the Rift

[OPEN] Shall We Begin?

Calista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"This place is very much like where I was born. We rarely saw the ocean, but it was always around us. The journey here was a difficult trek indeed. But I think it has been rewarding. The Edge is something to be proud of. I've spent very little time here, so I was using today to explore.The wind was beginning to pick up, whipping her tresses against her body and cranium. It carried the wistful scent of the ocean. A mess of charred strands twisted and turned against each other, dancing in the erratic path of the wind. Despite creating the irritating presence of hair in her field of vision, the breeze was always a nostalgic reminder of her old home. Her birthplace had always been blessed by such zephyrs, and when one stood atop a high bluff, the gusts could be quite strong. Calista chuckled in reply, "No wonder. After all, my coat has a milky hue, minus the top of my head and the tip of my tail." 

Tembovu mentioned something about the war bringing much bloodshed, and she felt slightly errant for inquiring about it. Calista was not familiar with the gods of the Rift. Clearly they possessed immense power. Although intrigued by his words, she thought it best not to pry further. She didn't want to drudge up any more bad memories. "There are many who want to hurt those around them. Fortunately there are just as many out there that want to help." As she finished her statement of positivity, her cyan gaze followed his to the laceration that marked his flesh. How had she not noticed? The mare cringed at the sight of it. The damage to Tembovu's shoulder looked to be painful. An injury of that caliber was bound to be. His body was clearly strong, and if it bothered him he disguised it well. "That's a nasty wound you've got there. If you ever need fresh herbs for it, or for any other ailment, don't hesitate to find me." As always, Calista tried her best to be helpful regarding the matter. She was relieved that he was accepting of her company. The painted mare watched as his eyes followed the grey bird. He exhaled deeply again, and spoke. The empathetic mare's face contorted to display her sadness at his words of loss, but the expression vanished from her features as quickly as it had appeared. She moved closer to him, leaving a comfortable space between them. There was so much she wanted to say, but what was the right way to say it to this stallion she had just met? 

"Talk?"

"it's my life, it's now or never, i ain't gonna live forever, i just wanna live while i'm alive." 

image credits

OOC: Sorry this is so late!

@Tembovu

Messages In This Thread
Shall We Begin? - by Calista - 10-24-2015, 01:10 AM
RE: Shall We Begin? - by Tembovu - 10-27-2015, 09:39 PM
RE: Shall We Begin? - by Calista - 11-01-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: Shall We Begin? - by Tembovu - 11-01-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Shall We Begin? - by Calista - 11-03-2015, 09:08 PM
RE: Shall We Begin? - by Tembovu - 11-04-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: Shall We Begin? - by Calista - 11-24-2015, 08:50 PM
RE: Shall We Begin? - by Tembovu - 12-01-2015, 08:34 AM