the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I)

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
The Earth God beamed at him— and the giant stud felt it warm the very dirt beneath his hooves. It was a surreal feeling, to earn the approval of a god. And entirely novel to the elephant. So he returned the warm smile of the Earth deity, dipping his great horn in a respectful nod. Though @Virgil had soon wandered off in search of another.

But his eyes are caught by the sight of @Nyx — or, more importantly, her swollen barrel. A strange weightlessness drops in his gut, for he had been with her. Was it he who rounded her sides? His mind flashes to Rexanna, for things were so changed with her since he had sparred and mounted the Edge’s warrior. Doubt, underlined with a strange sense of hope, flooded his pain-creased eyes.

He moved towards the soaking wet, pregnant mare as her electric gaze meets his. There is a thrill there- a jolt as voltaic as her. He moves towards her, continually glancing at her displaced ribs and dripping legs. “Nyx—“ his quiet, rumbling question was cut off by commotion.

Once again, the Rift gods proved unjust and deceitful. The tigress of melting tar swipes their firmly just god, sprawling in a mess of black gunk. The sound of rolling boulders grate his pounding skull, and he narrows his deep blue eyes against the noise. Still, as a trained soldier, he gathers himself to launch an attack on the corrupt god. Masses of muscle, pounds of flesh all bunch and ready themselves to be hurled—

But the masses of fire freeze him with their heat. There is so much aflame here, the hungry tongues licking the pools of tar and spiraling everywhere. Instinctively he leans away from the heat, knowing the full extent of its devastation. But he thinks of the mare beside him, and what might possibly be growing within her.

So he braves the flames, lunging with large hooves and trying to angle his body between any attacks and the white mare’s pregnant sides. He knows he cannot stop the soldier from entering the fray (only she can make that choice), but he can try to absorb any blows that would harm the life inside her.
what a lovely way to burn
credits | table by Neo

Team Earth
Lunges hooves at tiger and tries to protect Nyx anyway his big body can.

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Morenth - 10-19-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Tembovu - 10-20-2015, 09:56 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Evaneska - 10-20-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Nuray - 10-20-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Beest - 10-21-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Dovahkiin - 10-22-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Kipling - 10-22-2015, 02:26 PM