the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I)

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
-- N A J Y A --

Her tainted vision had actually been an asset in the fight with the crocodile god, but in this fight it seemed there would be no such advantage.  The crocodile had been easy to spot amongst the warm sands of the flats because his body temperature was many degrees cooler than the sands and all the equines surrounding him. 

This wasn’t the case with the tiger-god.  While she was, obviously, tiger-shaped it was incredibly difficult to pick her out amongst the throng of equines.  Things only got worse when fire was introduced to the picture.  It only took moments for the already warm shapes of equines to be lost in the wavy heat of the fire.  Soon the picture before her was nothing but an indistinguishable wall of heat painted in every shade of yellow and orange and red and white. 

The flaxen found herself utterly overwhelmed.  She wanted nothing more than to help, but without her eyesight, she couldn’t locate a safe path to the tiger through the flames.  Moreso, she worried about using her sword in such conditions for fear of  injuring someone else and exposing them to the blade’s toxins. That’s the very last thing she wanted.   She paced, her discomfort evident, looking for any break in the heat and flames. Najya thought she saw a break in the flames and thought she caught a glimpse of a feline shape amongst the vivid colors, but before she could launch herself through the opening a shape that was defnintely familiar materialized from the fire. 

Lucius.  His shape was unmistakable, as was his behavior.  The zephyr was warding her away from what she had presumed was an opening.  He flew in short passes in an out of her field of vision, but close enough that she could feel the gentle breeze across her cheeks.  She backed, quickly, dipping her head in thanks to Mesec’s bonded. “Thank you, Lucius,” she added, aloud, for he deserved to hear her thanks.  

It was then that she caught sight of the young filly she had seen in the last two battles – clearly recognizable by her shape and her temperature - fighting from the outskirts from the battle with the enchanted bow given to her mother by the Sun god at the same time she had been gifted with one of the crocodile beast’s scales.  Perhaps if she couldn’t fight the tiger directly due to her clouded vision, she could at least do something to ensure no harm came to the filly.  Another came to the girl’s aid as Najya made her way over to the pair, wielding her sword from the wolf-god battle.  “You keep firing that bow, little one!” Najya nods to the grey Evaneska who has also taken up sentry duty. “We’ll do our best to keep you safe.” She keeps the child in the field of her compromised vision, but continues to scan the wall of heat – ready to jump in if a threat should materialize from the battle before them.             

TEAM EARTH
Can't see a damn thing because her GLL has turned her vision to thermal vision and there's fire everywhere so she's functionally blind. Tries to run into the fray but stopped by Lucius (permission to PP from Sarah). Sees @Erthë and @Evaneska and decides since she can't safely fight, she'll try to protect them instead.

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Morenth - 10-19-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Evaneska - 10-20-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Nuray - 10-20-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Beest - 10-21-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Najya - 10-21-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Dovahkiin - 10-22-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Kipling - 10-22-2015, 02:26 PM