the Rift

[OPEN] paint the sky with stars

Galiel Posts: 22
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 1
Giaerie

Well hello, little one. The words reverberate around the cavernous room and my ears swivel to catch the string of notes that accompanied them in the air. Slowly, I let my eyes fall upon the blue mare that stood just slightly to my side. Behind the mare a long tail seemed to swish from side to side much like that of a satiated cat. I catch myself staring at it as I had never seen anyone with a tail that appeared as thus, but when the mare spoke again and then laughed afterwards I found myself caught off-guard. Did she not care about the fact that I had followed her here? Or did she not understand what could have happened if I were to have been someone else, someone who could harm her.

Luckily for her though I definitely was not someone who was out to harm anybody – not like I could with my current state of mind. Awkwardly I quietly laugh with her while she laughs, but I stopped before she did. It seemed awkward trying to act happy with what happened only several weeks ago. Somber blue eyes looked back towards the ceiling of the cave as I tried to forget. Tried to forget what had happened. Tried to forget just everything bad that happened in my life.

But that was impossible.

They call this the Glowing Room. My eyes shift towards her when she speaks the name of this place. Certainly it wasn’t quite an imaginative name but it fit the place regardless. An ear tilts in the mare’s direction when she asks me if it’s beautiful and a short lived faint smile grew upon my lips. Yes, this place was indeed beautiful, but for some reason I found myself unable to answer. Maybe it was because I was afraid that if I spoke I would break out crying. Maybe it was because this place was just that beautiful. Maybe it was just because I didn’t know what to say in front of this mare. Only the great mother would know I guess. So I just merely nod my head in agreeance and keep listening.

The mare went on to saying how this place was one of nature’s hidden treasures and then, after some time, I could feel her looking at me. Tearing my gaze away from the scenery surrounding the two of us, I looked towards her only to see her reaching to me with her muzzle extended in a friendly manner. At first my head gathered closer to my body out of the suddenness, but then I started to extend my own muzzle to accept her offer. That is, until she looked down and broke out asking if my scratch hurt and saying that she could patch it up and what not.

“Uh,” I mutter as I seemed to be caught off-guard. Honestly the thing was just a scratch it would heal on its own in time, but it did hurt a little I guess so why not.

“Sure,” my voice rings out in the silence as I extend my leg outwards to make it easier for her to do whatever she was going to do. Before she starts anything though she decides to introduce herself. Tiamat and she was some sort of healer. Guess it was time for me to do the same.

“Galiel,” I start off with just my name as I began to grow curious. Mother was a healer and Tiamat said she was a healer too. Was there a difference between the two? “Vat does a healer do here? You von’t use majick vill you?”

For a moment, I remembered how the spotted stallion wanted to heal Areli of her sickness and a shudder coursed through my body forcing me to reposition my wings. Mother and father had always said that magic never existed and yet when I came to this land it seemed as though it did, but the only magic I had experienced seemed like it was bad magic. Painful magic. Dark magic. Maybe there were other types of magic out there, but as of yet I had seen or heard of none. Thus my reluctance towards magic. Hopefully Tiamat wasn’t going to use magic, but I only just knew her. She could be some extremist serial mass murderer out to kill little winged fillies who were lost like myself for all I knew. Hopefully she wasn’t. At least, she didn’t seem like that type of person, but anybody could hide behind a mask.

"speech"

@Tiamat

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Messages In This Thread
paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 10-20-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Galiel - 10-22-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 10-25-2015, 02:32 AM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Galiel - 10-26-2015, 09:41 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 11-01-2015, 03:55 AM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Zèklè - 11-03-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Galiel - 11-07-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 11-16-2015, 06:04 PM