Z
E
N
T
H
L
A
Y
‘Hello, where are your parents young one?’ Quickly, my white and black colored head turned to look at the person that the voice came from. Green eyes widened as I soon found myself staring at a lightly colored mare who seemed to be giving off some sort of sparkly glittery stuff. Geez, that’s kinda cool. Her head was already at my level though and I found myself peering straight into her golden eyes. Okay she seemed pretty cool. Anybody who had reddish glitter falling from them and golden eyes had to be cool and nice right?

Movement in the trees caught my attention while the mare spoke her name and so I looked up only to find some sort of creature watching us. Instantly my ears perked forwards and a curious look washed over my face.

“What,” I start to stammer out through my brimming happiness, “What is that? Is it some type of bird?!”

Imagine a kid jumping up and down wanting to be picked to play on someone’s team in a game. That was me right now.

You’d think someone as young as I should be scared of something that they hadn’t a clue of what it was, but not I. Instead I found such things intriguing and exhilarating. If I had to choose between a well-traveled path and making a new path, as sure as the rain falls down I would choose making a new path. Why? Because there could be so much to explore and see! I didn’t want to spend my life doing the same old same old, I wanted new, exciting, interesting things.

“It’s a funny lookin’ bird if it is one,” I finish half giggling. Before I could go on any further though more people came and boy was I excited to see them! The second person was also a mare and she was darkly colored with white specks all over her. It was almost as if the night sky had spilled on her and nobody bothered to clean it up. She asked if I came here alone and then said her name just like the person before. Then she must have felt the need to explain that it was dangerous being alone and how I could have ran into someone mean.

Pshaw.

Then a stallion comes in and boy is he tall. When he looks at me I see his eyes grow wider and curiously I cock my head. Did he know me? Was I supposed to know him? He had a horn, yes, but so did many from mama and papa’s herd. Anyways this stallion goes on to greet the two mares, Resplendence and Ki’irha and then lowers his head to my level.

'And little one, who might you be?' I guess he didn’t know me and I didn’t know him. He said his name was Tembovu and though the name was completely foreign to me (all of them were to be honest) I could sense kindness within him and everybody else.

“I’m Hyzenthlay,” I begin saying almost bouncing up and down out of excitement. Luckily I kept myself somewhat contained though because otherwise I may have stumbled and fallen. Not that that really mattered though. My horns never failed to protect my body when I fell on my sides. “And I didn’t come here alone. I came with my buddy, but he seems to have disappeared.” My voice turns into a mumble as I remembered my frog buddy and began searching for him, “We were playing tag. He would hop and I chased him. Perhaps you guys might have seen him. He’s small and green and hops around everywhere?” I look back up at them frustrated that I couldn’t find my new buddy.

“Or maybe he got tired and went to sleep somewhere. I don’t know,” once more I began mumbling though this time it was out of pondering thought but then I remembered that Resplendence had asked about mama and papa and where they were and my eyes just lit up all proud like, “Oh mama and papa aren’t that far away. They’re…” I paused as I looked around trying to remember from which way I had come until finally I pointed in a direction at random, not realizing it was the exact direction that Resplendence herself had come from, “They’re just a little ways over there! I’m sure if I yell for them they will come.”

“MAMA! PAPA!” I yelled as loud as I could, but little did I know that I had travelled way more than I had thought I had. Mama and papa would never even have the chance to hear a wisp of my voice no matter how loud I yelled nor could I hear their panicked cries as they searched for me miles and miles away.

Several minutes passed as I waited to hear some sort of response from my mama and papa, but as the time grew longer and longer something flipped and flopped inside my stomach. The feeling seemed to only grow worse with the intensifying silence and I began to squirm as my ears fell backwards. I didn’t like this feeling. What was it? Nameless as it was it sure seemed to start to control my every thought. Where was mama and papa? What if something happened to them? What if…I never got to see them again?

“Mama,” I called out softer this time with sadness echoing amongst my chords and tears threatening to leave my green eyes, “Papa?”

"speech"
notes:: ugh...in my mind she's like a little anna from frozen in an 8 month old filly's body. sorry if i double tagged you guys, trying to tag Ki'irha@Resplendence @Ki'irha @Tembovu

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 10-25-2015, 03:10 AM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Resplendence - 10-25-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 10-26-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Tembovu - 10-27-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 10-28-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Resplendence - 11-03-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 11-09-2015, 07:32 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Tembovu - 11-11-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 11-14-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 11-26-2015, 10:22 PM