the Rift

Coat of arms (Quest Return, Earth god, Alex, Ali, )

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable
PYR

I have been calling him for so long now that I cannot remember a silence in my mind. He left and for the first time I could not follow; he told me it was what he wanted. But my tortured father knows nothing of want- one must understand need to understand the concept of want. The difference between the two is everything that makes a being great. My father tries so hard to be great. He thinks it is a matter of power and control, of defiance to those above him in rank but below him in myth- I wish so much I could show him that he is wrong. His act against Kri is what stripped him of himself, of me. He has left me with these strangers in hopes that they can fix me while he cannot, left me alone in this herd as he roams to borders, an outcast. He thinks it is better for me- I think it is simply better for him.

The pain I feel as I trail behind these two unfamiliar beings now is deserved, I understand that. I have spoken out before when I should have known to stay silent, fed myself before him, failed to find the bones of so many dead at his request. And I have loved him- perhaps that is my greatest sin.

But I cannot suppress the sensation. I do not wish to. Love is the greatest thing I have known; I can see beyond the chains and into his heart, know that he does not chain me to keep me away, but instead that he binds me to his side out of love he does not yet understand. Surely he must love me in return- for me to believe anything else would be for me to accept death. And yet I cannot forget that he did not take me with him.

His last act as Artisan was to help others, and yet he could not help me. My trust for him extends endlessly, but in his absence I feel only pain. I cannot understand how to leave me is to love me. So I simply follow, blindly, my mind still searching for his in the unseen distance. I try to close my eyes and hypnotize myself, to forget the hurt, but I cannot. And so I find myself awake and barely alive at the veins of the gods, where his quest began.

But he is not here, and once again, I am alone.

[[Sorry about the wait.]]

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coat of arms (Quest Return, Earth god, Alex, Ali, ) - by Prometheus - 10-08-2012, 07:23 AM