the Rift

Table/Image help

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
So, as we all know, I have an addiction to hoarding art of my characters.

So, obviously, I have This awesome new manip of Tembovu XD

I feel bad constantly begging for tables (and I actually spent the time to teach myself a lot of table making!). BUT I CAN'T MAKE THE COOL FADED TOPS/BOTTOMS OF IMAGES.
I can't.
It looks awful when I do it.

So could someone either fade the bottom/top of the image OR teach me how to do it so doesn't look like a toddler did it?

(or just make a table XD )

Please tag Tembovu.

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Easy ways to do the fade:

1.Erase with a big round soft brush, have a transparent BG underneath

2. Select a rectangle across the width of the whole thing where the image ends, go to select>modify>feather. Feather a largerish number, depends on canvas, like 100 px maybe. Make sure "apply at canvas bounds" is unchecked. Once feathered, erase everything in selection (or do new layer via cut and then delete that new layer), save with a transparent BG.

Hope it helps! I use PS, don't know the exact way in gimp for method 2 but method 1 works in both.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
This is my preferred way to do fades, because it's less of a hassle when you change your mind and includes no erasing! I use Photoshop.

* Copy-pasta into PS. Make a new layer beneath with the color you think you'll use for the background. I usually use the crop tool to drag the canvas out a little above/below the image, depending on if you're fading above/below. Example.

* LAYER MASK! ;D Put a layer mask on the image layer, select the gradient tool (colors will be grayscale as black = 0% opacity, white = 100% opacity, make sure you have black and white selected) and then just do a gradient on the layer mask. Voila! You'll have magically hidden something in a fade! Holding shift down will make it a straight line when you fade. The longer the line, the bigger the fade.

* If you want more of a transition in the fade, there's something called "Feathering" in layer mask properties too. I don't know where you find it in different versions but I use it a lot, just be careful! If you feather too much the bottom line of your fade might become slightly visible (like the bottom left of the image I linked). You can also use a brush to "erase" more of the image using the layer mask. Black will "erase", white will "unhide" it again. :)

* When you're satisfied with your fade and background color and everything else, crop/resize and save!
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Thank you, guys!! <3 I got 'er done :D :D

Please tag Tembovu.