the Rift

[PRIVATE] oh noes!

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
I WAS MADE TO KEEP YOUR BODY WARM
BUT I'M COLD AS THE WIND BLOWS SO HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

After all the times he'd used his healing magic this tallsun, predominantly to cure Helovians of the foreign diseases, he'd grown weary. His magic normally sapped his energy, left him feeling drained but he'd never used it more than a few times in the span of a year. Yet, as exhausted as he is now, he would do it all again regardless of his own pain. He always would. It's easy to put everyone else first when you don't even value your own life. And he doesn't, he never has. Of what worth is someone who couldn't even defend his father's home from a young stallion leading a bachelor herd? And he didn't just fail, didn't just lose the fight - he died. Even now he doesn't fight. He avoids it, choosing instead to remain neutral in every situation he possibly can. Regardless of what he does or does not do, he is doomed to fail. He'd failed Alysanne. He'd failed Naerys. He'd failed in his own personal quest to eradicate the foreign diseases but that is perhaps the only failure he could easily accept.

As the Earth God declares peace, Miykael easily slides back into mindless wandering. The simplicity of it granting him a level of relaxation and peace that he just can't find back home in the Falls. Leaving the Falls behind for the day, he heads south and soon finds himself standing outside the tree line. Inhaling deeply and folding his large, angelic wings he slips quietly into the forest west of the threshold. The trees are thicker here, more wild somehow, but there is no fear as he pushes his tired body onward. There is only calm, only comfort as he drifts.

'Mare ahead.' Eliana warns through their bond, 'With dragon.' she adds as she flies ahead to land in a tree overlooking the pool of water where the mare and her companion stood. Miykael followed, pushing himself forward through the trees. Latently, he wonders why Eliana would guide him to the pair. Were they familiar? Was it someone from the herd? It seemed unlikely that it was Resplendence but just as he was about to dig deeper into his memories he sees her and the very sight of her causes him to pause. He recognizes her instantly from his days in the Edge.

"Evangeline."

Her name falls easily from his soft lips, his voice deep but pleasantly warm. Without further hesitation he moves towards her, pulling alongside her at the water's edge. Eliana remain quiet in her chosen tree as Miykael brings himself to speak once more. "Is everything alright?" he asks, his blue gaze searching her face for any signs that his presence might be unwelcome. They hadn't talked much in the past so it isn't as though he'd ever have the right to be offended if she told him to fuck off.

MY HEART'S AGAINST YOUR CHEST, YOUR LIPS PRESSED TO MY NECK
I'M FALLING FOR YOUR EYES, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ME YET
AND WITH THIS FEELING I'LL FORGET, I'M IN LOVE NOW
Image Credits

@Evangeline
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
oh noes! - by Evangeline - 10-29-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: oh noes! - by Miykael - 10-30-2015, 11:58 PM
RE: oh noes! - by Evangeline - 11-16-2015, 12:27 PM
RE: oh noes! - by Miykael - 11-29-2015, 02:00 AM