the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I)

Beest Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Beest
move through me - i'll be your triumph

“No. Fucking. Way.” Beest whispered under his breath, staring his eyes out at the chaos that exploded all alround him before bolting away.
He had been around on this new grounds for a bit, curious to what all the uproar was about. All seemed to be good and well – these lush and tropical woods reminded him of his homelands. His motherlands featured a tropical climate with rich vegetations, where big savannah plains met lush forests. Grounds fertilised by it’s huge volcanos. Extended wildlife, both big and small, ranging from tall birds to agile predators, roamed these lands. It was an everlasting battle for survival, prey versus predator. A brutal game solely cut out for the fittest with only two possible outcomes: Win or die.
At first glance things had seemed different here in Helovia. Beest had seen weaklings, blind ones, animals that wouldn’t have survived for sure in his old lands. Yet upon closer inspection they all seemed to fight their own battles. While predators may even be befriended here and tend to follow their larger equine companions around with a loyalty unknown to mankind, there were bigger and more dangerous forces at hand. Gods and their magic reigned these grounds and even Beest, who had lived his life as an infidel, could not oppose this. These bigger forces brought greater wars than he had ever witnessed before. He had heard tales of diseases and fear in his short time around but had never actually experienced them first hand, like he was about to now.

From one moment to next the atmosphere shifted from relaxed to complete chaos. Beest could not believe what he was seeing – the ground shook firmly under his feet, making it near impossible for the striped bay to stay on all fours. Equines in all sorts of forms and sizes appeared out of nowhere, ramming and firing magic at an oversized tigress. (Figures, even here not all predators are friends apparently.) Without a second thought, the stallion decided to just get the fuck out as soon as possible. Only a mad man would straight forward run into a war that they had no knowledge of, that had nothing to do with them. Besides, had they all lost their heads? Who in their right minds would start causing earthquakes on an island surrounded by the freaking ocean or just blindly start casting their magic on a target that’s closely surrounded by your allies? No no no, Beest would choose for his own safety and not mingle himself in this. Not before he knew what was going on.
Remembering tales of disappearing oceans, only to come back bigger and faster, consuming everything on it’s path, he reared around to find the highest bit of the island. It might already be too late, it might not happen at all, but this unicorn ran for safety.

"talk talk talk"

Credits
Table by Tamme ♥

INDECISIVE
Beest thinks only mad men would fight a war that isn't their own, thinks the tactics of everyone just attacking the tigress makes it too chaotic for him to contribute and runs for the hills in fear (which may or may not be realistic) of a tsunami caused by the earthquakes from before.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Morenth - 10-19-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Evaneska - 10-20-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Nuray - 10-20-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Beest - 10-21-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Dovahkiin - 10-22-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Kipling - 10-22-2015, 02:26 PM