the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I)

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

If not for Manhattan's vigilance, Anaan would not have been prepared in the slightest. Even when she is bristling with anticipation of hostility, he does not understand fully the danger he and his great grandson are in. He has time only to draw his dripping frame closer to the outskirts and farther from this Helovian god, to whom he has no attachment.

Manhattan, however, does not turn from the fight. She knows what is coming, and she starts running as soon as the tiger erupts from the void. Her jaws spit poison as she snaps them, leaping up to try and catch onto the great tiger's neck. For the Earth God and her family, to whom she is most loyal, she will do anything and attack any monster. She must protect them.

And on the sidelines the protector knows that he, too, must take part. He shields Milo with his great figure, pressing his nose softly to the colt's shivering wet side, and tells him to "Go, go into the trees," as he struggles to veil his alarm. He draws upon Knox's cloaking magic, casting it over the child. He starts to lunge, knowing he is a warrior even if he is a retired one, and were it not for the flame he perhaps could have been a brave soul again.

But the fire. It leaps from everywhere as tar catches light and Anaan--covered still in the burns that remind him always of his mortality--can step no further. He rears in fright, his roaned and greying body cast in shades of yellow and red, and stumbles back, perhaps bumping into an antlered mare that runs near him. But he doesn't have time to check and see if she is alright, he can barely move, he is frozen, he is lost as he watches that war rage on.

Manhattan is too in love with the fight to turn back. She lands, skids to a halt before the God of the Earth, and lets loose her terror upon the feline threat that looms above. Her master is gone but she is here, and she will fight--even if it means the end.

""

A n a a n
Image Credits!

Team Earth

Watches out for Milo as best as he can, cloaks him and tells him to run ( @Random Event for disease interaction ) tries to go forth but when tar erupts in flame he spooks, rears, possibly knocking into @Enna , and freezes up as a result of his great fear of fire. Manhattan runs forward, jumping to tear at the Tiger's neck while using her poison magic, and then stands before the Earth God as if to offer support. She casts Terrorize on the tiger.

Knox is in the form of Anaan, the only character who would recognize this are ones who have previously met Anaan and no characters are aware of the fact that he is Knox unless they have seen him transform (Aylin, perhaps Archibald)

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Morenth - 10-19-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Evaneska - 10-20-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Nuray - 10-20-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Knox - 10-21-2015, 08:27 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Beest - 10-21-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Dovahkiin - 10-22-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Kipling - 10-22-2015, 02:26 PM