Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
LovellaTorendo

in the golden lightning of the sunken sun
o
'er which clouds are bright'ning thou dost float and run
l
ike an unbodied joy whose race is just begun

We are in a meadow my friend and I.  The meadow is filled with sweet smelling flowers and tiny birds flit about through the tall grass.  One of the younger males in our herd challenged me to fly to the top of a nearby mountain and my friend is attempting to dissuade me.  Later I will regret shaking off his concern, if only because listening would have meant that we had more time together.

The woman’s slumber is deep and peaceful and the unconscious smile pulling at the corner of her lips suggests that her dreams are as gilded as her many feathers.  Small forest dwellers cast shadows upon her frame as they scramble about her chosen tree but, trustingly, she sleeps on.  Even the muffled sound of hooves crunching leaves does not disturb her.  A Helovian female approaches and speaks in comforting musical tones.  Again the golden stranger smiles then chuckles in her sleep. 

“Oh, you worry so!  It is kind, truly it is but you needn’t be so concerned my friend.  I will be fine, I am always fine...”

It is an answer that only partly suits the question she was asked, but not bad considering the fact that she is still asleep.  Approaching hooves and spoken words do not wake her but at long last a warm breath from the Helovian tickles her nose.  This does bestir her with a sudden, violent sneeze.     

My eyes are sandy as I attempt to blink them open and my hooves are unsteady beneath my frame.  Thank goodness for the tree!  I lean heavily upon it as I try to make sense of my surroundings and lack of balance.  Oh, yes, there was a butterfly and it tickled my nose and I sneezed and no, wait… the butterfly was a dream.  Why did I sneeze then?  Rapid blinking finally clears my eyes enough for them to stay open and I find myself gazing directly at an unknown mare.  That is unexpected.  How very rude of me, I hope she isn’t offended.  She is dressed in tones of earth and snow with a crown like decoration adorning her head, perhaps she is a queen?

The blue eyes of the winged maiden pop open at last and, with a small shout of surprise, she stumbles a few steps backward.  

“Um, oh, sorry… I didn’t expect… well, never mind.”

She dips her head in a hesitant and slightly exaggerated bow.  Clearly she is unsure what would be truly appropriate in this situation.  

“I am Riel your majesty, please forgive me if I have trespassed unwittingly.”

the pale purple even melts around thy flight
l
ike a star of Heaven in the broad daylight
t
hou art unseen, but yet I hear thy shrill delight
(Image Credits | table by Chan | quote from "to a skylark" by Percy Bysshe Shelley)

@Najya

Helovia Hard Mode
(pixel by Chan | pixel base by BronzeHalo)
Actions: No killing | Tagging: Yes
Riel was designed, characterized and originally played by Chan

Messages In This Thread
hold fast to the best of you - by Riel - 11-02-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Najya - 11-02-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Riel - 11-03-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Najya - 11-07-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Riel - 11-07-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: hold fast to the best of you - by Najya - 11-08-2015, 11:55 PM