the Rift

Let Me Be Your Shelter

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

Ah, yes, the herd meetings. Knox has not forgotten about their unique charm, their absolute dullness, their tedious uselessness.

When was the last time he'd been to one? Years ago, surely. And the last time he'd enjoyed one? Oh, well, that would have to be never.

He listens now from the shadows with a disinterest that is so total that it is actually impressive. Manhattan is still dripping with blood from their hunt and he has commanded her to commence her silent stalking. She will return for the both of them, he's not of a mind to truly present himself to this crowd.

He thinks, idly, that they aren't worthy of him. Certainly not Archibald, who stands their praising yet another of his offspring. How many young demons has his elder brother spawned, now?

Fifty, maybe, Knox muses. He must contain the snort that threatens to burst from his nostrils as he circles the edge of this.

But the real reason he does not show himself is because there is no one to show himself to. Everyone he knew is gone--the Windtossed Foothills is no more. He is a part of the Hidden Falls now, whatever that really is. He needs a place to stay and he needs a place for his son to grow up, so he is here. He holds rank because Archibald and this Kaj fellow were too inept to produce anyone else interested in the role. Perhaps this will change.

But until it does, Knox wanders around the edges. At one point he calls out, blithely, just to contribute to the noise and clatter. He drops his cloak but stands enough in the dark that only those with the sharpest of eyes could see the dark figure--Zekiah--that is revealed. "Any interested in the art of stealth, seek out the Dauntless' brother."

And that is it. A voice from a crowd with no definite tone, unable to be made out and enough of a mystery to satisfy him. He settles beside a particularly colorful mare and oozes out of his cloak, revealing the pure white form of Cem. Unrecognized by any in this herd meeting's attendance--just an old white stallion with an eerie sort of glow, but otherwise unassuming. Maybe Archibald will know, if Archibald has any brains left.

Maybe Aylin would, if he hadn't blinded her.

img © nereis01

Circles while cloaked, eventually dropping it momentarily to tell people to seek out Knox if they are interested in stealthing. When he first drops it, he is in the form of Zekiah. He then draws it back up, fades out of sight and sound eventually, and then returns in the form of Cem beside @Parelia . Manhattan is circling the crowd as well, out of sight. No one will recognize him except Aylin if she attends, and perhaps Archibald if he is astute.

Messages In This Thread
Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Kaj - 10-18-2015, 12:02 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Archibald - 10-18-2015, 08:17 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Ciceron - 10-18-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Resplendence - 10-18-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Isopia - 10-19-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Ktulu - 10-19-2015, 10:58 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Imonada - 10-19-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Brisa - 10-19-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Miykael - 10-20-2015, 01:19 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Parelia - 10-22-2015, 01:17 AM
RE: Let Me Be Your Shelter - by Murtagh - 10-22-2015, 01:20 PM