the Rift

Let Me Be Your Shelter

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Courage, Loyalty, Honor</style>

there's a brotherhood between us.
  if you're not ready to give up everything you've already lost.
</style>

To be truthful, Ktulu had been waiting for a herd meeting since they had first learned of the Rift and the god battles that had been plaguing Helovia. That they were having a meeting so late only spoke of just how busy they had all been with the fighting that seemed to happen in such rapid succession. It seemed they were afforded a small reprieve, but the warrior in her knew and assumed that it would not last long. There would be another land coming because the God of the Earth had not returned yet, and if history repeated itself there would be another fight. So when Kaj and Archibald called the herd together she wasted little time in getting there.

She stood off to Archibald's side, several paces back if only because she did not hold the rank he did, and kept her eyes on the herd as they gathered. One ear was tilted in Kaj's direction as he spoke, but the promotions of medics mattered little to the battleworn mare. It was Archibald's announcements, the promotion of Ciceron that she had suggested upon the conclusion of their spar, was all that mattered to her. She had wondered and hoped that he would take her suggestion seriously and promote the stallion that she had thought deserved it more than any of her other warriors.

When Archibald made the announcement of Ciceron's promotion a slight twitch of her lips was the only indication that she was happy and approved of the stallion's new rank. As he joined her side she turned her head toward him, her own muzzle bumping roughly against his neck as she returned his touch. "I just made a suggestion." She answered back quietly. "And Archibald sees what I see ... don't disappoint us." Her head turned back to Archibald, then, and she listened as he concluded his speech by introducing his daughter to the herd and inwardly Ktulu was surprised at her growth. A yearling already? Had it really been a year that he'd been without Circe and she'd been without Hototo?

It was a year that felt like an eternity.

"Warriors!" Ktulu spoke up rather suddenly, desperate to chase away the grief that was threatening to overwhelm her in the middle of the herd meeting. "You will meet with Ciceron and myself at the conclusion of this meeting. Those of you who wish to join our ranks are invited to meet with us."

"."

CREDITS

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Kaj - 10-18-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Archibald - 10-18-2015, 08:17 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Ciceron - 10-18-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Resplendence - 10-18-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Isopia - 10-19-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Ktulu - 10-19-2015, 10:58 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Imonada - 10-19-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Brisa - 10-19-2015, 06:00 PM