the Rift

[OPEN] welcome to the new age (birth)

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline
you always want what you're running from

There was no mistaking the sounds that came along with labor that echoed through the forest in the dead of night. It drew Evangeline in, beckoned to her, called her like a siren and she was helpless to resist it. Her duty to her herd was to keep them all healthy and it was one that she took seriously, even in the middle of the night when she'd rather be fast asleep dreaming of nothing. 'She's up ahead.' Tallis said as he flew back to the orange mare. 'Not far.'

By the time Evangeline arrived there were already two foals on the ground and the mare was with them, seemingly drifting somewhere between conscious and unconscious. The Moon Doctors spared only a glance at the two foals to make sure they were breathing, but then her concentration went to their mother. Her emerald eyes drifted to the spreading pool of blood from beneath her tail and she knew that it was a good thing she'd followed the sounds through the forest.

"Stay awake." She said sternly and she lowered her head to nudge the other mare's cheek. "I'm going to heal you, after that you need to stand and feed your children." Whether or not the mare had birthed other children before and knew what she had to do didn't matter to Evangeline. She knew how very real exhaustion was after birthing twins, having done so herself several times. She knew how strong and irresistible the pull of sleep could be and how very deadly it could be for foals.

Evangeline concentrated and a dark wind began to swirl around Nyx as she sought out all of the wounds that Nyx had incurred during her labor. Tears began to stitch back together and her bleeding gradually began to slow. Sweat broke out across Eva's neck and shoulders as she continued to focus the healing magic that she'd been granted. While she continued to work on Nyx, Tallis landed on the ground in front of her and began to tap his clawed finger against her nose in his attempt to keep her from falling asleep.

"."

ooc://
let me know if you want me to edit Tallis and i will c:

and you know this is more than you can take
full image/stock credits

@Nyx

Messages In This Thread
welcome to the new age (birth) - by Nyx - 10-21-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: welcome to the new age (birth) - by Evangeline - 10-24-2015, 11:21 AM
RE: welcome to the new age (birth) - by d'Arcy - 10-26-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: welcome to the new age (birth) - by Libertad - 10-26-2015, 05:46 PM
RE: welcome to the new age (birth) - by Tembovu - 10-26-2015, 08:08 PM