the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II)

Galiel Posts: 22
Hidden Account
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.0 :: 1
Giaerie

I don’t know how long I spent yelling at the hoard of others that formed to help the pegasus guy fight off the beast, before a second familiar face presented themselves. Tiamat, the unicorn mare I followed and met in the glowing room, dodges left and right as she makes her way through the chaos of the others launching their attacks at the creature. My blue eyes follow her as she moves about with such ease until she finally gets on the sidelines like I. Ears swivel backwards out of embarrassment as I notice she sees me and starts heading my way. Did she catch me staring? Gee why did I always have to be caught awkwardly by her?

When Tiamat reaches me though she just praises me in a way for what I was doing and then turns around and asks me to stay where I was. Psh, like I had any intention of actually putting myself into that god awful mess. No. I’d leave that up to those who wanted to fight for now. She bumps my cheek playfully before she returns her attention to the field and I kind of stare at her. The way she acted – the way she behaved around me – it…it reminded me of my own mother. Thoughts stilled in my mind as I grew slightly somber. I missed mother. I missed father. I missed brother. I…I missed the Celestial Wood and everybody in it.

No! Shaking my head slightly I dispersed the dark and sad thoughts that threatened to drive me mad. I wouldn’t let myself fall to its whims. I wouldn’t let myself dwell in the past for much longer. Besides there was a much more pressing matter at hand: the battle between the beast and everybody else.

Despite how much everybody seemed to fight and how much magic they all used, it seemed that the beast was never going to fall. Instead it just stood there for a second and then it struck back. Blue eyes grew wide and I stumbled a little backwards as I watched everybody getting injured. My cheers of encouragement went silent as I saw a smaller white frame thrown to the side as if she was nothing but a toy to the creature.

“Zat girl…,” I managed to whisper to myself through choked breaths, “She vas about my age.”

Tears welled up within my eyes as I looked on to the fire and blood and tar. It was nothing more than a mess. Everybody was getting hurt. Everybody was throwing themselves at the monster only to be struck down like pesky flies.

Memories flashed in my mind of the bloodied home I came to find on my last day in the Celestial Wood. This wasn’t a battle. It was a slaughter. Breaths grew more rapid as I looked at everyone in quick glances. The white girl’s crumpled body still laid on the ground, but there were others surrounding her. No doubt they were trying to heal her, but the action only put themselves at risk. Even the spotted stallion that I had met before had a scratch upon his shoulder. Many were burned by the fires that raged on while others were being hurt by the monster and each other.

Was this what happened? Was this how things went down that day at the Celestial Wood? Did a monster such as this one come and just kill everybody without even caring about a single soul? Did everybody fight not caring about the consequences that would be cast upon themselves?

“Zey need to stop!” I say through the tears now falling down my cheeks. Surely Tiamat could hear what I was saying, but I highly doubt she would know as to why I was reacting as such, “Zey are only getting zemselves killed! Zey need to stop!”

Hot salty tears trickled faster down my cheeks as I looked at Tiamat with a look that begged and pleaded for her to do something, but when she didn’t do anything quick enough I pushed myself forward, moving as fast as I could.

I’m sorry. The words echoed within my very soul as I thought Tiamat would be mad at me for not listening to her. Mother would have been. But I wasn’t going to let what happened at the Celestial Wood happen here. Even though I didn’t know most of the people here, none of them deserved to die. Nobody deserved to die. Not Tiamat. Not the spotted stallion. Not the white girl. Not mother. Not father. Not anybody.

Golden and green wings stretched outwards as I raced towards the cacophonous throng of beings. With each step I pumped my wings to help push me closer to them faster. Until I was finally there – amidst it all. Everybody was running about like a chicken without a head. Several unicorns were trying to impale the monster while a mare seemed to be trying to douse it with mud and water. The spotted stallion seemed to be doing something but what I couldn’t exactly tell. Then there were a couple who were still trying to heal the girl who had fallen. Overwhelmed by the sheer chaos my head snaps back and forth between all of the happenings.

Then my eyes fall upon the beast and I feel a cold, hard knot grow in my stomach. It was the reason all this was happening. It was the reason why everybody was getting hurt. It…it was the only thing around here that needed to die. So I look around at those who had yet to attack it and I see a boy running at the creature with some sort of beings running alongside him.

I suddenly knew what I had to do. As I watched the boy run up higher above the creature’s height preparing to make his attack, I ran towards the back side of the beast covered in burnt flesh, tar, and patches of orange and black fur. When I reached towards the back I took a quick glance at the boy and saw that he was beginning his descent down upon the monster. He had one wing splayed out in an attempt to slow his fall, but where was the other wing? Did he only have one? Desperate to help him my blue eyes look at the monster’s tail flailing about as it seemed more preoccupied with fending off the attacks to the front side. This was it. This was the only chance that both the boy and I would have.

So I quickly reached out with my teeth and attempted to bite down as hard as I could on the monster’s tail. Hopefully this would provide enough time for the boy to recover and get away and when I thought it was all over with I jumped backwards so to avoid any harm to myself.

But let’s be honest, if I got hurt I’d only be one step closer to seeing mother and father and brother again.

"speech"
TEAM EARTH GOD
notes:: Gali spends most of the time on the sidelines with @Tiamat , but when watching the battle brings back the memory of the aftermath of her home's massacre she is sent into like an emotional shock and runs into the fray where she eventually tries to help out @Zèklè by diverting the tiger's attention away from him by biting the tiger's tail. Then jumps away hoping to stay out of harms way.

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Galiel - 10-25-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Morenth - 10-26-2015, 02:35 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Nuray - 10-27-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Evaneska - 10-27-2015, 02:21 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Dovahkiin - 10-27-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Beest - 10-27-2015, 01:09 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Rune - 10-27-2015, 02:58 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Kipling - 10-27-2015, 10:33 PM