the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I)

Kipling Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Somebody has to go polish the stars
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread, right? Well, let's add one more soul to the legion of fools assembled here for the benefit of the God of the Earth. Kipling did not swim across the damn ocean to miss out on the Drama. He simply cannot miss out on this grand old time everyone is having battling some heathen god in a tar pit. Who wouldn't want to be there?!

Well, who knows what else he was doing on the Islands that Appeared Out of the Endless Ocean Void, because he has managed to be late to the party. His Labyrinth Lung-addled senses have not helped matters. Everything was a mess of hues of blue and red - some stationery, most moving erratically. Wildly heightened sounds might have helped in silence, but in the massive cacophony of this team battle, everything cancels out into a dull meaningless roar. So, to take stock of Kipling's peculiar situation: can't see for shit, can't hear for shit. Yes, little unicorn, I'm sure you'll make wonderful contributions to this particular fight. Without sight or sound to guide him, it took a good deal of fumbling around across the island to track down the war zone, but he showed up eventually. Sign him in to class with a "T" for Tardy.

It would have been a chaotic scene even with all the sensory acuity in the world. Without it, Kipling might as well have eaten his body weight in hallucinogens before showing up, for all he could comprehend. The burst of sound and shouted voices was quite literally deafening, like standing directly beneath the biggest waterfall in the world. Everything revolved around one central point; the tiger god serving as the red hot fulcrum around which everything else aligned itself. The ground trembled intermittently; flashes of heat and ice blinked strobe-like through his infrared vision. Piles of tar leaked and bled hotly across the blue earth.

No point standing around watching it all. Although Kipling could have done exactly that all day, he felt compelled to some greater purpose this particular day. His intuition was strong, especially in the absence of his other senses. Instinctively, he charged into the fray, attacking with speed - the only weapon he had any great skill in. He thundered his way across the battlefield, partially blind and totally deaf, doing his best to avoid the yellow and red figures that dotted his line of vision and swam across the ground beneath him. Angling his course to aim for that feline axis of evil, he bolted towards it, slowing down only enough to offer a swift double-barreled kick towards (what he could not see, but what actually was) the shoulder area. Then he tucked tail and attempted to gallop on out of range, where he could watch and rejoin as he was so moved. Another witless mortal cog in this supernatural machine of gods and monsters.

TEAM EARTH GOD
SUMMARY - Charges & tries to double barrel kick the Tiger's shoulder & bolt away.
@Random Event GLL - no magic or touch (would greatly appreciate anyone who can hit him with some dark magic!)
Kipling

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Morenth - 10-19-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Evaneska - 10-20-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Nuray - 10-20-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Beest - 10-21-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Dovahkiin - 10-22-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - by Kipling - 10-22-2015, 02:26 PM