the Rift

Coat of arms (Quest Return, Earth god, Alex, Ali, )
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

m i d a s
BEYOND HERE LIES NOTHING
Her small beam lightened his heart a million fold more than it already was, “You as well, Midas,” his gaze had angled to her and softened with an unsought of tenderness he hadn’t experienced many times in his life, "Should you ever be in need you need only ask for my help."

His lord took no pleasure in remaining idle when a son of earth called for guidance, and for that, Midas was very grateful. Mighty head lowered fully; respectfully he leaned forward in a half bow of admiration and undying loyalty. Ties remained firmly tethered to the Throat, but he would devote body and soul to his lord if the need for it ever came forth. Earth bubbled and shifted into a familiar form, the mighty ram spirals of horn emerged, followed by forest green orbs that gazed at the trio with kind expression.

"You have found everything that I need to create your armor."

Gaze rose only after his divine father had spoken first. Orbs tilted up with ears perked curiously forward to catch every syllable that fell from chocolate lips. “Remain very still, Midas.” Body stiffened naturally at first, breathing out he forced each muscle to relax. Tail stilled movement, his lord reminded that weight and burdened removal would follow the attachment. Midas dared to allow a simple nod of understanding, while throat tried to swallow excitement and nerves all at once. It was a little worrying to think how the hindering of armor would have great effect on his flying; thus was the way of the world though. No pain, no gain.

“In a season's time, you may return,” He found this piece of information and what followed, rather useful. When spring finally came back to their land, he would return with such a purpose as his lord mentioned. He would carry the weight of his choice, and willingly so; in turn, he would grow as an individual. A breath was taken inward and suddenly a screeching noise filled his ears, each sound raking the hairs along his senses until they folded back unwillingly. Cold plates began to creep along his hide, each scale-like piece folding over his body.

The fashioning didn’t hurt, no— but flanks felt constricted for the first time as slices of leather pealed around the underside of his thighs, and forelegs. Chest and neck followed, heavy pieces of strong steel laced its way along his most tender parts until the topmost portion of mane was fully covered. A sturdy piece slid down his face to cover bowed muzzle with simple design. He snorted in fascination, mouth hung slightly apart and eyes wide with childlike interest.

The weight of his armor was not felt foremost, utter astonishment and awe toward the power of his lord kept discomfort at bay for many moments. Dawning didn’t take long though, he felt the armor settle and mold to his flesh more readily, warm now and pulsing; as if somehow alive against his trembling flesh. Wings had tilted up away from his sides as the plates retracted from thighs, forelimbs, neck and muzzle and slide into a silvery and golden colored collar that fashioned snugly around his neck.

Breathless for words he listened readily and smiled in returned. The muscles in his neck flexed and bulged out as he bowed again, knowing well that the extra weight was going to take some getting used to; and stronger muscles would be required to carry it until spring, “Your blessings are more than I desire, I only offer my most humblest of thanks,” he uttered strongly. Gaze glancing up at the heavenly being. Midas had always felt closest to the Earth god; even as a small child. It was his faith that brought strength and wisdom in hard times, in a way, this god was some semblance of a father to him.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coat of arms (Quest Return, Earth god, Alex, Ali, ) - by Midas - 10-08-2012, 10:05 PM