E
N
T
H
L
A
Y
“Mama! Papa! Hurry up!”

Spindly legs raced beneath me as I pushed myself ahead of my parents. I didn’t know exactly where we were going, only papa knew that information. Regardless, my little hooves pummeled the earth in a playful fashion. One step, two step, three step, four. None of my hooves were striking ground like they should have been as I travelled up ahead to the top of a hill.

“Honey, don’t go too far ahead!” mama’s voice calls out to me as she picks up her pace to catch up with me. It didn’t take her long to do so, but right before she did I giggled and laughed and ran away, “Can’t get me,” my voice bellows out between catching my breath and more laughing. Eventually I found myself falling and rolling on the ground as best as I could with my horns as mama came over and started laughing with me.  When papa caught up he chuckled a little bit and then decided to tell us our vacation spot was just at the bottom of the hill.

“Really?!” Wide green eyes glistened as I looked down the hill and saw nothing but lush green grass, a small stream, and a woods. It was perfect! There were so many things I hadn’t seen before. So many things to do. So many things to explore. So I took off.

“Hyzenthlay! Remember don’t go past the line of trees!” mama worriedly spoke to me before I got too far away.

“I know mama,” I yelled back. Mama always was the worrywart. If I so much as scraped a knee she would be questioning me about as to how I got it and then proceeding to tell me I should never do that ever again. Papa. Papa was the fun parent. He would always calm mama down and say that I need to live life in order to grow up into a decent princess someday.

And I couldn’t agree more.

It wasn’t before I found my first buddy to play with. He was green and slimy looking and whenever I got close he decided to hop away. Giggling I gave chase after him right on into the woods. “Hey, hold still,” I called out to the frog as we weaved between the trees – travelling deeper into the forest with each step and pounce.

Then he seemed to disappear.

“Hey where’d ya go?” I spoke between heavy breaths. Glancing around I searched for my new found buddy, but when I didn’t see him I looked at my surroundings. Trees. A line of trees just standing in the middle of the forest as if they served as some sort of special marker. Oh yeah, that’s right they did. Mama had always told me about some weird land the laid just beyond a line of trees and how nobody dared to venture past them and those that did never seemed to come back.

“I wonder what it’s like over there,” curious, I began walking along the line of trees, following it for several minutes before my frog buddy decided to show up again. Only he was hopping past the line of trees, “Hey come back here! Mama be mad at me if I chase ya there,” I call out to him, but he just continues. Torn between listening to mama and following my curious, adventurous heart, I stand there for a little bit.

Then my legs start moving. I’d only be over there for a little bit. What harm could come of being in this other land just for a little bit? So I once more give chase to my frog buddy and we start weaving through the trees and bushes while I giggle and laugh. Every once in a while the horns that travel alongside my body catch in the brush, but I push forward until once again my frog buddy disappears and I’m left breathless. For a moment I look around and suddenly my grin turns into a frown.

Where was I?

Without even realizing it, I had travelled so deep and so far into this new land I had no idea how to get back to mama and papa. How would I get back to them? How would they find me? What…what if I never got back? What if I never got to see mama and papa again? The questions swirled in my mind as I just stood there looking around, hoping somebody would come along to help me in some way shape or form.

But the question remained were there even people that lived over here and if so then how come nobody who ever crossed the line of trees never come back?

"speech"
notes:: so someone just needs to pretty much kidnap hyzenthlay or trick her into going even further into helovia or think that her parents are actually in helovia idk. free for anybody.

Image Credit

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
Resplendence carefully moved her way out of the herd lands once more. She needed to get away, and perhaps the threshold was the perfect place to do just that. She moved quietly, taking relatively slow steps as Valiance surveyed the area. He directed her away from huge gatherings and those which might look threatening. It was all she needed right now to be put around some others that would overwhelm what little was left of her.

Mane and tail trailed along the ground as she moved - glitter being spread across the forest until Valiance alerted her of a young foal in the distance. A strange figure, indeed, but definitely that of a foal. She shudders, where were this child's parents? Too many foals left abandoned… too many who ran away never to come back. She moves forward a little faster now, wishing to help the young one as much as she could. "Valiance, try not to scare the young one?" Resplendence nearly pleaded over their bond before she made sure to make her presence known and stepped into view of the young one.

Her one ear flickered forward as she lowered her head a little. "Hello, where are your parents young one?" There is a tinge of concern lacing her voice as she imagines just hat Rue might be getting into at this point, if she was safe. "My name is Resplendence, can I help you?" she offered, Valiance taking a resting place on a branch above them - doing his best to not scare the child that was near them.

@Hyzenthlay

Hope you don't mind, Res is forever a doting mother -- and don't worry about tagging me XD
Sorry it's short .-.

Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Once again, the midnight princess found herself in the Threshold. There was no denying she felt peace in this place. She was a free mare, had said so when she wandered into this place, and despite her ties to the Basin, she would never allow herself to be shackled to a place. The Basin was home, with its valleys and slopes, but she had been watching their numbers dwindle. She was unsure what was causing so many to outcast themselves, as many seemed to go as quickly as they came. But hadn't she herself wandered too far from home, past the boundaries of Helovia? But still, home had called her back. But many who came through the threshold, those who came and made friends and families and a name for themselves, still ended up drifting away, disappearing as if their anchors had snapped from their helms and allowed them to leave.

As she considered earthly bonds and wondered what caused some to stay and others to leave, a voice cut into the air. It was a distant murmur, like a voice in a dream. It was unusual, to say the least. A single brow raised, sterling pools glancing through the spaces between the towering trees. The canopies and thickets were overgrown this time of year, and muffled many of the noises that would have remained crisp in thinner foliage. Ears flicked, straining to capture another word from the voice, but the air had fallen silent.

She shrugged, continuing on her way. With so much changing in the world, with rifts opening and pouring dispense and strangeness into Helovia, she wouldn't be surprised if she were hearing voices again. She shook her head solemnly, praying the black wouldn't make a reoccurrence, as the last time voices plagued her it was with a terrible tar-like discharge. Ears snapped at attention, head lifting high, as sounds of a creature moving through the forest distracted her. It was a very real sound, and much louder than any of the squirrels or thrushes could create. She trotted towards the noose, pace quickening, to see if the source of the noise was also the creator of the voice.

She she reached a break of trees, she slowed to a stop. The girl, still a filly, was one of the most unusual the blue had ever seen. Great antlers sprouted from her shoulders, though she hesitated in identifying them as antlers. She was colored as darkened earth, with striking facial markings stark against the rest of her body. She appeared young. Perhaps old enough to be away from her mother, but not for any extended period of time. And it appeared as though another had already intercepted the young one.

Emerging from the brush, starry body emerging from a sliver of shadows, she waited for the words of the equine mare to finish before she contributed. "Please excuse my intrusion," she began, giving a dipped nod to the glittering mare. How unusual, she mused, trying to keep from becoming distracted. She came to a stop a respectful distance from the pair. "But I couldn't help but overhear the tail end of your conversation. If I am correct, you wandered here alone?" Disappointment washed over her. This was not the place for one so young to wander alone. Not everyone here was pleasant, and many dangerous beings wandered this place. She hoped the girl would correct them, tell them she had a parent nearby. "My name is Ki'irha, and I must say, being alone in this place can be quite dangerous. Resplendence here seems lovely, but you could have run into someone not as kind." Her words were gentle, and she was careful to keep any sternness from them. She was sure the girl would receive plenty of that from her parents when she returned to them. And though she had never met the medic before, there was something in her words that reassured the corporal that she had only good intentions. Though, Ki'irha had been wrong before.

"What is your name, darling? Perhaps we can help you find your way home?"

Talk
OOC// @Resplendence @Hyzenthlay ~
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
He approaches the Threshold once again, heavy hooves winding him though the green (but drying) trees of Tallsun. He loved the warmth of the long days. It left his muscles and joints well oiled— there were no mornings of creaking hocks and popping stifles. He sighs contentedly in his sweeping walk, enjoying the pleasant heat. Normally he traversed the Threshold with such purpose, but now he was relaxed and mindless.

So it was rather abruptly that he stumbled upon the two mares and a foal, just catching the end of Ki’irha’s words. He knew the star-painted mare only from running into her in the Threshold, they hadn’t ever been properly introduced. The thought is amusing to him— perhaps they should have a proper meeting and conversation at some point, since he saw her so often here.

The amusement faded as her words percolated through his relaxed brain. Deep blue eyes sweep to the foal— widening at the bizarre markings on her face. Yes, his own face was masked— but this foal had a swirl of chaos across her head. And hard nubs erupting from her shoulders. Ears perk and his great head cocks to the side slightly, listening to the fact that the foal was on her own. Or at least separated from her parents. Though she looked old enough to be weaned, the filly certainly did not have the air of living on her own.

“Resplendence, Ki’irha,” he dips his head in greeting to each mare in turn, a slight smile on his broad lips. “And little one, who might you be?” He drops his head from its great height, lowering it to the filly’s level, “I am Tembovu,” there is warmth and amusement glittering from behind his deep blue eyes.

@Hyzenthlay

Please tag Tembovu.

Hyzenthlay Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

H
Y
Z
E
N
T
H
L
A
Y
‘Hello, where are your parents young one?’ Quickly, my white and black colored head turned to look at the person that the voice came from. Green eyes widened as I soon found myself staring at a lightly colored mare who seemed to be giving off some sort of sparkly glittery stuff. Geez, that’s kinda cool. Her head was already at my level though and I found myself peering straight into her golden eyes. Okay she seemed pretty cool. Anybody who had reddish glitter falling from them and golden eyes had to be cool and nice right?

Movement in the trees caught my attention while the mare spoke her name and so I looked up only to find some sort of creature watching us. Instantly my ears perked forwards and a curious look washed over my face.

“What,” I start to stammer out through my brimming happiness, “What is that? Is it some type of bird?!”

Imagine a kid jumping up and down wanting to be picked to play on someone’s team in a game. That was me right now.

You’d think someone as young as I should be scared of something that they hadn’t a clue of what it was, but not I. Instead I found such things intriguing and exhilarating. If I had to choose between a well-traveled path and making a new path, as sure as the rain falls down I would choose making a new path. Why? Because there could be so much to explore and see! I didn’t want to spend my life doing the same old same old, I wanted new, exciting, interesting things.

“It’s a funny lookin’ bird if it is one,” I finish half giggling. Before I could go on any further though more people came and boy was I excited to see them! The second person was also a mare and she was darkly colored with white specks all over her. It was almost as if the night sky had spilled on her and nobody bothered to clean it up. She asked if I came here alone and then said her name just like the person before. Then she must have felt the need to explain that it was dangerous being alone and how I could have ran into someone mean.

Pshaw.

Then a stallion comes in and boy is he tall. When he looks at me I see his eyes grow wider and curiously I cock my head. Did he know me? Was I supposed to know him? He had a horn, yes, but so did many from mama and papa’s herd. Anyways this stallion goes on to greet the two mares, Resplendence and Ki’irha and then lowers his head to my level.

'And little one, who might you be?' I guess he didn’t know me and I didn’t know him. He said his name was Tembovu and though the name was completely foreign to me (all of them were to be honest) I could sense kindness within him and everybody else.

“I’m Hyzenthlay,” I begin saying almost bouncing up and down out of excitement. Luckily I kept myself somewhat contained though because otherwise I may have stumbled and fallen. Not that that really mattered though. My horns never failed to protect my body when I fell on my sides. “And I didn’t come here alone. I came with my buddy, but he seems to have disappeared.” My voice turns into a mumble as I remembered my frog buddy and began searching for him, “We were playing tag. He would hop and I chased him. Perhaps you guys might have seen him. He’s small and green and hops around everywhere?” I look back up at them frustrated that I couldn’t find my new buddy.

“Or maybe he got tired and went to sleep somewhere. I don’t know,” once more I began mumbling though this time it was out of pondering thought but then I remembered that Resplendence had asked about mama and papa and where they were and my eyes just lit up all proud like, “Oh mama and papa aren’t that far away. They’re…” I paused as I looked around trying to remember from which way I had come until finally I pointed in a direction at random, not realizing it was the exact direction that Resplendence herself had come from, “They’re just a little ways over there! I’m sure if I yell for them they will come.”

“MAMA! PAPA!” I yelled as loud as I could, but little did I know that I had travelled way more than I had thought I had. Mama and papa would never even have the chance to hear a wisp of my voice no matter how loud I yelled nor could I hear their panicked cries as they searched for me miles and miles away.

Several minutes passed as I waited to hear some sort of response from my mama and papa, but as the time grew longer and longer something flipped and flopped inside my stomach. The feeling seemed to only grow worse with the intensifying silence and I began to squirm as my ears fell backwards. I didn’t like this feeling. What was it? Nameless as it was it sure seemed to start to control my every thought. Where was mama and papa? What if something happened to them? What if…I never got to see them again?

“Mama,” I called out softer this time with sadness echoing amongst my chords and tears threatening to leave my green eyes, “Papa?”

"speech"
notes:: ugh...in my mind she's like a little anna from frozen in an 8 month old filly's body. sorry if i double tagged you guys, trying to tag Ki'irha@Resplendence @Ki'irha @Tembovu

Image Credit

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Valiance ruffled his feathered wings, scaled covered body puffing out as he gave a few small chirps of recognition to the small one who, really, was probably just about the same height of his bonded. When the young one asked if he was a bird, interested in everything about it all Resplendence could only manage to keep the laugh off of her lips. "He is a red dragon, sweetie," she offered, just as another stag came in - the other mare having already come in and taken to the side - speaking about how not all were nice out here.

A name fell from the young one's lips and spoke of what seemed to be a frog as her friend. Alas, when she called for her mom and pop she seemed to begin to panic. It was quiet for a few minutes - Valiance even shooting off to search the perimeter and see if anyone might be coming for the foal. Still, when the sounds came again, they were filled with sadness. "Perhaps we can try and find them?" Resplendence says - looking to the others, concern in her eyes. Maybe they would help as well. "I can offer protection in the Falls while we look, I believe I am closest to the borders? Hopefully,  though, we can find them today and you won't need that protection," she says with a gentle smile and then glances back around to meet everyone's gazes, hoping that they would agree to the possible plan that she had laid out.

"Does that sound reasonable?" she whispers - her uncertainty and shy manner taking over. All she really knew, was that they needed to find this girl's parents.

Sorry for the wait!
@Ki'irha
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Noella
A fourth joined their rendezvous. Tembovu, if she recalled correctly. She returned the gesture, dipping her head in mirrored respect. It was curious they only met again and again in the sprawling Threshold. Perhaps they would meet in a place less formal, without the desire to recruit being the only thing encouraging them to share a space.

But today was not that day. She turned her head back towards the child, who seemed to vibrate out of excitement and joy. She chattered on about a friend - perhaps a frog? That could be her best assumption - but not before introducing herself. Hyzenthlay. What an unusual name. The star girl smiled. "Is your friend a frog, darling? We have plenty of those here." She had few days of jovial naivety during her own childhood, and though she would not be who she was today without that rigorous upbringing, she still found happiness to see the freedom youth brought. "I'm not much for chasing frogs, but maybe you could teach me."

The child went on to call out to her parents. Blue ears flicked on the warrior's polls, and despite the echo of the child's words off of distant pines, no voice answered. A small frown turned down the corners of her lips. Silver eyes searched to catch the eyes of the elephant beside her. A difficult decision pulled at her heart. The child's parents were gone. Whether she had wandered too far, or they had abandoned the poor filly - her stomach churned at the thought - they were no longer around. How would this situation come to a solution?

She was silent as the glittering mare extended an invite to the Falls. She was sure a similar option would be presented by the buck beside her. Wasn't that the reason they all came to the Threshold?

"I am more than willing to escort you through this wood in search of your parents. I'm sure they're worried sick. But, if we cannot find them, I can offer you a safe place in my home, the Aurora Basin. It is beautiful this time of year, and I'm sure you can make many friends, unicorns and wild animals alike, should you wish." She smiled, the soft look chasing any hint of doubt from her face.

She stood patiently, ready to hear what the buck had to say, before the unusual girl with the exotic name made her decision.

Talk
OOC// I'm the worst!!! Sorry for the wait. @Tembovu ~
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
“Hyzenthlay?” his deep voice rolls over the foreign name, “That’s quite a mouthful of a name, little one.” A lopsided grin crossed his face as his attention and ears remain on the filly. His dark blue eyes glow with amusement at her antics and eager description of her frog-friend. Though his face begins to cloud as she says her parents are just beyond the woods— beyond the Threshold.

He raises his large head and sweeps his eyes to the glittering Resplendence as she speaks, his head nodded slightly as she speaks. Although he came to the Threshold to recruit members to the Edge, the separation of a foal from her family trumped the importance of recruitment. He opens his mouth to speak, but Ki’irha is quicker to offer the Basin (he frowns mentally) as an alternative.

His eyes linger of Ki’irha for a moment longer than necessary, fighting the frown that crinkles the corner of his azure eyes. To him, her words of the Basin were unbelievable and perhaps slightly misplaced in the face of a foal with lost parents. But he had a soft-spot for foals, so maybe his opinion on the matter was polarized.

Turning gaze back to Hyzenthlay, his face morphs from disapproving to concerned. “Resplendence speaks the truth, her herd is closest to the borders. And, if you wish to find your parents, the Falls may be the best place to stay and wait for them, though…” he trails off for a moment, pursing his lips, “If you’ve wandered very far from your parents, I’m not certain that you will be able to find them, little one. Helovia and these woods are enchanted—” he cuts himself off. This lost child did not need a lesson in Helovia. She needed a home and comfort, “You are welcome to accompany me to my homelands, as well,” his voice is low, quiet, and sad for the foal. Though she was old enough to live away from the teat, it is never pleasant to lose family.

sorry for the delay!

Please tag Tembovu.

Hyzenthlay Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

H
Y
Z
E
N
T
H
L
A
Y

Several minutes passed by as I stared into the distance. I couldn’t see anything beyond the trees, yet I still watched with green eyes for any sign of movement. Any sign of somebody out there. Any sign of mama and papa coming for me. What was taking them so long? They should have been here already. They should have already come in to sweep me away protectively like they did all too often. They should have already been here to scold me for not listening to them.

But they weren’t here nor were there any signs of them coming. There was no rustling of the leaves on the bushes. No crack of a breaking twig. No birds flying off suddenly. Nothing. There was absolutely nothing.

Ears fell as the silence passed and this weird feeling began to permeate throughout my body. From the tip of my nose to the end of my tail, I just felt sick with something and I didn’t like it. Didn’t like it not one bit.

‘He is a red dragon sweetie.’ My ears perk back up with a happiness that just seems to shove the weird feeling aside. These people were here with me at least. Two mares, a stallion, and apparently a dragon – so cool. I jumped back when the dragon flew off somewhere but watched him with wide and curious filled eyes as he went about his way. Then Resplendence mentions trying to find mama and papa and then says something about protection in someplace called the Falls if need be.

I was about to say something along the lines of mama telling me not to go with strangers and to stay where I was if I ever got lost, but Ki’irha beat me by saying I could teach her how to chase frogs one day and instantly my choice of words changed.

“Oh,” I piped up excitedly, “It’s not that hard. All you gotta do is crouch down real low like this,” I get down as low as I could and still walk at the same time as I began to demonstrate my method to chasing frogs, “And then you gotta sneak up on your frog like this,” Slowly I skulked around the group, trying to hold back fits of giggles, “And then once you get close enough, you jump out at them to make them run and you run after them!” Of course I did the whole action of pouncing towards my invisible frog and then ran around the group as if I was chasing a frog until I ran out of breath and stopped.

“It’s lots of fun,” I exclaimed with a grin so wide that it felt like it took up my entire face. After this though, Ki’irha also speaks about her home, the Aurora Basin. She says stuff like she would love to help me search for mama and papa and that her home was beautiful and had lots of friends I could make there. It all sounded so nice.

Then Tembovu speaks up. First he comments on my name how it’s a mouthful and giggles ring out of me as I begin to reply back, “You should hear papa’s name then, his name is Hru…Hrudu…Hrududi…Hrududil. Yeah his name is Hrududil!” My tongue falters as I try to say my father’s name while trying to remember it at the same time. I had only heard mama call him by name once or twice and everybody else just called him sir or some other words. However I never did really ever hear mama’s name. I’m sure her name was pretty though.

Tembovu goes on to say how Resplendence was right about her home being the closest to the border and might be the best place for my parents to find me, but then his tone changes. His words go from purposeful to almost lost as he speaks about how if I wandered far and how he wasn’t certain that I would find them (or they find me) and how this place was supposedly enchanted. Instantly, my ears fall again and I look at Tembovu with mixed feelings of sadness and confusion, “What are you saying? Why you say these things?” I took a stumbled step backwards, away from Tembovu, as I thought about what he said. I knew what he said, I…I just didn’t want to believe it. Did I really mess things up that badly this time? Did I wander so far away that mama and papa weren’t going to find me?

Green eyes looked to the ground as I thought about this, about Tembovu’s words for a few minutes before I felt something inside me shift, “You’re wrong,” I whisper just loud enough for them all to hear then my voice is louder and clearer with my next words, “You’re wrong! They’ll come. I know mama and papa will find me,” I look at Tembovu with a steeled resolve, fully believing that I was right in mama and papa coming to find me, “You’ll see. They’ll come.”

With that, I ran to Ki’irha’s side. I didn’t know I was running to her until I was already there, but I guess she was the one that I felt the most comfortable with right now. After all, she was the one who offered to search with me. Perhaps that was it, but it could have also been something about the chance to make friends at her home too.

“Mama always told me to stay where I was if I got lost,” I began slowly and softly, “Could we stay for a bit longer to wait for them?” The phrase ‘and then I’ll go home with you if they don’t show’ was self-implied. Hopefully she would get the message. Hopefully mama and papa would come like I hoped they would. But what Tembovu said about this place being enchanted made me feel sick again and though I wanted to believe that mama and papa would come so badly that I proclaimed that they would, deep within me I began to doubt that they would.

"speech"
notes:: @Resplendence @Ki'irha @Freya (in case the Ki'irha tag doesn't work) @Tembovu

Image Credit

Noella
The star girl smiled as she watched the babe crouch ever so comically, pursuing an invisible target. The wonders of youth inspired her, and she couldn't help but let a laugh escape her as she imagined crawling in pursuit of toads in such an exaggerated manner. She made her way around the trio, amusing herself as much as the onlookers with her antics, before leaping on spindly legs at her target. Ki'irha's front hooves left the ground in feigned surprise. "Oh my," she laughed, silver glittering with happiness as she watched the filly race around them yet again. "You really are good at this. I have much to learn from such an expert frog hunter!" Her words lacked any sarcasm as she engaged the girl, knowing to appreciate the thing that made her so happy, and distracted her from the darkness that shrouded the reason for their encounter.

She went on to stutter a difficult name. Ki would not attemp to repeat the name, as she was sure it would roll off her tongue I easier than it had from the filly's. She still smiled when she looked up from the girl, eyes catching blue pools of the elephant. But quickly the look of amusement melted from her face as she was met with something very different than the friendliness he had previously offered. Something was different in his eyes, and though she had no way of identifying his disdain for the Basin, she knew well enough by his next words that the Basin was not an appropriate option in his opinion. Nostrils flared in annoyance. She dug a cloven toe into the soil, holding in a sly comment that would be inappropriate for the age of the child that stood among them. But in place of her words, a broken cry filled the silence.

Suddenly and all at once, the babe stood against Tembovu. The blue's heart felt as though it may break. How would they tell her she was wrong? Surprisingly yet again, instead of finding comfort beside Resplendance's shimmering coat, or safety beside the large brute, the girl retreated to her side. Her ears perked, and despite her initial surprise, any uncertainties disappeared. She dropped her head down, neck arching over the babes neck, pulling her into a gentle embrace. "There, there," she crooned, voice soft. "He meant no harm." Not all those who hailed from the mountains were as cold as its winters. "Of course we will stay. That is a smart idea, to not wander from where you become lost. Your mother sounds very smart." She pulled from the embrace, smiling at the girl. Inside, she yearned for her own mother. Her mother had taught her many things. What would she think of who her daughter had become?

"We will stay for as long as you wish. But I must say that nighttime here can be dangerous, so once nightfall comes, we best begin to make our way to some place a little safer. When you are ready I will follow. And you can teach me more about chasing frogs." She winked.

She knew it would be difficult to get the girl away from the Threshold. There was nothing easy about leaving your past behind in the gateway of Helovia. But at least the star girl could make her entrance into this new life a little safer. She gave her short goodbyes to the pair as the unusual Hyzenthlay led her away.

And off they went.
Talk
OOC// @Hyzenthlay @Tembovu Since @Resplendance is on absent I skipped over her ~
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo