Gashad Posts: 6
Deceased atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 21hh :: 30+ HP: 54 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

I don't know who you think you are
but before the night is through
I wanna do bad things with you
</style>

Well, fuck. If I had know that today was the day to snuff it, I'd have put on something a bit more suitable. It's not every day you get to meet your maker, after all.

It would be a lie to say I didn't see it coming. Truth be told, I'd been waiting for this day ever since that day on the battlefield when this whole thing started. I lied when I said I didn't know what caused my current state of being - fact is, I know exactly why. It's not a very long story, nor is it particularly interesting... My brother shagged my girl. So I killed him. Right there, when he got careless enough to turn his back on me. With his last breath he cursed me, and in a place like the Rift, those kind of things cause ripples, they have a real effect.

So I died, yet did not perish. How stupid is that!? Immortality was mine, that fickle dream bastards and fools had walked over bones to attain, and all I wanted was to let it all end.

Well, here it comes now, finally. I knew it even as the nameless pretty-boy of a fool evaded me and let me continue the fall towards the ground. I had failed, but for once I wasn't particularly upset. In all his hot-blooded berserker rage he probably couldn't even fathom the peace I felt as I watched him rise above me, hooves flailing and the dragon's red shadow approaching from above. I kind of wish I had time to tell him the whole story, to warn him of the price he would one day have to pay for blood, for rage, for pride and glory. Because he would pay, he like every other fool who dabbled in the darker sides of life. Before he knew it, he would find himself covered from head to toe in filth, stinking of mud and blood and all the corpses of all the lives he had ended.

It would have been better to tell him, now before he went too far down the wide path to hell.

But hey. Why rob him off the fun in discovering it for himself? Damnation might be more interesting for him than it had been for me.

My end came about in a dragon's sigh. I felt it wash over me like rain and cold water, not so much freezing my bones as it purified my essence of darkness. It wasn't painful at all - more like falling asleep again after living a long, long nightmare.

I would have thanked them - but they probably wouldn't have been happy to hear it. So I only grinned, and winked. And died.

Hooves connected with bone in a not-so-subtle clunk. The force used was more than necessary to tear bone from bone when no ligaments or chains of magic tied the pieces together. Like a marionette cut from it's strings the skeleton crumbled, scattered across the ground with a bone-chilling clatter. The skull shot off through the air from the force of the impact, hit a tree and rebounded; while the mandible came off and landed with a forlorn thud in the sand however, the silver-embellished skull spun through the air, straight back at the dark young stallion. Whether through pure chance or by some last remnant of will from the fallen monster, the large skull smacked Volterra in the face and latched on, sticking so tightly over his face that it would require some serious effort and the sacrifice of some skin to peel it off again.

And the ghost of Gashad's last laugh lingered in the air, until wind and gulls and the rush of the sea overtook the sound, so that it might never have been there at all.

WC: 632
PC: Closing defense
Summany:  Vérzès' breath attack succeeded in killing Gashad. Volterra's kick sent the skull flying, it rebounded against a tree and lodged itself over his head. Permission from snow to pp the skull latching into Volterra's head.

Note: It was fun! thank you for giving my char a good sendoff!

@Volterra

Messages In This Thread
dancing with a wolf - by Volterra - 10-30-2015, 04:16 PM
RE: dancing with a wolf - by Gashad - 11-08-2015, 04:16 PM
RE: dancing with a wolf - by Volterra - 11-15-2015, 10:25 AM
RE: dancing with a wolf - by Gashad - 11-28-2015, 04:31 PM
RE: dancing with a wolf - by Volterra - 11-29-2015, 10:46 AM
RE: dancing with a wolf - by Gashad - 12-08-2015, 05:03 PM
RE: dancing with a wolf - by Volterra - 12-12-2015, 11:24 AM
RE: dancing with a wolf - by Gashad - 12-12-2015, 01:23 PM
RE: dancing with a wolf - by Blu - 12-15-2015, 10:17 AM