the Rift

SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Conclusion)
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

All of it seemed to happen too slowly, but there was nothing she could do to stop it. The seconds were torture, and she knew... she knew what was going to happen just as her jaws opened up to yell, scream and tell them to get out of the way. Her voice was mush in her head, not able to will her tongue to move faster as she scrambled to her hooves, wanting nothing more than to get to her sister, Sno and Morenth in time.

Her attack had worked too well. She and Morenth were supposed to be a balance, but the culmination of attacks elsewhere and the brunt of her attack must have critically weakened the tigress. What had been just a stab to the leg ended with a crippling blow, and the beast fell to the other side of her own body. The thud and sound of crushing was cruel, a cacophony of pain and noise in her head that set fire to her guilt. "No, no, no, no...." she murmured, running headlong toward the other side. "Dammit, no!"

Ophelia found Morenth, Sno and Ktulu there, and she worked hard to get them free. With a pale shoulder, she laid into the monster, straining as hard as she could to loose them from beneath the weight. The Earth God helped then, freeing those trapped beneath by sending the body into pieces, and she stumbled, not giving a single shit about the Earth God now. He could have done something... right? Surely this couldn't all be her fault. Please... let it not be all her fault.

Concerned eyes swept over her sister and Morenth, and she nuzzled her sister close. "Are you all right?" she demanded, eyes burning with regret and passion. "Are you going to be all right"? Ophelia then moved to Morenth, frowning, apology written all over her features. "I didn't mean... I thought..." she trailed, shaking her head as she struggled to find words to match the depth of her apology. "I am so sorry. I will find a healer, okay? I will..." she said, looking out upon the battle field.

Only, she didn't know who the healers were. Archibald yelled in mental space, and she looked over, seeing Sno and Roskuld there. Roskuld was worse for the wear, but Sno...

Please let this not be her fault...

OPHELIA
Faith shattered and decays as frosted blood flows in my veins

sdrcow @ DA

@Ktulu @Morenth

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Conclusion) - by Ophelia - 10-29-2015, 09:40 AM
RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Conclusion) - by Morenth - 10-29-2015, 11:14 PM