the Rift

[OPEN] and the kids cried out, please stop youre scaring me

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
An irritable bird’s cry drew the attention of the elephant. He plodded towards the noise, wondering what could make such a racket. It cut through the bugs of Tallsun with ease. Though he enjoyed the warmth of the long days, he generally stayed in the cooler parts of the Edge during the hotter parts of the day. Though the bird drew him into the open, to the very edge of the Edge.

Though his sweeping strides stop abruptly in shock. There, before him, was a gaunt excuse of a pegasus. What even was its gender? He couldn’t tell— though there was something vaguely familiar about the being. He racked his brain, but could find nothing to match the filthy, starved, bleeding form before him.

His hears perk and nostrils flare at the scent of blood, filth, and hunger. The face is painted with anger— and something darker. Is there hatred in those deep, blue eyes? The swollen, angry scar jogs a memory… He had met this being once before. Her body was gaunt now, her mane and tail jagged and shortened. Her face bruised, her nose bloody. But her blue eyes were the same, staring angrily from their deep holes.

“…Elsa?” He thought that was her name… Though he had only met her for mere moments. Then, she had seemed upset and tinged with self-loathing. But now she was evidenced with an overwhelming amount of it. “What has happened to you?” Despite his faint acquaintance with the mare, concern was still thick in his deep voice.

A flash of white in his periphery caught his attention, and his gaze swung to see Erthe. He had been so stunned by the appearance of the winged equine that he had entirely missed his small filly. His ears flick towards her and her suspended forelimb. Distaste is written plainly on her pain-ridden face. It was not a look he had seen yet on the spritely girl— and surprise further raised his thick brow. “Erthe, have you had healers look at your legs since the Rift battle?” More concern thickened his rumbling voice. He had not seen his little friend since the Tigress Goddess has swiped her like a rag doll.

His worried blue gaze swept between the two injured creatures before him. His own broken rib and deep claw-marks on his side mere child splay in comparison.

There's a burning star to lead your father home,
He'll travel from afar, no matter where you roam.
Rest your angry heart, little one, don't you cry,
Soon you'll see him come across the bending, bleeding sky.

@Elsa Hope you don't mind him joining! I know they've only met once or twice, but I think he'd recognize her ;)

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
RE: and the kids cried out, please stop youre scaring me - by Tembovu - 11-01-2015, 10:07 PM