the Rift

[OPEN] Family Isn't Always Related By Blood [Welcoming]

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

After saying his goodbyes to Tembovu and passing along that he hoped that the headache stayed away he turned to Agnodice motioning back the way he had come. Thankfully the boundaries of the Falls bordered that of the threshold making it much quicker to return home than it was to travel all the way back to the Edge. His time living there hadn't been horrible but the place seemed to hate him making trees jump out of nowhere and smack him in the face. It was very sightly but the low hanging branches was definitely something that ruined the deal for him personally. Picking his feet up to clear over various fallen trees and broken limbs he led the way through the maze of trails which made up the bulk of the threshold. There had been a time when he would have sworn that he would never be able to understand what trail led to which area but overtime he had even impressed himself, not that Kiara led him half the time or anything. Pausing a couple times to ensure that the mare was able to keep up with his monstrous stride they eventually reached the clearing to the Falls with time to spare before darkness fell.

Slowing to match his stride to keep up with Agnodice he motioned up ahead as they walked. "We are almost there, it's just up over that hill." he joked playfully knowing that most got to this point and just wanted to be done already. "As you are looking to improve your already talented healing skills the mare I will introduce you to is named Resplendence. She is our lead healer and I believe they are going to have a meeting sometime soon." He said trying to think back to the meeting when the date had been announced. With all the excitement and announcements he had to admit that he had been a little distracted by his appointment as champion alongside Ktulu. The rest of the time was a bit of a blur as his mind had tried to keep up with the talking while trying to process that he was a champion. Continuing to walk forward as he spoke he only stopped when the glamourous view of one of the main waterfalls came into view. Around it small clumps of trees grew to form their own forested cover while the green meadows stretched out to either side. With the fading light casting its sights over the falls the mist became illuminated showing it all in soft pastels.

Letting a few minutes pass before he decided to speak he looked over to the girl wondering what she thought of her new home. "Welcome to the Hidden Falls Agnodice. What do you think?" he asked gently the traces of a smile playing around the corners of his lips. Kiara had continued on ahead to go lounge by the water and quench her thirst from their long days work.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Agnodice , Anyone •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

She stayed quiet for most of their journey. She was more interested in her surroundings than making conversation. The scalding weather had little effects on the greenery around her. As she traveled she would occasionally stop to admire a certain flora, either recognizing it as a familiar herb, poison, or something completely unknown to her. Catching up to Ciceron after one of these stops turned out to be quite strenuous, for his stride was larger than she anticipated.

Eventually the stallion slowed his own gait, falling back to match hers. She looked to him expectantly, turquoise gaze particularly inquisitive. "We are almost there, it's just up over that hill." She smiled, looking forward to the hill. She nodded slowly, hoping that she had made the right choice coming here, following the silvery stallion.

He continued to speak, this time his words interested Agnodice a bit more than his previous ones. He spoke of their lead healer, Resplendence. She turned to look at Ciceron once more, interest gleaming in her eyes.  "I look forward to meeting her," She spoke, wondering what questions she should ask of the mare once she met her.

She didn't think about this for too long, for her thoughts were interrupted by the scene before her. They had crossed the hill. The land below was filled with plush greenery, waterfalls causing a soft mist to cover the land. She was a bit taken aback at first, and it showed on her features. Her onyx lips fell open slightly, her weight shifting onto her back legs. She turned her head rapidly to Ciceron, sending a curtain of black mane in all directions, the tendrils creating a soft dark halo around her head. "Welcome to the Hidden Falls Agnodice. What do you think?"

"It's beautiful," She whispered, features in awe, looking up to Ciceron with pure reverence. Her home was on the seaside, rocky and partially on cliffs. It was a lovely civilization, convenient for her to help rule, but it's majesty paled in comparison to the lush verdant here. She never really cared much for the salty air of her birthplace, anyways.

Image Credits

@Ciceron
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

One of his favourite parts of bringing people back home with him was watching their expressions change the minute they set eyes on what he could only ever attempt to describe. Words couldn't do it justice even by the most skilled linguistic master, it was just beyond what one could imagine. Things had definitely changed since the time of the Foothills but things were still unique and utterly perfect. Much of the mountain range had collapsed and condensed now creating the land otherwise known now as the Hidden Falls. If they had left the name the same it would not have felt right, it was a much needed change.

The awestruck expression now plastered across the girl's face was rather amusing for he had never seen anyone pull their face in quite the same way. A soft chuckle sounded from within his chest as his own face lit up with joy, it was always satisfying to see someone happy and just by the beautiful landscape their home presented them with. It was his hope that Agnodice would enjoy her time here and find the perfect place where she felt most at home. It was a pity that more wouldn't take him up on the offer to join them for he believed that if you didn't see it for yourself you could never get an idea for what you were missing out on. "It is quite the beauty." He replied casting his silver gaze over the falls one more time before proceeding to follow Kiara's path down to the water. "If you have any questions I am more than happy to help in whatever way I can." He commented with a reassuring smile.

Reaching the water's edge the giant waded in a couple steps before dropping his muzzle to the surface to pull in a much needed mouthful. At least this time Kiara hadn't decided to go diving and scare him half to death when she decided to play dead. He really could have murdered her for that little prank for his heart was in enough turmoil without needing to worry about such life changing circumstances. Merou had been hard enough to say goodbye to and he hoped that he would never have to go through that again for as long as he lived. He was no spring chicken anymore he needed to ensure he was around for a lot longer to see his kids grow up. The thought left a strange knot of unease deep in his belly from some of the latest discoveries of his past, he had already failed at it before there was no way he would let it happen again. "So what brought you to Helovia if you don't mind me asking?"

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Agnodice , @Resplendence •• NOTES: ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

resplendence ,
hold me now and leave me never

Be happy. Look nice. Be approachable. I can swear to you that this mare was beginning to harden from the out in. Too much had been taken away from her. Too much had caused her nothing but pain. It ate away at her soul and let her suffer through night terrors more and more often. Still, she had been forcing herself to move through the borders in order to at least move rather than hiding in one place the entire time. As she moved her eyes lingered upon a new pair near the waters.

Valiance went first - scouting out the area while Resplendence built up the façade needed to actually appear normal - before Resplendence pulled out from the trees with a delicate smile and glitter swirling around her with the gentle breeze. "Long trek?" she inquired, a bit of teasing appeared to be in her voice before she also pulled up to the water's edge and took a quick sip of the cool liquid. "Resplendence, Earth Medic here. That's Valiance," she introduce herself and Valiance with a gentle nod of her head in his direction before flicking her tail and allowing her gaze to fall upon the newcomer. "I don't believe we have met yet. Has Ciceron offered you refuge here?" The smile stayed on her face as her one ear perked upward, excited to hear the answer.

Maybe she'd garner a new healer from this little wander out across the lands. Valiance took his time circling above them, before finally settling down upon her withers. A slightly imposing figure in comparison to the timid mare - but it was welcoming to her all the same. A few clicks of welcoming from him as he ruffled his feathers and began his normal ritual of braiding Resplendence's mane.

ooc stuff here/tags here/etc ©

When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Outcast

She stood there for a moment, just looking at her surroundings. It was like a dream, all hazy and fresh, smelling like nothing she was familiar with. Ciceron spoke in reply to her words, affirming the beauty of their oneiric home. She nodded, not finding it within herself to say anything more. She wasn't sure what she was more surprised by: the Hidden Fall's unfathomable beauty, or that she had actually found it within herself to settle down.

A rustling of flora, hoofbeats moving away. She turned a curvaceous ear to Ciceron as he began to leave her side. She springs after him, a dainty hop that sends an influx of ebony tendrils billowing behind her delicate frame. She followed the silvery, dappled stallion to his feline's side by the water's edge. She eyed her reflection, hollow blaze and ebony lips distorted by ripples from her convives.

She continued to look at herself, not with disgust or any narcissistic sensuality. She was simply looking, gazing, searching for something remarkable in the etches of her features. She almost expected to see someone else's face in the unfamiliar waters, but it seemed that switching residencies did not make her a disparate person.

"So what brought you to Helovia if you don't mind me asking?" Ciceron spoke, causing the mare's thoughts and turquoise gaze to lift to him. She smiled lightly, thinking about her motivations. "I wasn't trying to come here, or anywhere, actually. I was trying to leave my old home. I suppose I succeeded in that regard," She stated wistfully, looking back to her reflection. "I had no future there, so I left." She decided against going into the details of her past. She wasn't sure where to even start with it. 'Ah, yes, I used to dress up in drag to save lives. Once I stopped doing that I was almost killed and shunned. So I hightailed it out of there.' Just doesn't sound fun to explain to someone you don't know too well.

More rustling of branches, hoofbeats that didn't belong to her or Ciceron. She turned to look at the cause of the noises, a bit startled by seeing a small red dragon being followed by a pink mare adorned with a glittering, cascading mane and tail. She almost didn't notice that she was missing an ear.

Agnodice's eyes were round, her head lowering and body shying away for a moment. She was more curious than frightened, as the mare nearing them didn't seem alarmed by the creature. The mare spoke, sounding teasing, but friendly. Agnodice slowly recovered her composure, smiling at the blush colored horse.

"Resplendence, Earth Medic here. That's Valiance,"

Agnodice immediately perked up, her curvaceous ears pricked forward. Convenient. She stayed quiet, though her features were showing her eagerness. The sparkling, rosy mare inquired about her intentions, which she was all too pleased to answer. "Indeed he has," Agnodice stated with a sly glance toward the silvery stallion. "I'm a doctor - he's told me of you. I'd like to become a healer of sorts here - if that's all right," She spoke shyly, her gaze slipping to her hooves at her last few words. She wondered what talents the doctors had here, if she would even be good enough to train under them and what she would do if she wasn't...

Image Credits

@Ciceron

Allowing the silence to stretch out as the mare took her time enjoying everything that was unfamiliar the mighty grey was content just listening to the many sounds of the Fall's. The most prominent would easily be the rushing water nearby as it cascaded from the peak above down into the lower basin. It was a soothing sound that had many times helped to lull him to sleep on those nights where sleep seemed impossible. Lately more and more of them seemed to be popping up to either reveal a new terrifying memory he had forgotten or to just replay those he had already discovered. Either way it was unsettling to learn of this life he had lived but not remembered up until now. Listening patiently as Agnodice got around to answering his question he couldn't help but feel much was left out of her explanation. The basics were there but as he had learned there was always more to the story than what was told. Everyone was entitled to their secrets so he would leave her answer as adequate enough to satisfy his curiosity for now.

As if by luck or just chance a new set of hoofbeats rustled through the grasses drawing his head to draw back up from the water's surface. Smiling warmly he dipped his head in greeting to his fellow herd mate before turning his focus back to words Agnodice offered in response to Resplendence's inquiries. Giving the mare a reassuring smile when she looked back to him he willed her to continue. Her politeness was a rather refreshing treat compared to some of the foul mouthed equine, unicorn and pegasus that he had met along the way. Manners were always a huge benefit in his books and it made it much easier to teach them the specifics of the herd's structure. This girl would most certainly fit right in.

"Miss Resplendence, Valiance." He greeted kindly once all other voices had ceased. Kiara hearing Valiance had come over to see what all was going on and now sat watching the dragon with interest. "Agnodice here has some talent that you could put to some great use. I witnessed it myself when she helped to heal Tembovu of his flat's headache disease."

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Resplendence , @Agnodice •• NOTES: ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

Resplendence shifted her weight, noticing the way that the other mare seemed to shy back and away from Valiance as they approached before seeming to realize that no one else was fearing him. Trying to reassure the mare, Resplendence offered a gentle smile, swishing her tail and causing it to curl around her in a delicate manner - spreading glitter as it moved.  Delicate, maroon shades pooling around her and flitting around in the few gentle breezes that always seemed to linger around the Falls.

So this mare was a doctor as well. Valiance instantly took to the skies, doing a few loops (showing off, of course) before swirling around the black and white mare and clicking happily. An attempt to welcome her to the tiny family of healers that Resplendence and he watched over as vigilantly as they could. The glitter around Resplendence began to harbor a faint glow - not yet the brightest, but easily indicating that she was beginning to feel at ease with the pair before her. "I hope it was good things he spoke of," she says, a gentle smile curling up her lips, eyes glinting in the sunlight.

Before she spoke about the healing, Ciceron greeted her and offered a little more explanation. So this Agnodice was capable of healing one of the new diseases as well. This would definitely be of use while they attempted to put together the members of the herd that were struggling.  Her smile widened a little - one ear pressed forward in interest. "Welcome to the healers then, Agnodice," Resplendence said - offering a small laugh as Valiance gave a puff of smoke above her (as if baptizing her into the group) and then went to try and mess with Kiara - flying just out of her reach and trying to initiate the game.

"Your ability to heal the Flats' Headache will be greatly useful. These new diseases have been quite…. Troublesome, to say the least." Her brow furrowed a little as she uttered the last words before letting out a gentle sigh, and then allowing a few more words to fall. "We already had our meeting, but I will have a herb lesson here soon that all healers will need to attend. Valiance usually gathers all the healers when it's time." She explained, eyes lingering back and forth between Valiance and Agnodice.

Of course, having missed most of the conversation before she allowed a few questions to linger in the air. "So what brings you here? The handsome stallions, or just some unknown pull?"

Well damn, wasn't she doing a great job at faking civility when her insides were numb.

@Agnodice @Ciceron
Well damn, Res is cheeky today

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Outcast

She looked to the sky, eyeing the red dragon, Valiance, as he began to trill and do a few loops. She smiled lightly at him, wondering what it must be like to fly as he spiraled around her. Agnodice was slowly growing accustomed to the creature. It seemed to her as if everyone here had their own little pets that followed them around. She was perplexed by how they had acquired such friendships with them. She made a mental note to ask someone later.

She turned her attention back to Resplendence, admiring her glittering mane and tail. It's sparkles seemed to grow more intense as time went on, catching Agnodice's attention. She couldn't help but wonder what story was behind them. Once Agnodice had mentioned her interest in becoming a healer, the blushy mare's ear pricked forward, features lighting up. It relieved her a bit, for the mare seemed happy to have her amongst their ranks.

The mare flicked a curvaceous ear to Ciceron as he spoke of her magic. She smiled and looked to her hooves, noting that he had used the word talent. No one had ever called it that. Her flowers were something she was born with, something she had not known much of until she was taught more about them. In her homeland she was still a bit ostracized for them, but she was finding that they were quite useful here.

Agnodice's turquoise gaze lifted, mouth falling open a bit as she looked to Resplendence. She had agreed to let her be a healer. She laughed a bit when Valiance puffed a cloud of smoke around her. She appreciated the initiation, watching the dragon fly to Kiara before she turned back to Resplendence.  

She listened attentively to the mare as she spoke of meetings and the diseases plaguing the land. Agnodice nodded, features fading to a neutral expression. The disease was pesky for her considering she knew not what to do for it other than use her flowers. It worked alright, but she was uncertain of why.

She allowed let a few moments of silent pass, her gaze slipping onto her hooves. She didn't glance up when she heard more words. She smiled, though. This question again.

"Known pull," Agnodice stated softly, "I want to study healing here."

Though she was still unsure of whether she wanted to heal because she liked it or it was all she knew how to do.

Image Credits

@Ciceron @Resplendence

Listening patiently as the two women conversed about the details of the journey the silver stallion couldn't keep his mind focused on any one thing. Whether it be over exhaustion from his many sleepless nights or just that so much was slowly eating away at his soul not one bit of it was pleasant. Thinking back to the conversation he had with Tembovu he felt lost in his own memories not really knowing what he could believe with all the lies that had been implanted there. How could his mother have done this to him all those years ago? Even with the pained horrible life he had lived back then it would of at least been his life instead of illusions. The one thing that he wished to know more about was his child but no matter how long he picked away at the fragmented memory nothing much really revealed itself. What happened to its mother? Who even was the mother? All he could remember was the sadness and pain that went along with losing a child but as to who he lost it was a mystery. It could have been a colt or filly but it had to of been given a name but what?

Shifting his eyes from just staring off into space over to his companion a soft smile managed to turn his lips. Valiance and Kiara were obviously having some fun of their own with the tigress leaping up to try and swat at the dragon playfully before turning and streaking off to hide and await the dragon to try and find her before proceeding to repeat the process over again. If only to be that young and carefree again.

Flicking his ears back towards the mares he found them still deep in their conversation so he chose just to wait until he could contribute something of use. Right now he was more than content just to sit and listen. Wading back out onto dry land the stallion looked down to see the gentle illumination beginning to show against his silver floral markings. How much of what he knew of this was actually true he wondered silently.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Resplendence , @Agnodice •• NOTES: ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

The conversation was fairly quiet, simple. For that Resplendence was appreciative, for she did not know how much longer she could keep up the ruse of being sociable. Valiance flickered before her, trying to comfort her a little bit. The black and white mare said that it had been a known pull, wanting to study healing here (of all places) and Resplendence could only assume that Ciceron had gushed about her and her garden, as others seemed to do these days. "Well, I am glad that you chose us," she said a gentle smile lighting up the curves of her face. There was a gentle pause before she spoke once more, "Feel free to wander around and get to know the herd lands. I must go back to my garden, but if you need me don't hesitate to come there." It was a goodbye, in a sense, at least for the moment.

Then, she turned to Ciceron ever so slightly and added, "If you need something for the exhaustion or muscle aches from training don't be afraid to stop by either, Ciceron."  A swish of her tail before she nodded to both in parting and took back off toward her garden. Back to solitude. Back to her stupid, godforsaken sadness that wouldn't leave her bones. Hah. Yeah. It was just a wonderful party in her head. A wonderful pity party that made her question why she was still alive. A wonderful party that made Valiance want to burn her back into her senses.

Resplendence out, sorry for the wait!
@Agnodice

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
With love