the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I)

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull

The crossing had been brief but difficult, and between trying to keep his head above water and gasping for air around the coughs, Gull was thoroughly spent. His head ached more than ever now, and he moaned from where had had washed up on the beach. Worse, he had lost sight of his enemy. The dark unicorn had slipped away again, and given the limited oxygen in his lungs and the pounding in his skull, Gull had to wonder if he had not hallucinated the whole thing. Was this beast only a shadow sent to torment him?

The tide rolled in and crashed against his prone buttocks, then retreated just as quickly, dragging his two-tone tail out to sea. From somewhere beyond the dune where the downed pegasus lay, he could feel the thrum and vibration of many hooves, and the roar of voices in the distance was just loud enough to compete with the echo of his pulse in his ears. A battle, he presumed, just like the one he had come from. It wouldn’t be long now before some horned scout would wander this way and pick him off, Gull realized grimly, and he set his teeth and flattened his ears in resignation. He did not have the strength to drag himself into the fray, but he would be ready when they came. How, he wondered for what must have been the thousandth time, how had everyone been so blind to the danger that had lurked in their midst all along?

OOC: Questing, part IV!

trouble just grew wings
Image Credit

TEAM LIE ABOUT AND FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF

Summary: Gull washes up on the beach, and too spent from swimming and the from the effects of his quest, he just lies there. He's lost sight of Ode, but he's also out of the way of the main battle (they're over the next dune).
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Morenth - 10-19-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Evaneska - 10-20-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Nuray - 10-20-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Beest - 10-21-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Gull - 10-22-2015, 10:28 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Dovahkiin - 10-22-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Kipling - 10-22-2015, 02:26 PM