siblings were something holy, something special, and he envied those that had them. He eagerly accepted this new knowledge as undisputable fact and from this moment onward, Ranjiri would always be ‘sis’ even if it turned out that this was all a mix up. He still called Eytan ‘Mama’ after all, didn’t he?

Now he’s being asked about who his other parent was but that question didn’t make any sense. Who else would have made a baby with Ktulu? No one else. To him, his mothers had been mates ever since he was born so it made sense that they had always been mates. “Lakota’s my mammina. Isn’t she yours too?” Surely Lakota would have told him that he had a sister but where did those wings come from. It was a question that he ended up speaking out loud right in the same moment that he was thinking it. “How come if you’re my sister you’ve got wings?” That didn’t seem entirely fair, he thought, and he grew a little pout at the thought. But then another question chased that one right out of his head. “Do you have a bear too?! Everyone has a bear, I’ve been looking for my own cub but Papa says I gotta be patient.” Like that was ever going to happen.  
Image Credit
table by Sevin

@Ranjiri
pixel by Kiara <3