the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II)

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

No. Nonononono. Let this be a dream. Please, whoever is listening, don't let this be real. Nirvana was offered by the Gods of this land, but at what cost? The natives did not deserve to suffer like this. This wasn't right. Reverse back time and send us back if you most, but please.. Stop this bloodshed, this warfare. Especially... let this little one have her life back.

I had tried to protect her, but I had failed. There was nothing I could do - yet again - but watch as her small, fragile body was sent flying like a ragdoll. For a while, all I could do was stand there. Guilt threatened to choke me. I had witnessed her mother die and now.. No, she wouldn't die. She couldn't. Not someone this young, not in this land that was supposed to be safe.

By the time I found myself capable of moving a swarm of healers had surrounded her. Again I realized there was positively nothing I could do, but stand there and watch. Little One, please be alright. Please. I prayed to whoever would answer. The God of Earth, as everyone had called him, stood in front of us - her - with spread wings. The protection came too late, but I didn't dare voice this. Because, at the end of the day, I had been incapable of protecting her from the raging tigress. From one of my own cruel and sick gods.

Numbly I approached the group yet kept far enough away. I did not wish to get in their way. “Will she be..?” My voice cracked, but the question was clear. “I'm so sorry, little one.”

Team Earth God
mentions mainly erthe
summary unable to protect the child, she watches the scene numbly. evaneska finds herself frozen with guilt before she quietly approaches the healers and the foal.

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Morenth - 10-26-2015, 02:35 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Nuray - 10-27-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Evaneska - 10-27-2015, 02:21 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Dovahkiin - 10-27-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Beest - 10-27-2015, 01:09 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Rune - 10-27-2015, 02:58 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Kipling - 10-27-2015, 10:33 PM