the Rift

[OPEN] this must be the place [welcoming]

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"It can turn the whole world upside down, shake it 'til the sky falls to the ground. 
We don't have to reap the fear they sow, friends, as long as we hide our love away, 
In the good they'll never know."

“Smart man,” Iona offers, with a wry smile, though it certainly wouldn’t take any great powers of deduction when you saw the two sisters together.  Same height, approximately the same build – though Iona kept her frame more streamlined due to hours spent in the skies, same eyes, the only difference was in the patterns of their coats.  And just about everything in terms of personality.  Where Alysanne was compassionate; Iona was brash.  Alysanne was water; Iona was fire.  Alysanne was earth; Iona was sky.  Two halves to one whole. It made sense, all things considered.

“Aly’s my twin,” she answered, meeting the great stallion’s gaze directly. “Though she’s lived here for years.  I’ve only recently joined her here.  Retired from fighting and, well, here I am. The whole good versus evil thing was getting old.” she replied, with a dry laugh.  Her gaze again flicked between the two stallions – the silver and the mammoth.  It was obvious to most that looked at Iona she had done some sort of fighting in the past, but Iona had decided to pursue a new life when she came to join her sister here in Helovia.  Fighting for the resistance had taken its toll on the painted mare, though she’d take up arms in a heartbeat to defend her family (and her herd) if called upon.  She just didn’t want to make a life of it this time around.

This was her second chance, after all.

Her attention quickly flicked back to Lithium.  She watches the interaction between the two stallions with a guarded sense of interest before finally seizing the opportunity to jump in.  She could feel something brewing, and if Iona was anything – she was a control freak. “There are times when the cliffs are shrouded in a wicked mist, so its always good to know the boundaries and the landmarks on a clear day like today,” she says as she falls in step beside Tembovu, lengthening her own stride to match his own.

She’s interested to hear Lithium’s answer to Tembovu’s question, so she again lets herself fall quiet as she walks – her ears flicking towards the silver to pick up his answer.

As she picks out the Edge of the cliff growing on the horizon, she speaks again – this time her voice lighter, teasing. “Okay, no pushing, boys.  I’m not going over after you,” she says, with another small smile and a flicker in her bright green eyes, though they linger on the newcomer so as not to miss his reaction to the sea cliffs.

I O N A

image credits

@Lithium

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Messages In This Thread
this must be the place [welcoming] - by Iona - 10-20-2015, 09:42 PM
RE: this must be the place [welcoming] - by Lithium - 10-27-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: this must be the place [welcoming] - by Iona - 11-03-2015, 12:16 AM
RE: this must be the place [welcoming] - by Lithium - 11-05-2015, 09:59 PM
RE: this must be the place [welcoming] - by Iona - 11-10-2015, 12:10 AM
RE: this must be the place [welcoming] - by Lithium - 11-12-2015, 09:44 PM