the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Conclusion)

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks
I'LL BE YOUR NUMBER ONE WITH A BULLET
a loaded god complex, cock it and pull it
Ma?

Mama?

Ma, I'm scared.

Stomach-plummet-vomit-inducing-eyes-widening-screaming-crying-fear. Zero had never been afraid before, not really, not like this, not with the potential for his life to be gone, with no hope of a future, fear. The tiger was rising up beneath him, and no matter how he struggled, no matter how he tried to flail his useless wing, it just kept coming and coming and coming until - slam - there it was! - and he was there - and he bounced off, screaming, one word, the only word, the first and last word he'd ever say because it was the only face he ever wanted to see again -

"MAAA!"

Ma, I'm scared.

Save me.

Ma. Help!

And she was there. Like a blue angel she appeared, and he was flying toward her - flying! - really flying, and he was full of hope again, because Ma meant safe! Ma would save him! Gone were Zero's dreams of heroism, his foolhardy valor, his stupid, stupid need to prove himself. He was the one who needed a hero now. He was the one who needed a Ma.

"Ma! Ma!"

Thump.

There were two thumps, actually, but they were hard to distinguish between. By the second one he wondered if maybe he was dead. Probably. I'm dead, he thought, to try it out, but then why did he hurt so much? That didn't seem right. So maybe he wasn't dead. That led to many more possibilities. Was he half-dead? Mostly dead? That didn't seem likely either. Maybe, he began to hope, he was still alive?

Zero reached for something to verify this fact, his small body wriggling softly as he sought anyone, anything, proof that this was the same world he was accustomed to. He became aware of a body, her body, his hero's body, his Ma's body, and for that moment everything was ok. Ma wouldn't let him die. His eyes drifted shut. As consciousness abandoned him a whisper left his mouth. "'m I a hero, Ma?"

And then everything went dark.

Z è K L è
am i more than you bargained for yet?

image credit

[Gonna make another thread for anyone interested, so we don't muck up this one.]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Conclusion) - by Zèklè - 10-28-2015, 10:07 PM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Conclusion) - by Morenth - 10-29-2015, 11:14 PM