the Rift

even your teeth bite your tongue sometimes

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
The Threshold, despite being the gateway to Helovia, was pretty much no man's land. It belonged to no one, and the plants here grew as wild as those who wandered here from the outside. Typically, only two types of souls wandered here - foreigners in search of a new beginning, or Helovians tasked to recruit those who came with nothing to call their own.

Today, the blue was one of the unusual ones. Normally she cast herself here like a comet. Fast and fleeting, in and out, leaving on her own or with another in tow. But today she walked leisurely with a friend by her side. Picking her way down a footpath carved by many before her, she listened to and spoke with the antlered fae, doing nothing other than simply enjoying her company. Their voices and laughter filled the air, the warmth of their conversation mingling well with the brightness of the Tallsun day. The canopy above them sheltered the pair from the glaring sun, but rays that had broken through dappled the trail they followed. Birds chattered in the trees, paying no mind to the two as they swooped down to catch insects that fluttered too close.

The star girl was at peace. This was her first Tallsun here in Helovia, and it suited the land marvelously. But as they laughed and carried on, little could prepare her for what they were about to stumble upon.

"I'm not sure about you, but I could use a nice drink." She smiled, eyes glittering in a sliver of light. She turned her head, looking through the rows of trees. "I think I hear a stream down there, perhaps we can take a look?" Breaking away from the path, she forced her way through the thicket that bordered their trail. It became easier to navigate the farther into the labyrinth of trees she walked.

She caught herself short, however, four pillars straight and rigid, head high, ears perked. Stormy gaze scanned her surroundings as her nostrils flared, pulling in deep breaths, tasting each scent she dragged in. Something wasn't right. Past the smell of the lush greenery, deeper than the decay of debris and earthy soil, another scent rested stagnant. The smell of disease and death, tinged with blood. It was faint, but present. She wasn't naive enough to believe that this wild land didn't claim plenty of lives for its own. But this stench was fresh. Her eyes locked on the direction she believed the scent was coming from, hoping the mild breeze wasn't distorting the location. "Enna," she called over her shoulder, her voice mutating suddenly from its previous warmness to a tone of caution and hardness. She switched from friend to warrior, readying herself for whatever may lay in wait. "Enna, do you smell that? Something isn't right."

She slowly continued forward, steps precise and purposeful. She was unsure if the healer would follow her deeper into the forest, but if she did, Ki'irha would be sure to keep a watchful eye. The smell grew more and more obtrusive until they came upon its source. Shying back, her nose wrinkling in disgust, the midnight girl looked over the bear. An ugly death had taken the creature. It's fur was in mats, body racked with disease. She had seen enough rabid animals in her time to assume that's what this was. But the blood that pooled around the beast was grotesque, as if something had bled every drop from its body.

Scowling, she made a wide circle around the fallen bear, until she was able to see it's throat. Something had killed it, though it must have been a dumb creature to take on a rabid bear. She shook her head, lips still turned in a frown. Where there's one, there's more. And she wanted to be gone from this place before more showed up. But as she turned to leave, another trail captured her attention. Hoof prints, left in the dampened soil, trailed away from this creature. Blood mingled with the steps, as though the owner of the trail was bleeding as well.

Looking back at Enna, Ki'irha shrugged, and began to follow the trail of blood stains and hoof prints. Soon enough, they came upon a small pool. But now, the pair was no longer alone. An antlered girl stood by the water. An injury spread across her shoulder, and an angry one at that. Perhaps it was something Enna could help with? Stepping into the open, the corporal spoke. "Hello," she called, "We come with no ill will. You look injured, perhaps we may help?" Falling silent, the buzz of the insects filled the gap in conversation, their chorus deafening in the Tallsun air.

Talk
OOC// oh my goodness, this post got away from me!
@Sartura @Enna ~
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
even your teeth bite your tongue sometimes - by Sartura - 10-27-2015, 05:27 PM
RE: even your teeth bite your tongue sometimes - by Ki'irha - 10-27-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: even your teeth bite your tongue sometimes - by Sartura - 11-05-2015, 11:33 PM
RE: even your teeth bite your tongue sometimes - by Sartura - 11-24-2015, 07:48 PM