the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fish Out of Water [Crafting]

Anzanie Posts: 86
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 :: Ages in Orangemoon
Danjah
Anzanie
||    ||

The splashed wandered her large homeland with a small goal - to figure out how she could craft. She had only been at this job a small while now, and still with no experience of actual crafting. She winced as she remembered the rub marks from the glass cart that she had pulled in order to assist Tembovu with cleaning up the glass wall, but she had not as yet used her powers for the crafting skill, and this made her feel unachieved. The naive creature had felt so excited and enthused by such a responsbility, but now wondering how she could incorporate it into her own life she didn't know. She simply was too inexperienced. The Glazier brute had helped somewhat by showing the ropes slightly, but without any goal to aim for in terms of an item she could create, she was lost.

Anzanie mumbled with small and incoherent wording, waiting for something to happen. She put down the little pieces of glass she had acquired from the glass wall; there had been so many shards of it lying about that she knew she had to amend her quiet suffering by at least attempting something with it. She thought back to when Elsa had given her the choice to become a craftsman, and the little princess now wondered whether she had done well by herself by choosing that occupation. She then halted next to her glass, keeping an eye on it in anticipation of someone to come along and give her some sort of motivation to do this.

Practice is what makes us perfect, she had learnt. And now Anzanie was going to practice, with her daggers digging deeply into the gradually softening dirt and waiting for someone to creep by...

[OOC: This is very crap I'm sorry! Basically though, Anzanie has set herself up for Nyx to bump into her and request what she would like crafted - free of charge.]

Image Credit

[Using up one small item to make a pair of glass fangs for Nyx.]

@Nyx
[Image: K9UH30N5.gif]
Please tag Anzanie in all posts! ♥

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow
@Anzanie

The sight of a painted mare amongst the shattered wreckage of the wall is certainly of interest to the silver. Of all the places in the gorgeous Edge to stand, why there? She immediately moves to slip closer to the other female, her hooves crunching on shattered glass and drawing a wince with each step. Not because it hurts, but because it reminds her of the glory that once stood here, the glory that lies in ruins beneath her feet. The destruction of the wall proved that nothing is permanent, everything can be destroyed. The wall was the single most powerful thing Nyx had ever beheld, and still it had been crushed. What use were warriors and armies when everything can be turned to dust in the blink of an eye?

But, she reasons, that's why they fight. To prove that the inevitable isn't inevitable. Deep stuff. She clears her head and strides closer, her white lion close at her heels. His tail twines around his powerful hindquarters, his pose low and predatory as he slinks alongside her with a cat's haughty posture, treading amongst the shattered glass with a delicacy that belies his dangerous self. "Hello," greets the silver soldier, a warm smile flickering into existence on her steel facade. This mare is younger than herself, and slightly smaller. The fact she looks so intrigued by the glass makes Nyx think that she is perhaps a Glazier, like Tembovu. After all, the World's Edge crafters work best with glass.

Idly she finds herself pondering the sort of fortifications and weapons that could be built with glass. Walls, obviously. Knives, perhaps, or armour. But Nyx has always coveted a set of glass fangs as sharp as Dominus', to lend more force to her bite. She knows how razorlike the edges of glass can be. To be able to use that in battle...Ah, the possibilities! "You look awfully interested in that glass." Dominus hisses, remembering the bite of the glass in the pad of his paw, the acute pain that ached and smarted.

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
|| ||
Through her own disarray as she gazed at the glass on the ground, Anzanie could feel the prescence of another creature circulating the terraria. She turned her beautiful cranium around, careful not to move the rest of her bodice should she lose the tiny pieces of glass that lay before her daggers. In this long grass and foliage it was easy to lose something, almost as easy as it was to lose oneself in the mass of high trees that littered the World's Edge. The splashed then took note of the creature that came before her. Her pelt was of a silvery ivory with blackened tassels and incredibly bright azure pools. She bore a horn of ebony which twisted its way up to the heavens. In the light of the dying day it almost created an eerie glow to her pretty little bodice. Anzanie was too wrapped up in her own issues to even glance at the facial expression written over this stranger's skull and instead turned her own splashed skull back to the glass to ponder once more. 

And then the stranger piped up with a greeting and Anzanie felt her regal manners obliging her to look back once more. Now she noticed that next to the silvery fae stood the small predator, a lion. A lion? With wide pools of fright she took one step back and considered this to be an ambush. But even as the beast came closer it did not seem to do anything, and for an instant the little princess thought that she may be safe. She saw that the smile across the stranger's velveteens was indeed warm and friendly, and so she began to relax (slightly) and reciprocated the greeting,
"Good evening..." Her own voice felt strained with the dissatisfaction that was within her. And the newcomer spoke once more:

You look awfully interested in that glass.

With a sigh, Anzanie took one last glance at the small lion and then began to let her emotions pour out to the stranger whom she had never once even seen, "I've been a craftsman since I joined which was only a few weeks ago, but I haven't even crafted anything!" Her pale pools sunk to the floor where the glass lay next to her, shimmering in the faint light that managed to make its way through the trees, "I got these pieces when I was helping Tembovu clean up the wall but I'm not sure what to do with them..." With a small suggestive tone she was ultimately asking this creature, whom Anzanie had not even asked the name of, to help her. But would she agree to it?
Image Credit

@Nyx

@Anzanie

At the sight of the painted mare's fear, the bonded pair's reactions are markedly different. Whilst pleasure sizzles through Dominus at his ability to terrify, and he puffs himself up proudly, Nyx is horrified that her lion may have caused such a reaction. She knows predator-fear. It's only natural, after all. "He won't hurt you. Promise." The white beast's hungry growl somewhat contradicts Nyx's point, and the ironheart uses her nose to nudge him firmly behind her and away from the younger mare. Bad kitty. The lion gives an enraged yowl. "Kitty?!" With his tail arched over his back, he stalks haughtily away, his mental bond with her glowing with his wounded pride. The silver smirks. He wouldn't have left if she had asked, but she knows the best way to send him strutting away is through an insult. He'll come back soon enough.

Meanwhile Nyx's attention returns to the other mare. She reveals that she is a crafter, as predicted, and the silver soldier's ears perk forwards, curious. She mentions Tembovu, the Glazier, and Nyx nods, feeling rather hot under the collar at the thought of the big, sexy beastie. "Hmm. Maybe you just need something specific to craft? I'm sure any number of Edge members could ask you to make them a pretty flower or a trinket." She shrivels her nose in derision. Ha! To use magic-given crafting abilities to make shiny things that serve no purpose? It seems so...futile.

She is a practical mare, after all. Functional, nothing spare. "Or," she says, flickering her frozen gaze across the other mare. "I have an idea for something slightly more useful, if you're up to the challenge." This could be her chance to get that battle-enhancing item that she so craves, plus it will do the crafter a favour in giving her practice.

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
|| ||
The difference in reactions to the splashed's high pitched fright-squawk was highly contradictory, yet Anzanie could not think of such things at this point. The fae had a predator in her midst, and she was not one to lightly forget such a thing. But the stranger spoke words of comfort to the little princess and she did not feel much comfort at all. It helped that the dame in front of her could perhaps control the creature, particularly if it was a bonded, but nonetheless it still sent shivers down her dainty spine as the lion let out a faint growl. Why me? she think in a worried flurry of fright. Then surprisingly the creature begins to walk away, and Anzanie tilted her cranium in a bemused style. What was it doing? Was it leaving? Anzanie spotted the stranger's smirk, and instinctively the splashed wondered what was happening.

Then the silver fae speaks:

Maybe you just need something specific to craft? I'm sure any number of Edge members could ask you to make them a pretty flower or a trinket.

And whilst not forgetting the lion that was still turning its way away from the pair, the small splashed's pools light up with a faint glimmer of hope. She was being given an idea to play with, and this was what she wanted. It was time to prove her worth as a Glazier. And the practicality of the newcomer becomes even more fervent as she suggests her own idea to the task. Anzanie nodded eagerly, awaiting the idea that was to begin her rocky road to becoming a useful creature to the Edge,
"I would love to hear your idea! The more useful the better, and with a slight panic the exotic princess remembers her manners, "Forgive me, I am Anzanie."
Image Credit

@Nyx - sorry it's so short and crap :c

@Anzanie

With a final superior hiss, Dominus retreats fully into the undergrowth. Nyx watches him go, supressing a chuckle of amusement at his wounded pride, before looking back to Anzanie. She gives her name, as well as offering to hear the silver's idea. "My name is Nyx. The lion was Dominus." Hopefully by revealing the beast has a name, it will make him less frightening to the steel soldier's herdmate.

She pauses for a moment to contemplate how to word her idea. "I am a warrior of the herd, and what I have in mind is an offensive weapon of sorts, to aid in fights." She hesitates, to give the crafter a chance to quickly decline if she doesn't like the notion of making weapons. Nyx does hope this isn't the case - what use is a crafter if they won't create items to arm their soldiers? Defensive fortifications are all well and good, but you can't beat someone over the head with a ground-bound glass spike. "Sometimes in battles I think I could use some extra...bite. I watch Dominus and see how easily he causes massive damage with his teeth, and I find myself wondering if a pair of glass fangs could be created, to be worn in battle." She pictures them perfectly sized to fit her teeth, the teeth that would be canines if she was a lion or a dog; she imagines nipping a foe and drawing blood instead of a bruise. "There would be two fangs, one for each side of my mouth, on the top set of teeth. 'Dentures', if you will, fitted so they are snug, but also able to be removed outside battle." Because grazing with fangs would be a bitch.

She realises her eyes have clouded over dreamily, and quickly shakes her head to clear it. "What do you think?" She looks hopefully, curiously, at the Glazier.

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
|| ||
Anzanie retained a wary eye on the lion that remained to walk away from the pair. Even for a naive creature, the splashed fae knew that a predator would attack regardless of whether they were a bonded with a friend or foe. And for this her heart pounded almost out of her chest, feeling the fright inside of her ready to cause her to flee from the terraria. Anzanie's attention shifted to Nyx once the lion bonded was a bit too far away for even her own imagination to imagine him backtracking, and the exotic princess listened intently as the silver fae gave her name. Nyx. And she gave the name of the scary creature that she was attached to: Dominus. How fitting, Anzanie thought with a frightened disgust. She, however, remained silent to his name and nodded in greeting to Nyx,
"It's a pleasure, Nyx."

And then the attention turned back around to the reason they were stood here: the glass. The Glazier listened to what Nyx had in store to say. In the silence between the parts of her speech, Anzanie angled her words to butt and in and allow Nyx to continue: "What sort of aid? This is interesting." And so her herdmate continued...

Sometimes in battle I think I could use some extra... bite.

The emphasis on the word bite gave the small fae a short laugh. She continued to listen, as she was still unaware of what exactly the silver creature had in mind. And then when the focus turned back onto the wretched lion, it clicked: teeth. The silver fae wanted the splashed to create glass teeth.

Once Nyx had finished with her description and explanation of the advantages to being crafted such a piece of work, the high pitched voice of Anzanie rang out in a positive reply, "I would love to create something so useful for you. You are a warrior to the lands I am creating for, and so I will create the fangs for you, Nyx." she let a warm smile spread across her velveteens and invited the unicorn warmly into friendship status with a warm gaze in her pale pools. It was the chance she was waiting for, and to create something that was useful for somebody. With a quick step in her pillars and an eager taste for this, Anzanie set about thinking of how to create these. Her mind cast back to Tembovu, who simply seemed to use the power of his mind to create them, having been bestowed the magic when he had been appointed. And so Anzanie spoke once more in a directing manner, "This is my first creation, so you must understand that I am new to this and this may take a while," the splashed gave an apologetic tone to the words, hoping that her herdmate would understand, "So you want two small but powerful glass fangs. You shall receive glass fangs..."

With the concentration on the small shards at her daggers, the splashed princess gazed with fierce intent at them. What was she to do now? She imagined in her mind the creation that would come to be a reality. With that image firmly in her mind, Anzanie set about to think hard and fast about it. Closing her pools, she felt a cold feeling rush through her, almost as if water was splashing within her, and then the feeling almost seemed to trickle out of her. Squinting her orbs open, they were then opened up with shock as where the shards used to sit were now fang-like glass pieces, still glowing and shining as if they were wet. What had happened? Had she done it?!
Image Credit

@Nyx

To the silver's considerable pleasure, the Glazier agrees to try and create what she's asking. If this works - and aids Nyx during future battles - then she may suggest having such a weapon made for all of the herd's warriors. Hopefully this creation will be small and relatively easy to make, but able to be used in battle to great effect. Anzanie reiterates that this will be her first creation, and the ironheart nods. She understands nerves and perhaps a lack of self-confidence in her abilities, but she's sure Anzanie will succeed in her task.

She watches with great interest as the other mare begins to work the glass. It is interesting to watch, and Nyx half-wishes she had such an ability, so she could create whatever she wanted. Then, as the magic fades, there's a pair of glass fangs sat innocently on the ground, glistening like something far less violent than mouth-knives. Slowly, tentatively, Nyx lowers her head and uses her lips to arrange the fangs over her upper teeth; they fit snugly, perfectly. They are secure and firm against her upper teeth, tight enough to not be dislodged in battle but not so tight that they can't be removed at all. The silver peels her lips to expose the glimmering glass fangs, which give her the canines of a lion; she turns her neck and runs the tip of one across her side. Although she put very little force into it, she feels the razor-sharp tip of the fang draw blood. They are perfectly, beautifully lethal, ideal for battle.

It looks like she's got the bite she desired.

She places the fangs back onto the ground, using her tongue to dislodge them, with some effort - especially as she's careful not to nick the inside of her mouth with them. "They are perfect, Anzanie. Thank you very much." She flashes the younger mare a warm smile, which looks strange upon such steely features. "No doubt the other warriors of the herd would be able to use your talent, as well. Your creations could really help us in battle." Already the storm queen's mind is going over tactics and ways to use her new tool.

@Anzanie

Outcast
Danjah
Anzanie
|| ||
Whilst creating the little items Nyx had requested, Anzanie could feel her pools burning her intently as she watched her in her creative moment. It had made it difficult for her to feel at ease with what she was doing, but nonetheless managed to complete the tas with seemingly no issues. What gave Anzanie the most satisfaction was seeing the litle fangs that lay before her daggers exactly as she had pictured within her mind, and the magic that she been bestowed sealed the deal with a little kiss. It was wonderful for the splashed to see that she was useful to her herd, now that she was an outcast princess. The warmth within her gut spread onto her velveteens and she turned her cranium back to the Edge's Captain in order to flash a beautifully satisfied smile in her direction,
"I hope these suffice for you."

With her body still shaking from the effort of doing just the one task, she could not tell whether this was the adrenaline pulsing through her muscles or the feeling of faintness. It was exhilerating to have created something from the small glass shards Tembovu had gifted her.

She watched intently as Nyx drew herself up close to her to inspect the fangs, her neck lowered to allow her silver cranium touch the fangs.

And then she placed them back on the ground after fiddling about and feeling them to speak to Anzanie. The words that she received felt like little wings being given to her, which for a grounded horned, felt to her like the highest sort of praise.

"No doubt the other warriors of the herd would be able to use your talent, as well. Your creations could really help us in battle."

These words Anzanie reciprocated with a flattered tone that barely hid the enthuasiasm she had for her new position,
"To hear such words makes me ever so happy, and blessed to make them for you. I'm so glad they're to your liking!" And her pools turned to pierce the silver's own, "If any Edge member wishes to seek my magic then you need only point them in my direction, and I will be more than willing to supply you and your soldiers with the weapons they need to defend our lands." They were along the lines of the words her father had used to say to the generals within their own army, and even the splashed felt aghast in reminding herself unconsciously of that by even uttering similar words. Perhaps becoming a Glazier was helping her inner-self to realise her duties, finally. Was she now more mature than she had ever been?
Image Credit

@Nyx

The girl's enthusiasm about her new talent is infectious, and the silver finds herself smiling despite herself. She examines the creation again, noticing that whilst the glass seems solid enough, she will have to take care not to bite too hard with it, for fear it could shatter and rip her mouth to pieces. "I'll most certainly recommend it. You could more than likely make equipment for several other ranks, too. Vials for the healers to store their potions in, amulets for the Seers to beckon the Gods..." If that's what Seers do - Nyx isn't entirely up to date on what that particular rank does. Healers heal, warriors fight, crafters craft, yet those focused on the Gods...she doesn't quite comprehend their purpose. They have one, no doubt, she just doesn't know what it is.

She thinks over other possible weapons, too. Armour might not be ideal, given the brittle nature of the material they're working with, but glass knives and arrows that shatter on impact and send barbs into tender enemy flesh? Grenades, filled with poisoned shards, to be dropped from above by flying companions or pegasi? The possibilities are truly endless, and the silver finds herself going quite misty-eyed at them. But she jerks herself back into reality with a sharp flick of her head. "Well, I should return to my duties. Thank you again for your gift, Anzanie. Keep practicing - you might discover even more uses for your magic."

The grey mare dips her head to the splashed one, then arches her neck to scoop up her fangs. She will get Dominus to tuck them in her mane for her, where they can be easily accessed when battle comes, but for now she carries them in her mouth. She fastens them to her teeth so she gets used to the sensation of them, the added weight, the added power...Still glowing with possibilities, Nyx leaves Anzanie to her glassworks, nursing her particular fruit of the Glazier's labour.

@Anzanie