the Rift

Sun Stained Soul [Open]

Cyrus Posts: 20
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 Years Buff: NOVICE
Semper
Cyrus
Cyrus was quite at home under quaint, swaying thistle heads. He was well sheltered in the dense brush, all he could see ahead were where the fuzzy violet and emerald ends blending into cyan clouds. It was a gradient, really. The little copper colt moved briskly on his bony legs and soft heels, his tail swishing with abrupt anticipation. The Sun burned happiness across the grasses and occasional trees, but most of all the ginger gale carried into the boy's teal eyes, making them shine with such dandy emotion. Blooms brushed by his inky nose tickling his whiskers as he gazed with his head cocked towards the sky. That was his destination. He dreamt of soaring through those shapeless clouds.

Just as he thought, she swooped down from Heaven. Her blue body blended into the luminescent skies, her outline was the first to become visible as she gracefully collided with the purple grasses. Her voice was just as smooth. The girl introduced herself with the dignity and excitement as anyone else would have. Cyrus was already used to two of the races, but this... This was a little strange. His teal eyes dissected her appendages, burning into the young feathers. There was nothing wrong with them - they were just interesting. Extremely interesting... The flaxen boy stepped closer, regarding her greeting with a simple twitch of the ears. He couldn't put one logical answer in his mind that explained the happenings of these wings. His rapidly running thoughts put an odd smirk on the black skin of his lips. "You're..." He started to speak, but then his voice fell into the swaying grasses as he continued to stare into her. It was perhaps the most intelligent statement young Cyrus could create. "You're cool!" He voice streamed out, growing with sudden excitement. He came to the final conclusion that Cirrus was indeed just like his sister - unique and awesome!

The flaxen boy neared the blue girl, wary of those large wings. He was too young to feel fear from only himself so he was cautious, just like he pictured his parents would be. "Hey, my name's like yours! I'm Cyrus!" He didn't understand why, but he had the most overwhelming feeling - the most dire urge he'd ever had. It was like some sort of itch, throbbing at the very insides of his nose. He wondered so, so badly what she smelt like. So without any further warning towards her, he walked right up and stuck his nose in the mass of feathers - inhaling as deep as he could. Little did he know, dust and dander from those soaring devices soared right up the tiny canals of his nostrils! Strong, staggering coughs shook his tiny frame, and he backed away with his teal eyes closed and nose ruffled. 'That is the worst smell ever!' "You smell weird," the chestnut boy yelled into the brisk summer gale. "Why do they smell like that?" He didn't mean any rudeness by it, he was completely and fully intrigued now. 'Do all with wings smell like that?'

"But don't worry, I think, umm" He paused. "I think you smell good." Cyrus was no good at lying, and it was very obvious.

Somewhere from behind, crunching grass sounded another's appearance. The colt swung around, ears erect to catch a dun's voice. He was like Cyrus, no horn, no wings; bare, but swathed with trillions of white hairs. He boasted shimmering aqua eyes that were fixed on the oddly winged filly. For a second, the young hide of Cyrus almost became defensive over his new-found friend, but as soon as the older colt introduced himself and claimed to have already met with her, he relaxed. "Hi" Cyrus spoke respectfully, always told to respect his elders. He stood quietly as the red dun observed Cirrus. "Who are you?"

[ Oh, I love children! <3 I apologize for the obnoxious length :x ]

In all Chaos
There is Calculation
please tag cyrus

Messages In This Thread
Sun Stained Soul [Open] - by Cyrus - 06-12-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: Sun Stained Soul [Open] - by Cirrus - 06-15-2012, 01:52 AM
RE: Sun Stained Soul [Open] - by Jackal2 - 06-15-2012, 03:10 PM
RE: Sun Stained Soul [Open] - by Cyrus - 06-15-2012, 08:40 PM
RE: Sun Stained Soul [Open] - by Cirrus - 06-18-2012, 10:25 PM
RE: Sun Stained Soul [Open] - by Jackal2 - 06-19-2012, 11:35 AM