the Rift

[OPEN] Side Adventures

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
I wish I could discover something that doesn't expire

"How is this supposed to work."

For anyone watching, they might have thought the question was rhetorical. But no, Isopia was actually asking the unborn creature, snuggled tightly and ignorantly inside of its egg, what she was supposed to do. Large golden eyes bore into the bronze and green shell, as if there were instructions written for only the very observant to see. Isopia snorted, her nostrils flaring as she expelled air.

Undaunted, the egg gave no answer.

Sitting in a cradle of stone, with only a few of Isopia's feathers for padding, the ticking time-bomb of responsibility lay in wait. The earthen-child wasn't sure why her Father had given her this 'gift', especially right before a fight. Was it to teach her responsibility? Or was she being punished? Both made equal sense, in the girl's mind. She was always doing something wrong, and so if her Father had found cause to punish her that she was ignorant of, she wouldn't have been surprised. Then again, she did think that her Father was clever enough not to condemn her for the mundane wrong-doings that others did: Don't bury our dead relative, or leaving in the middle of a conversation is rude. Couldn't they see how small-picture that all was?

Flicking her tail, the girl's large shoulders shrugged as her wings hugged her oddly-painted flanks. Only just now did she realized that she wouldn't be able to move as a raven while this thing was still encased in an egg. Silently, Isopia wondered what the consequences of his grounding would be.

@Roskuld
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Okay so, uh. I’m pretty sure we operate on two different wavelengths.

Cuz, like…okay. Most of the time we’re on the same page or whatever. Like, we get annoyed at the same shit, laugh at the same shit, laugh at each other when we’re being butt-dumb and just all around…get each other, y’know? Likes, dislikes, fears, irritations…y’know, shit like that. They were mostly the same between us. Mostly.

But yeah, there were some things that were different—like, for one, the way you didn’t mind the heat or the wind OR the sand even though those three things were basically put on this planet specifically to torment my ass (probably). Or like your strange fascination with Faux-to-to, even though I hated the bitch’s guts at this point. Like, I dunno what it was with you and her—you just didn’t give a fuck how I felt when she crossed my mind. Fuck me, right? Fuck my feelings or my anger with her that still lingered after the way she put all my people in danger when the bear god emerged from a sick, poisoned universe. Nah, it ain’t matter she almost got my Ma killed. Y’all were cool.

Hmph. Whatever.

(And no, this ain’t jealousy, I’m legitimately confused as to why the hell you like the bitch so much. Like, the fuck? What even, man?)

So uh—yeah, cue now, wandering a place that wasn’t quite as sick as it was before the Earth God did his—thing or whatever. You had shot out away from me in a mess of black and white and I could feel the spike in excitement at something you had seen or sensed or something that I hadn’t seen yet. It didn’t take me long to scent her though, which made me groan with irritation—but you were overpowering my thoughts with a wordless excitement that spilled from your head and all over everything between our link.

!!!

Dude, what’s going on?

!!!

Cheek, slow down, put your thoughts in a word—

But I was already coming up on the scene and there she was, all kinds of tall and bushy-haired and smug in her face like she usually was (nope, I totally wasn’t imagining that, she’s smug as fuck) while you gamboled about something she was standing over, a depression in some stone and some loose feathers gathered about what was unmistakably an--egg.

I was stiff as a board standing there, watching her with a half-glare because I never really mastered the art of a poker face—while you frisked around with your happy little skunk ass, inching closer and closer to the nest while you shot looks up at her with your bright brown eyes. Fuck wavelengths, you’re in a whole different universe than me, bruh.  

"talk"

Quit Hollerin' "Why God?", he ain't got shit to do with it.
♥♥ kate has it going on

@Isopia i'm actual garbage for taking so long

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
I wish I could discover something that doesn't expire

[No you aren't, you're a beautiful butterfly.]

The girl's quad-horned skull turned towards the fluffy creature who invaded her space. However unlike most who did so, the small companion didn't draw a snort of contempt or a sigh of disdain from the demi-girl. Instead, her large golden eyes appeared almost hopeful. Surely this small being knew what it was like to be inside of the egg? Knew what it was she should do to care for it?

"Hey-" She whispered in a conspiratorially low voice. "What did she do to take care of you? What should she have done better-" But her words were cut off as Ros's stiff-as-a-board shadow fell over the bronze and green egg. Iso's ears faltered backwards slightly as her gaze rose. So much for getting information out of Cheek without Ros around. For all of Ampere's lectures, Isopia couldn't shake the her implicit assumptions that companions were independent. She had thought, for a beautiful moment, that she could be alone with the small monochromatic creature.

Nope.

Stiffly, Isopia raised her head - now standing at her full height. She looked distracted and uncomfortable - more so than she normally did. She wasn't pleased that her Father had #1 announced her name to everyone around her, and #2 Given her this gift without any (useful) preamble.

"So now we've all been given one." She said flatly, recalling the egg that the Sun God had given Aithniel a few weeks prior. She could only assume that was were Mesec's companion came from as well. "Why. For what purpose. What does it matter? What do I-" Looking down, her gaze softening as it fell on Cheek, "-do?"

@Roskuld
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here