the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II)

Beest Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Beest
move through me - i'll be your triumph

Everything was burning. Beest's whole body filled itself with adrenalin. He wasn't able to stop coughing as smoke filled his lungs. Did these creatures care nothing about their environment? They were just burning everything to the ground as soon as they saw something that didn't float their boat. Sure, Beest didn't know what had been going on before the tiger appeared, snarling, dripping tar. Sure, it truly was a terrifying creature. But did they have to go berserk like they were doing now? Soon nothing would be alive on this island, what wasn't burnt already would be suffocated by the chemical smoke. As he decided to run as far away as he could from this curious war, a tremor shook him of his feet. Slight jolts of pain ran through his body as he got up. His knees turned red and sore, but there was too much going right now to worry about his tiny injury.
Instead of finding higher ground the bay decided to change his plan, as the sea seemed to remain calm. He would stay on lower ground instead, trying to avoid the toxic fumes as much as possible. As he attempted to gallop towards safety, head held low, nostrils flared wide open in an attempt to breathe in enough oxygen, a vaguely familiar figure welled up from the mist. As she rushed to close the gap between herself and Beest he slowed down to a full stop. His blank eyes stared at her, his body stuck in a barren stun. Her were characteristics so inevitable, there was no chance on the world it could be someone else. But he had never thought he would run into her again.
"Yeah, I'm alright. It's just a scratch. The tremors..." Just as he thought she didn't recognise him she started screaming his name. Beest couldn't suppress a grin as she grew more excited to see him and reached out to softly bump her nose. "Maren," he replied kindly. Wow, had she grown. His gaze followed her every movement. He nodded in agreement with her statement. This couldn't have been a worse timing if they tried, but inside his heart swell with a joy he had long forgotten. Again, he merely shook his head in response to what the tiger mare said. He was longing to catch up with his old friend, one of the few he actually truly connected to, but there was no time for such a thing in this chaos. "I just got here. I have no idea what's going on." He stated, though his tone was begging for some more explanation. Looking back over his shoulder he noticed the fires were getting worse, and the urge to leave grew as his body filled itself with adrenaline again.
He focused on Maren again and let his tongue speak the words that had been burning in his mind all along.
"What do I do?"

"talk talk talk"

Beest changes his mind about searching for higher grounds and decided to stick to lower grounds in order to avoid the smoke. Then he catches up with his old friend Maren.

Credits
Table by Tamme ♥

@Maren

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Morenth - 10-26-2015, 02:35 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Nuray - 10-27-2015, 02:08 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Evaneska - 10-27-2015, 02:21 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Dovahkiin - 10-27-2015, 12:02 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Beest - 10-27-2015, 01:09 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Rune - 10-27-2015, 02:58 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part II) - by Kipling - 10-27-2015, 10:33 PM