[PRIVATE] It's the end of the world as we know it

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
E r t h ë
"And now I wish to God that The earth would turn cold
And my heart would forget it's made of glass"

"Uh, well..." the child replied, wings ruffling guiltily as she averted her eyes from the face of the healer, "I kinda got in a fight with a god... You know, one of the foreign ones. Or well, two, really... One smacked its tail into me so I fell and cricked this leg, and the other kinda swiped me with a paw so I flew backwards... and then the leg broke."

It was rather embarrassing to admit it. Erthë wasn't stupid, it hadn't taken her long to figure out that she wasn't really supposed to get involved with these battles. Too young, too small. Who cared that she had been ordered into it by a god, she still shouldn't have stayed to fight... Well. As much as she hated to worry those who cared for her, the filly wasn't about to stand back and let her friends and family get hurt just because she was a bit young. If there were things she could do, then she would do them - and if she ended up a bit bruised because of it, she wouldn't mind as long as she was able to make a difference.

Alas, adults didn't seem to like this train of thought, so she didn't say anything about her reasonings or the fact that she'd volunteered into both 'fight's'. Instead she lowered herself clumsily to the ground, the image of obedience as she let Eva examine her leg - either or both, whichever she felt like. Smiling at the pretty, orange dragon she extended a nose towards him in greeting, then settled down and watched with keen, interested eyes as the Healer began to work.

It was a very interesting feeling. The magic swirled like wind, like black mist or the essence of night and enveloped her leg (the broken one, it turned out) and Erthë felt it like a cold, tickling sensation that was very pleasant. The magic itself was soothing to look at, and the feeling of it seeping into her body was numbing, comforting, not at all unpleasant.

Gazing at Eva however, that was more unsettling. The mare was frowning, and as time dragged out her expression turned grim and troubled. Black butterflies began to dance in her gut as Erthë watched her, worry gnawing at her insides despite the comforting presence of the dragon curling up beside her. Eva excused herself, and Erthë nodded, but it was difficult to lay still and quiet, to not call out for the mare to come back and not leave her alone.

What was going on? The leg felt kinda numb and cold but the pain was still there, throbbing to the rhythm of her heart and stabbing her whenever she stirred. Had the magic not worked? It didn't always fix everything, the filly knew this; Badger had said that it wasn't infallible, but the only time so far when it hadn't worked was against the Rift sickness. And in the end it had been magic that healed her after all... Was it that the darkness of the Moon was unable to heal her leg, or that the leg would resist magic altogether now? Or was it completely irreparable, so that she would have to live with pain for the rest of her life? Limping around, unable to walk or run or fly....

Erthë swallowed the frightened whimper and sought out the warm, solid form of the dragon with her nose, curling up around Tallis for comfort and reassurance. She had to have faith; Eva was a healer blessed by the Lady Moon after all, surely there wasn't anything she couldn't fix.

"And all the pretty tulips would disappear
And never disturb me again"

@Evangeline

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's the end of the world as we know it - by Erthë - 11-12-2015, 06:32 AM