the Rift

[OPEN] Family Isn't Always Related By Blood [Welcoming]

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

She stood there for a moment, just looking at her surroundings. It was like a dream, all hazy and fresh, smelling like nothing she was familiar with. Ciceron spoke in reply to her words, affirming the beauty of their oneiric home. She nodded, not finding it within herself to say anything more. She wasn't sure what she was more surprised by: the Hidden Fall's unfathomable beauty, or that she had actually found it within herself to settle down.

A rustling of flora, hoofbeats moving away. She turned a curvaceous ear to Ciceron as he began to leave her side. She springs after him, a dainty hop that sends an influx of ebony tendrils billowing behind her delicate frame. She followed the silvery, dappled stallion to his feline's side by the water's edge. She eyed her reflection, hollow blaze and ebony lips distorted by ripples from her convives.

She continued to look at herself, not with disgust or any narcissistic sensuality. She was simply looking, gazing, searching for something remarkable in the etches of her features. She almost expected to see someone else's face in the unfamiliar waters, but it seemed that switching residencies did not make her a disparate person.

"So what brought you to Helovia if you don't mind me asking?" Ciceron spoke, causing the mare's thoughts and turquoise gaze to lift to him. She smiled lightly, thinking about her motivations. "I wasn't trying to come here, or anywhere, actually. I was trying to leave my old home. I suppose I succeeded in that regard," She stated wistfully, looking back to her reflection. "I had no future there, so I left." She decided against going into the details of her past. She wasn't sure where to even start with it. 'Ah, yes, I used to dress up in drag to save lives. Once I stopped doing that I was almost killed and shunned. So I hightailed it out of there.' Just doesn't sound fun to explain to someone you don't know too well.

More rustling of branches, hoofbeats that didn't belong to her or Ciceron. She turned to look at the cause of the noises, a bit startled by seeing a small red dragon being followed by a pink mare adorned with a glittering, cascading mane and tail. She almost didn't notice that she was missing an ear.

Agnodice's eyes were round, her head lowering and body shying away for a moment. She was more curious than frightened, as the mare nearing them didn't seem alarmed by the creature. The mare spoke, sounding teasing, but friendly. Agnodice slowly recovered her composure, smiling at the blush colored horse.

"Resplendence, Earth Medic here. That's Valiance,"

Agnodice immediately perked up, her curvaceous ears pricked forward. Convenient. She stayed quiet, though her features were showing her eagerness. The sparkling, rosy mare inquired about her intentions, which she was all too pleased to answer. "Indeed he has," Agnodice stated with a sly glance toward the silvery stallion. "I'm a doctor - he's told me of you. I'd like to become a healer of sorts here - if that's all right," She spoke shyly, her gaze slipping to her hooves at her last few words. She wondered what talents the doctors had here, if she would even be good enough to train under them and what she would do if she wasn't...

Image Credits

@Ciceron
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

Messages In This Thread
RE: Family Isn't Always Related By Blood [Welcoming] - by Agnodice - 10-26-2015, 12:12 AM