the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I)
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
He hadn't dared to trust. And he had been right to.

But this time, it had come as less of a disappointment, and more like a weight finally lifting from his shoulders. His vigil was over. The foul darkness had come to test itself against Earth, and Mauja would go into battle for the Gods once more—alone in a crowd, one in a swarm of many. It was by sheer number they won; not prowess.

With a mighty bellow the God of the Earth materialized, a giant tigress dripping hot tar rebounding from her attack. Mauja felt something in his heart tighten, go heavy and numb.

She had drawn first blood, mortal red dripping down Earth's shoulder. It was shallow, but a wound nonetheless, and he didn't know whether to be furious, concerned, or .. ashamed? Ashamed, of his Gods' fallibility? Wasn't this what he had always said, always thought—that they were not as mighty, as flawless, as perfect and worthy of worship as many claimed? That they, too, could fall?

And all the same Earth stood his ground, noble in his desire to protect, doing his duty and facing down this menace he had brought into their realm.

If Mauja held back—if they all held back—would he battle the beast alone? Would he give it his everything, risk his life for them? Would he stand by his word and give every ounce of his being into the fight—or would he turn craven, call for the aid of those with so much less power than he?

It was an interesting thought, but as many already charged into the fray he doubted they were interested in standing back to gamble with the life of one of their Gods just to test his mettle.

So Mauja charged, too, wondering what this agile beast would have to offer them—a charge that ended abruptly as pretty much everyone decided it was a good idea to cause earthquakes. The white stallion stumbled, crashed down onto one knee before he caught himself. "Thank you for the warning," he muttered darkly to no one in particular, hoisting himself up again.

In the sunlight, hot tar bubbled where it had fallen from the tiger.

Tar.

He glanced at those already swarming the god—glanced at the multitude still making their way over, drawn in by the mayhem. He glanced at those who flew, at Erthë by the sidelines, at everyone.

And then, he made his choice.

Yelling "STAND BACK!" he charged straight towards the tigress, and with little care for those stupid enough to remain in his way he called upon the most destructive thing he knew: fire.

And fire answered. Five majestic swans, each and every one of them composed out of living flame, burst into life in front of his chest as he neared the beast; he braked in their wake as they descended upon their prey, ending in bright bursts at the edge of their reach.

Mauja had already turned his back on it, jumping a puddle of blackness as he made for safety, a small, tight smile on his lips.

He had no desire to be caught in his own hellfire. But the damn cat and her tar would burn.

[ TEAM EARTH GOD! Mauja shouts for people to get back and then attempts to set the hot tar, both on the ground and on the tiger itself, on fire! BUUURN! :D ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Mauja - 10-19-2015, 12:06 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Morenth - 10-19-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Evaneska - 10-20-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Nuray - 10-20-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Beest - 10-21-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Dovahkiin - 10-22-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Kipling - 10-22-2015, 02:26 PM