the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I)

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It was happening again. The promise of peace was sliced in half as a large tiger attacked the Earth God. He yelled - something about a promise. I couldn't hear, the cries of war far too loud. Get away from us. Please.. please. This - This was too much. Ghosts of the past threatened to catch up with me as my eyes temporarily saw the lands of Urd around me. For a moment all I could do was stand there. Petrified.

Numbly I watched as Thantos charged into battle. I wonder if he even knew I was here? He seemed to be doing well: already appeared to know a lot of people. I knew people.. sort of. I mean I guess I'm a member of a herd now, but the weight of that reality was frightening. Part of me still wanted to run from those whom only wished to help. Fear is the worst enemy one can face.

I did not know many of the Hidden Falls but I noticed Ciceron and Kiara charging into the battle. Along the sidelines was Resplendence. The sweet, loving mare was doing what I already knew fit her perfectly: seeking to heal those in need. If only I was able to be that selfless.

My hooves started to move toward the Earth Medic but a certain figure caused me to freeze. The young filly was easy to spot with her porcelain figure that was as white as snow. Her mother.. She had died right in front of me. Guilt gnawed at my heart. If I had been able to react quicker or.. or something[ a family wouldn't be torn apart. Like a coward I had ran away when more equines began to approach. I was too afraid to face her, too afraid of what she would think of me.

The girl was off on the sidelines. Would she be safe? Considering the flames that ravaged the tiger I found it hard to believe she would be in range. Security was offered in standing by Resplendence's side and a chance to actually help. To be useful. Yet my guilt worn heart led my hooves frantically to the filly and, like I had did against the crocodile, I stood in front of her.

I couldn't let anymore injury come to the girl. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I stood by and watched as more potential deaths occurred.

TEAM EARTH GOD
mentions @Erthë @Thantos @Ciceron
summary moves to stand in front of erthe in case the tiger knows any attacks that may reach the young foal.

“This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.”
- T.S. Eliot

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Morenth - 10-19-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Evaneska - 10-20-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Nuray - 10-20-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Beest - 10-21-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Dovahkiin - 10-22-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Kipling - 10-22-2015, 02:26 PM