the Rift

new beginnings [anybody]

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
The star girl smiled as she watched the babe crouch ever so comically, pursuing an invisible target. The wonders of youth inspired her, and she couldn't help but let a laugh escape her as she imagined crawling in pursuit of toads in such an exaggerated manner. She made her way around the trio, amusing herself as much as the onlookers with her antics, before leaping on spindly legs at her target. Ki'irha's front hooves left the ground in feigned surprise. "Oh my," she laughed, silver glittering with happiness as she watched the filly race around them yet again. "You really are good at this. I have much to learn from such an expert frog hunter!" Her words lacked any sarcasm as she engaged the girl, knowing to appreciate the thing that made her so happy, and distracted her from the darkness that shrouded the reason for their encounter.

She went on to stutter a difficult name. Ki would not attemp to repeat the name, as she was sure it would roll off her tongue I easier than it had from the filly's. She still smiled when she looked up from the girl, eyes catching blue pools of the elephant. But quickly the look of amusement melted from her face as she was met with something very different than the friendliness he had previously offered. Something was different in his eyes, and though she had no way of identifying his disdain for the Basin, she knew well enough by his next words that the Basin was not an appropriate option in his opinion. Nostrils flared in annoyance. She dug a cloven toe into the soil, holding in a sly comment that would be inappropriate for the age of the child that stood among them. But in place of her words, a broken cry filled the silence.

Suddenly and all at once, the babe stood against Tembovu. The blue's heart felt as though it may break. How would they tell her she was wrong? Surprisingly yet again, instead of finding comfort beside Resplendance's shimmering coat, or safety beside the large brute, the girl retreated to her side. Her ears perked, and despite her initial surprise, any uncertainties disappeared. She dropped her head down, neck arching over the babes neck, pulling her into a gentle embrace. "There, there," she crooned, voice soft. "He meant no harm." Not all those who hailed from the mountains were as cold as its winters. "Of course we will stay. That is a smart idea, to not wander from where you become lost. Your mother sounds very smart." She pulled from the embrace, smiling at the girl. Inside, she yearned for her own mother. Her mother had taught her many things. What would she think of who her daughter had become?

"We will stay for as long as you wish. But I must say that nighttime here can be dangerous, so once nightfall comes, we best begin to make our way to some place a little safer. When you are ready I will follow. And you can teach me more about chasing frogs." She winked.

She knew it would be difficult to get the girl away from the Threshold. There was nothing easy about leaving your past behind in the gateway of Helovia. But at least the star girl could make her entrance into this new life a little safer. She gave her short goodbyes to the pair as the unusual Hyzenthlay led her away.

And off they went.
Talk
OOC// @Hyzenthlay @Tembovu Since @Resplendance is on absent I skipped over her ~
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 10-25-2015, 03:10 AM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Resplendence - 10-25-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 10-26-2015, 06:49 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Tembovu - 10-27-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 10-28-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Resplendence - 11-03-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 11-09-2015, 07:32 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Tembovu - 11-11-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Hyzenthlay - 11-14-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: new beginnings [anybody] - by Ki'irha - 11-26-2015, 10:22 PM