the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! What is Love?

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

Normally, she would care. Normally, some part of her would lash out at the thought of those of the Grey so close to her. There might be fear in her eyes, but she would balk and back away - give them room until they had given her a possible reason to begin to accept them. Kota, Apollo, Archibald - they had all (at some point in time) shown her kindness. And, (at some point after that) she had allowed her heart to soften to them, to let them in to the one thing that had already been snapped so many times.

Still, today, she had lost her fight. The fight to stay alive, to fight to care about her safety. The ever looming voice nagging in the back of her mind that nothing was safe was quiet. She could probably stand on the edge of a cliff - watching some rocks tumble down below her - and she wouldn't feel the fear that was so important to keeping one alive. She didn't flinch as the darkened mare came into her refugee, her place of solitude and nightmares and dreams. Normally she would have flinched, and she didn't flinch. Not a single muscle moved. Her sides still heaved a little, tears dripping from her eyes, nostrils flared, as glazed eyes stared blankly at the entrance to the cell.

More movement, and the blue flanked mare appeared. Distaste might have filled her mind had she the capability to pull herself together. Distaste at the thought that the mare who had saved her herb box was so friendly with the mare who she still was yet to trust. But no. Just a blank stare, tears falling, and ear cocking awkwardly to the side  - a sign of defeat.

Valiance was done with this entire thing by now, though, so he was the first to take the initiative.  He dug his talons into her flesh against her shoulder. He was careful not to tear at any muscle, just wanting to shock her, to draw blood.  And blood was what he got - a slow trickle - and a jerk of her muscles in her shoulder as she snorted uncertainly. "They asked you a question," Valiance hissed, flapping his wings near her face trying to get some kind of movement from her - something that might result in her screaming at him in her head (at the very least, outloud would be preferable though).

She didn't react, though. Not in the least. "Don't make me burn you damn canopy and garden. I don't want to - but if it will make you move then I won't hesitate," he barked, eyes narrowing in despair before Resplendence began to move.  Her head lifted, eyes looking at the puncture wounds on her shoulder before turning to Valiance. "Don't you dare," her voice was husky, as if it hadn't been used in a while, and it was far quieter than normal. Which (of course) made her appear so much scarier to Valiance than if she had ended up yelling at him.

Quickly, he retreated - trying to take residence atop Kota's withers, should she allow it. Then, she slowly turned her face back toward the two mares at her doorstep. Why was she crying? Because everything was wrong and no one could fix it. "Quilyan. Rue. Gone." she whispered, voice unable to go much louder after the sobbing she had partaken in before the other two had appeared. "Can't save them. What if they need me? I can't find them if they need me." She trembled, eyes falling shut as she whispers out the last broken sentence. "Everyone I love…. Gone… leaves me…" A choked sob, "… alone…"

Sorry for the wait guys! D:
@Ktulu @Lakota

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
!! What is Love? - by Resplendence - 10-25-2015, 10:33 PM
RE: !! What is Love? - by Ktulu - 10-26-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: !! What is Love? - by Lakota - 10-30-2015, 03:37 PM
RE: !! What is Love? - by Resplendence - 11-04-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: !! What is Love? - by Ktulu - 11-19-2015, 09:18 PM