the Rift

[PRIVATE] It's the end of the world as we know it

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

"How did you hurt that leg?" Evangeline asked as the filly lifted it, wincing, and said that she had hurt it. Knowing exactly what had happened that resulted in the injury would go a long way with helping her to figure out what exactly was wrong with it and what needed to be done to fix it. Of course it didn't bode well that the girl had said other healers had tried to fix the leg and had been unable to. Could an injury really be so severe that god gifted magic could not fix it? "And what about your other leg? What happened to that one?" It never crossed the healer's mind that a child so young could have been involved in a war, she suspected that maybe the child had fallen while she was playing.

"Can you make it better? Can you fix me?"

"I can try my best." Evangeline murmured, her expression softening as she looked at the child. "Why don't you lay down." The healer suggested and when she did Tallis moved from his usual spot on her back to the ground. "Tallis will lay with you if you would like him to." She offered mostly because she assumed the child needed some sort of comfort judging strictly from the way she asked can you fix me.

Evangeline sincerely hoped she could.

She waited until Erthë was comfortable before she allowed the dark healing magic to swirl around the filly's injured leg. Her brow furrowed and her ears tilted back against her head as she tried to force the bones that had been cracked and splintered back into the correct positions. Sweat trickled down her neck and frustration began to blossom in her chest because she couldn't do anything. It left her confused, but she still tried, still focused her magic on that leg and kept trying to fix it even though it just wouldn't work. What that the child done to cause so much damage? And why couldn't it be fixed?

With a heavy sigh Evangeline released her hold on the healing magic and shifted her gaze to Tallis, her lips pressed into a thin line. "I can't fix it." She said and the dragon's head tilted. "I can splint it, but.... I can't believe that's the most I can do... there has to be something more, I can't just let her hobble around with her legs in such bad shape..." She trailed as the face of the glazier she had met not long ago flashed in her mind courtesy of Tallis. "Yes... of course."

"Stay here." She said to the young girl. "I need to get something, I'll be right back." Evangeline began to pick her way back toward the clearing where Nyx had just given birth, hoping that Tembovu was leaving the new mother and her twins (and the trespassing father) to bond together.

"Tembovu!" She called for the hefty glazier and she looked around, hoping to catch sight of him. "Go look for him." She instructed the dragon. "I don't want to move too far from her." With that Tallis was airborne, looking for the stallion he thought would be able to help.

"."

ooc:// if you want to PP Tallis finding him and bringing him to Eva and Erthë you can c:

Evangeline the Pure

i stood there waiting
hoping you would come around
but you always found a way to let me down

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Tembovu @Erthë

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's the end of the world as we know it - by Evangeline - 11-04-2015, 03:23 PM