Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
z
è
k
l
è
He had the good manners to look slightly abashed, though not particularly so- it was Squishy who'd been eavesdropping, after all. "Well Squishy heard ya talkin' 'bout magic, an' since he's prac-ti-cal-ly made of magic, he thought he oughta tell you 'bout it." If he had heard her singing he did not say so, and the innocent sparkling of sunbeam eyes easily compensated for any guilt upon his face. Zèklè's smile was an infectious thing, his happiness not to be bogged down by his own harmless mistakes.

His eyes widened at the blue mare's curtsy, and the boy grinned again, plunging himself into an elaborate bow, striving not to trip over his hooves as he did it. Tiamat, huh? Curiously the boy inspected the seashells and ocean debris that adorned the mare's mane and tail, wonder brightening his dark face. Did she spend a lot of time by the ocean? Had she ever met a whale? She was even more blue than his Ma, blue like the markings on his back and wings, and the boy ruffled his tail feathers unconsciously, his gaze returning to her face.  "D'you like the ocean?" he asked her boldly, his own fascination for the deep spilling into his boyish voice.  "I met a whale at the ocean once. Have you ever met a whale?"

That last bit may have been boasting. Just a little.

Then the question came, and his joy faltered.

"Nuthin' happened to it!" the boy replied (too) loudly, his mouth a tight line of defense. He was powerfully aware of the metal that covered his barren side, and just how much it itched. He yearned to pick at it, to pull it off, but held himself still, silver eyes questioning the creamy girl, daring her to mock him. "I jus' never got one, that's all."

Then his expression brightened, the dark cloud of unhappiness lifting as quickly as it appeared.  "But one day soon I'mma ask the gods if they can give me a new one, an' then I'll be able to fly jus' like you!" This was spoken with a painful certainty, a childish faith that he needed, held onto with overwhelming ferocity, because if the Gods couldn't help him then who could? Cheerfulness back in his youthful face, he turned back to Tiamat's voice, a playful grin splitting his lips.  "Nah, but it itches, an' I can peel it off an' stick it to Squishy- see!"

And he did a demonstration for the ladies, whether they wanted or not, relieving his itch and showing off his skill at the same time as he pulled away flecks of titanium and magically adhered them to his eternally patient golem, whose expression, if he had one, would have read along the lines of oh, brother.

Image Credit

@Galiel

Messages In This Thread
paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 10-20-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Galiel - 10-22-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 10-25-2015, 02:32 AM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Galiel - 10-26-2015, 09:41 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 11-01-2015, 03:55 AM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Zèklè - 11-03-2015, 11:52 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Galiel - 11-07-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Tiamat - 11-16-2015, 06:04 PM
RE: paint the sky with stars - by Zèklè - 11-21-2015, 02:56 PM