the Rift

Only a matter of time

Thalwinra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
OOC: I'm not good at activity so it's probably best if I go as an outcast unless some herd somewhere doesn't mind.

My feet carried me through thick trees into foreign territory, and Helovia opened its welcoming arms to its newest traveler. My ghostly white form disappearing behind the trees, only to reappear briefly between the tree gaps before slipping into cover again behind another thicket. Steam rolled from my nostrils as my hot breath fought in defiance with the crisp, icy air. The sun was not out today, hidden behind a blanket of clouds that drizzled misty rain over the valley. But I like this. I like the moist stillness. Rainy days aren’t a common pleasure, but the stillness in the air and the smell of wet decaying plant-life comforts me.

I could tell that I wasn't alone out here. Looking down I find the trail I'm walking is littered with horse tracks (both old and new) from numerous horses that took the same trails in an out of this territory. Their scents muffled by the damp air, and my nose numb from the cold, any attempts to dissect the smells would be a waste of time. Why so much traffic? What's so special about this place?

I stop briefly in the trees to have a look around, only the hissing of the wind between the branches make any sort of noise. It was almost eerie, this is the part where a creature is to grab me by the mouth and slit my throat. With this thought haunting my mind I didn’t even realize I was holding my breath until I let out a sigh which relieved my lungs.
I decided to keep moving--each step is slow, careful, and light--after all I'm in no hurry. Nowhere to be and nothing to do.