the Rift

[PRIVATE] thistles and prickles

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

"Your Momma?"

"Yeah." I said as I continued to stare at the foal with my wings wrapped around Bear so he wouldn't leave. "Bear -- Eytan belongs to my Momma. Why do you have him?" It didn't even occur to me that I the kid could even be my brother or even related to me. It didn't matter that he had the same red accents that Aunt Ophelia did, or the same white legs and red tipped horn that my momma had. It didn't matter. All that mattered was that he was palling around with my momma's bear, one of my first friends, and my babysitter.

"No." I said when the kid told me that it was his papa's bear. "This is my Momma's bear." That much I knew for sure because no other bear would come running to me like Eytan did. And no other bear I'd seen in the wild had that goofy grumbling, growling greeting that he did. It was my momma's bear

Bear started to wiggle so I unwrapped my wings from around him and let him go, but instead of staying by me he went back over to the foal and started pushing him toward me. My ears fell back and I frowned, but I stood my ground while Bear ... did whatever it was he was doing. When he finally stopped and plopped his furry butt on the ground I was standing almost nose to nose with the foal. I looked at Bear, but he only grunted and tilted his head toward the kid and I knew he was trying to tell me something, but I didn't have the same bond with him that my mother did.

"What?" I asked when Bear grunted at me again then looked pointedly at the kid. "You want me to talk to him? About what?" But Bear just stared at me and I stared back at him, but if there was one thing I remember Bear being good at it was staring contests. "Who's your Papa?" I asked as I looked away from Bear.

There. Maybe we should start there so I could prove that Bear was my Momma's.

"."

Credits

@Murtagh

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
thistles and prickles - by Murtagh - 10-15-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: thistles and prickles - by Ranjiri - 10-15-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: thistles and prickles - by Murtagh - 10-15-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: thistles and prickles - by Ranjiri - 10-16-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: thistles and prickles - by Murtagh - 10-18-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: thistles and prickles - by Ranjiri - 10-22-2015, 09:12 AM
RE: thistles and prickles - by Murtagh - 10-22-2015, 12:57 PM