the Rift

[PRIVATE] thistles and prickles

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

The meadow was one of my favorite places to be when it was warm. It had the best grazing, there was a stream for water and to cool off in if it got too hot, trees for shade, and I knew where that secret spot with all the wildflowers was that Dragomir had showed me. When I had first gotten to the meadow I had checked there to see if he was around, but when I saw it was empty I went off on my own to relax and enjoy the peace before the next big fight, because there was definitely going to be another one; there had already been three.

"Mama!!"

I turned and looked when I heard the shout, expecting to see a foal and his mother, but all I saw was a foal and a mass of brown fur that definitely wasn't a mare. I squinted because that mass of fur looked familiar and I guess that familiarity was what made me wander closer. As I moved closer I could hear the grunts and growled of the bear and it immediately brought a memory of my mother's bear to the forefront of my mind. I had gone everywhere with her companion, had explored the meadow countless times, and spent more nights than I could count after Roskuld left curled up with her bear for warmth.

"Bear!" The word flew past my lips before I could stop it and for a split second I was worried that that bear belong to the little foal that had shouted for mama. That worry disappeared when the bear turned to me and didn't growl or look angry or even the least bit threatening. "It is you isn't it, Bear?" I asked, grinning like an absolute idiot.

Bear, in the same clumsy manner that I remembered, ran toward me and right into me. He was growling and grumbling as I wrapped my wings around him and hugged him just like I used to when I was the same age as the... the foal. I lifted my head and looked at the kid, but I didn't let go of Bear. "Why do you have my Momma's bear?"

"."

Credits

@Murtagh

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
thistles and prickles - by Murtagh - 10-15-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: thistles and prickles - by Ranjiri - 10-15-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: thistles and prickles - by Murtagh - 10-15-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: thistles and prickles - by Ranjiri - 10-16-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: thistles and prickles - by Murtagh - 10-18-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: thistles and prickles - by Ranjiri - 10-22-2015, 09:12 AM
RE: thistles and prickles - by Murtagh - 10-22-2015, 12:57 PM