Z
E
N
T
H
L
A
Y

Several minutes passed by as I stared into the distance. I couldn’t see anything beyond the trees, yet I still watched with green eyes for any sign of movement. Any sign of somebody out there. Any sign of mama and papa coming for me. What was taking them so long? They should have been here already. They should have already come in to sweep me away protectively like they did all too often. They should have already been here to scold me for not listening to them.

But they weren’t here nor were there any signs of them coming. There was no rustling of the leaves on the bushes. No crack of a breaking twig. No birds flying off suddenly. Nothing. There was absolutely nothing.

Ears fell as the silence passed and this weird feeling began to permeate throughout my body. From the tip of my nose to the end of my tail, I just felt sick with something and I didn’t like it. Didn’t like it not one bit.

‘He is a red dragon sweetie.’ My ears perk back up with a happiness that just seems to shove the weird feeling aside. These people were here with me at least. Two mares, a stallion, and apparently a dragon – so cool. I jumped back when the dragon flew off somewhere but watched him with wide and curious filled eyes as he went about his way. Then Resplendence mentions trying to find mama and papa and then says something about protection in someplace called the Falls if need be.

I was about to say something along the lines of mama telling me not to go with strangers and to stay where I was if I ever got lost, but Ki’irha beat me by saying I could teach her how to chase frogs one day and instantly my choice of words changed.

“Oh,” I piped up excitedly, “It’s not that hard. All you gotta do is crouch down real low like this,” I get down as low as I could and still walk at the same time as I began to demonstrate my method to chasing frogs, “And then you gotta sneak up on your frog like this,” Slowly I skulked around the group, trying to hold back fits of giggles, “And then once you get close enough, you jump out at them to make them run and you run after them!” Of course I did the whole action of pouncing towards my invisible frog and then ran around the group as if I was chasing a frog until I ran out of breath and stopped.

“It’s lots of fun,” I exclaimed with a grin so wide that it felt like it took up my entire face. After this though, Ki’irha also speaks about her home, the Aurora Basin. She says stuff like she would love to help me search for mama and papa and that her home was beautiful and had lots of friends I could make there. It all sounded so nice.

Then Tembovu speaks up. First he comments on my name how it’s a mouthful and giggles ring out of me as I begin to reply back, “You should hear papa’s name then, his name is Hru…Hrudu…Hrududi…Hrududil. Yeah his name is Hrududil!” My tongue falters as I try to say my father’s name while trying to remember it at the same time. I had only heard mama call him by name once or twice and everybody else just called him sir or some other words. However I never did really ever hear mama’s name. I’m sure her name was pretty though.

Tembovu goes on to say how Resplendence was right about her home being the closest to the border and might be the best place for my parents to find me, but then his tone changes. His words go from purposeful to almost lost as he speaks about how if I wandered far and how he wasn’t certain that I would find them (or they find me) and how this place was supposedly enchanted. Instantly, my ears fall again and I look at Tembovu with mixed feelings of sadness and confusion, “What are you saying? Why you say these things?” I took a stumbled step backwards, away from Tembovu, as I thought about what he said. I knew what he said, I…I just didn’t want to believe it. Did I really mess things up that badly this time? Did I wander so far away that mama and papa weren’t going to find me?

Green eyes looked to the ground as I thought about this, about Tembovu’s words for a few minutes before I felt something inside me shift, “You’re wrong,” I whisper just loud enough for them all to hear then my voice is louder and clearer with my next words, “You’re wrong! They’ll come. I know mama and papa will find me,” I look at Tembovu with a steeled resolve, fully believing that I was right in mama and papa coming to find me, “You’ll see. They’ll come.”

With that, I ran to Ki’irha’s side. I didn’t know I was running to her until I was already there, but I guess she was the one that I felt the most comfortable with right now. After all, she was the one who offered to search with me. Perhaps that was it, but it could have also been something about the chance to make friends at her home too.

“Mama always told me to stay where I was if I got lost,” I began slowly and softly, “Could we stay for a bit longer to wait for them?” The phrase ‘and then I’ll go home with you if they don’t show’ was self-implied. Hopefully she would get the message. Hopefully mama and papa would come like I hoped they would. But what Tembovu said about this place being enchanted made me feel sick again and though I wanted to believe that mama and papa would come so badly that I proclaimed that they would, deep within me I began to doubt that they would.

"speech"
notes:: @Resplendence @Ki'irha @Freya (in case the Ki'irha tag doesn't work) @Tembovu

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 10-25-2015, 03:10 AM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Resplendence - 10-25-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 10-26-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Tembovu - 10-27-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 10-28-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Resplendence - 11-03-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 11-09-2015, 07:32 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Tembovu - 11-11-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 11-14-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 11-26-2015, 10:22 PM