the Rift

Coat of arms (Quest Return, Earth god, Alex, Ali, )
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
It had been a long trip. A hot, cold, bitter, sweet, and everything in-between, long trip. He was tired. But, beyond the tiredness was an unrestrained excitement. Midas had paid the required toll to get what he desired—not to mention, he was actually stillpaying. Mind drifted to the bonded tiger they had obtained in order to pull steel from the ground. He still had to lead them back home, and find the creature a Medic. The cold steel was set between his teeth; he had carried it from the Steppe to his lord’s domain. Having company that was both wingless and injured hindered his ability to fly. It was no matter though; the journey was coming to an end.

The shrine of his lord loomed up ahead; he could have whinnied for joy but found such things were better presented when one was alone. Straining neck Midas trotted forward and up stony steps. Hidden in a little crevice of rock, the prizes of his and Ktulu’s toil lay in patient wait. Placing the steel gently down, he moved to pull the rest of their findings and set them directly in front of the shrine.

Glancing up at the clear night sky he said, “Ktulu,” voice soft and tender, attention shifted to glance her way, “You have stood by me in all these trials—if ever you need me,” Twisting neck to regard her fully he added strongly, “I will do everything that is within my power, to assist you.” Midas bowed his squared head to her, “My thanks cannot be expressed enough; you have shown me the true face of friendship.” Emotional gratitude flooded his tone. He didn't know how she would feel about his sudden need to express such thanks--he felt at the very least, she should know how he truly felt.

Head turned back to the shrine, voice rose to a diamond filled sky, “Oh, Lord of Earth, I have returned to you with the requested items and a dear friend.”

OOC: Tamme or, maybe it was boom boom. -shrugs- One of them told me that I could go ahead and say that Midas got the Leather from Blu, until she gets time to respond to my post <'3.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
KTULU
it's getting harder and harder to breathe

The zombie colt had set her on edge and his stench still clung to the air around her nose and the tiger that was walking with them. Ktulu cast a wary glance down at the thing, wondering how it could take being bonded to something dead and so callous. Her tail slapped her flanks as she trotted up path that lead to the veins ahead of Midas and the tiger. She longed for a breath of fresh air and not the tainted air that hung stagnant around the tiger. Maybe that was her imagination, though.

Ktulu halted before the Earth God's shrine and looked up toward the sky. Midas joined her only moments later and when he spoke her name her gaze fell from the sky to the stallion standing beside her. Her ears tilted toward him as he spoke and he drew a small grin from her. "You as well, Midas." She said. "Should you ever be in need you need only ask for my help."

She lapsed into silence as Midas called upon the Earth God then stood waiting, thinking that maybe she should have gone back to the Throat to retrieve her son from his aunt so he could see his father again.

Icon by Tay

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable
PYR

I have been calling him for so long now that I cannot remember a silence in my mind. He left and for the first time I could not follow; he told me it was what he wanted. But my tortured father knows nothing of want- one must understand need to understand the concept of want. The difference between the two is everything that makes a being great. My father tries so hard to be great. He thinks it is a matter of power and control, of defiance to those above him in rank but below him in myth- I wish so much I could show him that he is wrong. His act against Kri is what stripped him of himself, of me. He has left me with these strangers in hopes that they can fix me while he cannot, left me alone in this herd as he roams to borders, an outcast. He thinks it is better for me- I think it is simply better for him.

The pain I feel as I trail behind these two unfamiliar beings now is deserved, I understand that. I have spoken out before when I should have known to stay silent, fed myself before him, failed to find the bones of so many dead at his request. And I have loved him- perhaps that is my greatest sin.

But I cannot suppress the sensation. I do not wish to. Love is the greatest thing I have known; I can see beyond the chains and into his heart, know that he does not chain me to keep me away, but instead that he binds me to his side out of love he does not yet understand. Surely he must love me in return- for me to believe anything else would be for me to accept death. And yet I cannot forget that he did not take me with him.

His last act as Artisan was to help others, and yet he could not help me. My trust for him extends endlessly, but in his absence I feel only pain. I cannot understand how to leave me is to love me. So I simply follow, blindly, my mind still searching for his in the unseen distance. I try to close my eyes and hypnotize myself, to forget the hurt, but I cannot. And so I find myself awake and barely alive at the veins of the gods, where his quest began.

But he is not here, and once again, I am alone.

[[Sorry about the wait.]]

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The God of the Earth felt the chill of winter pass through the bond he held with the mortal earth. He smiled at the change in seasons, glad that nature was able to take hold again. The great stallion bubbled up from the ground like water, taking shape into the gigantic draft. He smiled as he saw Midas and Ktulu. The pegasus was a proud and noble creature, and Ktulu had carried and protected his son dutifully. Another was among them now though, the poor, wretched creature who clung to life in death. The God of the Earth nodded to him before addressing Midas and spying on his treasures.

"You have found everything that I need to create your armor." He said, thinking about how to attach the pieces to the pegasus's form. "Remain very still, Midas. Remember that without help, you cannot remove this armor. Flight will be more difficult when you are wearing it as your wings are not fully equipped to carry more weight than your own. In a season's time, you may return so that I can tinker with the armor to make it lighter and easier to remove. However, you must bear the burden of your choices for now." With a deep breath, the God of the Earth began to shape the metal; the sound was grating, like a million nails on a chalkboard.

The pieces began to take shape. Metal plates like scales aligned themselves perfectly to Midas' body, stacking and then working into place. It was an articulated shell, adorned with beautiful, gold filigree and tied into place with large strips of leather. In a few moments, the armor was complete. With a single thought, the metal plates moved, stacking and shifting until they were simply a heavy, ornate collar around his neck. "Since you found Ktulu to aide you, you will be able to make the armor cover your body and shape into this collar with but a thought. As you notice, the weight does not change." The God smiled just a little, seeing his first battle hardened creation come to life with mixed emotions.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Her small beam lightened his heart a million fold more than it already was, “You as well, Midas,” his gaze had angled to her and softened with an unsought of tenderness he hadn’t experienced many times in his life, "Should you ever be in need you need only ask for my help."

His lord took no pleasure in remaining idle when a son of earth called for guidance, and for that, Midas was very grateful. Mighty head lowered fully; respectfully he leaned forward in a half bow of admiration and undying loyalty. Ties remained firmly tethered to the Throat, but he would devote body and soul to his lord if the need for it ever came forth. Earth bubbled and shifted into a familiar form, the mighty ram spirals of horn emerged, followed by forest green orbs that gazed at the trio with kind expression.

"You have found everything that I need to create your armor."

Gaze rose only after his divine father had spoken first. Orbs tilted up with ears perked curiously forward to catch every syllable that fell from chocolate lips. “Remain very still, Midas.” Body stiffened naturally at first, breathing out he forced each muscle to relax. Tail stilled movement, his lord reminded that weight and burdened removal would follow the attachment. Midas dared to allow a simple nod of understanding, while throat tried to swallow excitement and nerves all at once. It was a little worrying to think how the hindering of armor would have great effect on his flying; thus was the way of the world though. No pain, no gain.

“In a season's time, you may return,” He found this piece of information and what followed, rather useful. When spring finally came back to their land, he would return with such a purpose as his lord mentioned. He would carry the weight of his choice, and willingly so; in turn, he would grow as an individual. A breath was taken inward and suddenly a screeching noise filled his ears, each sound raking the hairs along his senses until they folded back unwillingly. Cold plates began to creep along his hide, each scale-like piece folding over his body.

The fashioning didn’t hurt, no— but flanks felt constricted for the first time as slices of leather pealed around the underside of his thighs, and forelegs. Chest and neck followed, heavy pieces of strong steel laced its way along his most tender parts until the topmost portion of mane was fully covered. A sturdy piece slid down his face to cover bowed muzzle with simple design. He snorted in fascination, mouth hung slightly apart and eyes wide with childlike interest.

The weight of his armor was not felt foremost, utter astonishment and awe toward the power of his lord kept discomfort at bay for many moments. Dawning didn’t take long though, he felt the armor settle and mold to his flesh more readily, warm now and pulsing; as if somehow alive against his trembling flesh. Wings had tilted up away from his sides as the plates retracted from thighs, forelimbs, neck and muzzle and slide into a silvery and golden colored collar that fashioned snugly around his neck.

Breathless for words he listened readily and smiled in returned. The muscles in his neck flexed and bulged out as he bowed again, knowing well that the extra weight was going to take some getting used to; and stronger muscles would be required to carry it until spring, “Your blessings are more than I desire, I only offer my most humblest of thanks,” he uttered strongly. Gaze glancing up at the heavenly being. Midas had always felt closest to the Earth god; even as a small child. It was his faith that brought strength and wisdom in hard times, in a way, this god was some semblance of a father to him.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
KTULU
it's getting harder and harder to breathe

Ktulu stood back and watched as the God of the Earth appeared before them all, his main focus being on Midas. Her eyes traced over the God's body, taking in every contour of his musculature. How could someone so strong and obviously built for battle be so kind? She didn't understand it. And then there was Midas, who was so much smaller than the God, so much weaker (as they all were), and he was ready for battle. Preparing for it even now when there was no obvious threat to them all.

She was drawn from her thoughts when the god spoke and metal began to screech as it was molded to fit Midas' body. It took mere moments before the armor was complete. The mare stepped back and looked Midas over once more. "The armor is handsome, but I would expect no less with it coming from Father Earth." She smiled then. "It suits you well, Midas."

Ktulu looked up at the Earth God and dipped her head to him then looked back at Midas. "If you'll both excuse me, I've been away from my son long enough."

Icon by Tay

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable
PYR

There is a clash of metal and I cry instinctively. I remember the screeching sound of cold, hard steel rubbing together as chains were forged and rattled. I remember his torturous ways, and I feel the pain anew as the sound prevails and clouds my senses. As the gold coats the stranger I feel uncomfortable and vulnerable with no one to turn to. The mare cannot stand the sight of me, it is a simple fact to observe that she is doing nothing to hide, and the God himself is the source of this sensation.

The sound of the metal sends my bones to rattle and my eyes to shut tightly. I miss him, I want him beside me, even if he could not tell me that he loves me when he was there. I press my body hard and flat into the earth, I cover my ears with my paws, and I begin to cry a low, mournful sound.

I hardly notice when the moment is gone, I am held to the earth by pain that takes from me the strength to rise. I hear things happening around me, complicated words being exchanged, and I realize I only faintly understand them. I know my master's voice and know it well- his words are my bible, committed to memory to keep my faith with me at all times. But the utterances of these strangers seem to be nothing but distractions from my destination- detours off of the path of faith. I believe that they do not understand the relationship I have with him and the love that is there. But surely he does, I know that he must.

And I know that I do. My body curls up and tempts me with a sleep I may not wake from, but I know I understand love. It is one of the few things I remember from birth; the soft touch of my mother beside me and the firmness of her teeth upon my scruff is a distant memory, but my first hunt with my master, my father, the taste of the snake's blood- That is something that will stay with me forever.

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.