the Rift

[PRIVATE] making mountains

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova

Ah, the over enthusiasm and innocence of the young. So full of life and vigor, and a delightful naivety that could incite the most stubborn of souls to lift. 'No' wasn't a 'no' to a foal, it was just a 'yes' that needed a little convincing. To most,  no wasn't even part of their world. Neph could take herself back to fond memories of her own youth, if she so inclined to let her mind wander in this moment. Back to leggy and clumsy footings and shamelessly badgering the grown ups to partake in her 'quests'.

Watching the young colt proclaim that it was indeed a dangerous quest, and only the best warriors could find what he was looking for, Nephele nodded sincerely and regarded him with a look of awe (as any good person would gazing upon a mighty warrior). "You must be a very mighty warrior then to even know of this treasure." She responded, catching herself in the back of her mind, how the colts positivity and energy had saturated the area and herself, usually she might've scoffed and begrudgingly engaged a youngling for the sake of peace — however in this instance she found herself wholly amused and endeared to the boy. A small adventure with the young warrior-colt with genuine enthusiasm wouldn't hurt, would it?

Noticing his apparent staring, the statuesque mare let a velvet smile appear on her dark muzzle, ah, no doubt her eyes had drawn his attention perhaps? She hadn't much in the way of uniqueness in terms of strange patterns that shimmered and danced on her skin — only her eyes were her real stand out, perhaps her ombre hair and warpaint could also be something of note.
At his question, she finally got herself to her feet. "I am." Front legs extending in a fluid momentum to draw her large frame back to all fours while her wings spread like all encompassing sails, feathers fluttering in the breeze for the fleetest of moments before nestling back against her sides — a final head shake fixing the mess of waves off of her face to send them back cascading down her thick neck. The Warrioress dwarfed her new companion as she turned to follow him, making sure to keep her pace steady and slow so it was her following him, and not the other way around. After all, he was the leader of this expedition and had more of an idea of what 'treasure' they were finding.

"Alright, this way it is." Sure to keep her eye on the yearling in case he suddenly took off sprinting towards their target, she listened with ears perked forward to his words. "Zèklè," repeating his name to make sure she was saying it correctly, "my name is Nephele, but you can call me Neph if you like." Her name wasn't the most easy to pronounce for some, she imagined it might also be why young Zèklè was called Zero by many.

Zèklè's question about her eyes prompted her to let out a small laugh, before a sly smile took it's place firmly on her chiseled features. "I got them from my mother and father, my father had gold eyes and my mother had blue. I got one of each." Letting her words settle to set the tone for her next words.  "You know, those of us who have one blue eye can see the land of the living and the dead. I can see ghosts and all the other things that lurk in the shadows that want to creep up on you." An old superstitious tale, but a fun one that Zero would like to hear no doubt, she had only heard it herself when she'd travelled far from Helovia.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Notes;; summaries & comments go here

"talking talking talking"

ashes call my name

Image Credits

@Zèklè

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Messages In This Thread
making mountains - by Nephele - 10-22-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: making mountains - by Zèklè - 10-27-2015, 08:35 PM
RE: making mountains - by Nephele - 10-28-2015, 07:12 PM
RE: making mountains - by Zèklè - 11-02-2015, 11:58 PM
RE: making mountains - by Nephele - 11-05-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: making mountains - by Zèklè - 11-14-2015, 02:42 AM