the Rift

[PRIVATE] butterflies and hurricanes

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

n y x

There was a hell of a lot of blood. She smothers a wince, remembering how she'd bled, remembering how she'd suffered. As somebody who abhors weakness, and who does everything in her power to eradicate it from her bloodline, the silver's helplessness during the birth had played on her mind in the time since. Had it not been for Evangeline, she and her children could have died through Nyx's weakness. For someone who prides herself on iron-hard strength, it terrifies the mare how easily she'd almost come to death. All because a second foal lay nestled beside the first, a sleeper cell just waiting to break out and rip her apart.

Perhaps this is a vindication for why she lives how she lives. Life's too short to walk around with a broken heart, when it can be ended like the press of a hoof on an insect.

She returns the nudge of his shoulder, allowing a small sigh of enjoyment to leave her lips. "I'm glad, too. I'd have haunted the shit out of Déodat if his damned fruity loins had been the death of me." Flippant she may (predictably) be, but there's a darkness in her eyes and voice as she speaks, echoing the genuine fear she'd felt whilst her blood drained out of her. Never again. Next time she beds someone, she's going to demand they prove that twins don't run in their family first.

He confirms he's glad she left the battle, and she finds herself absently nodding. To have gone through that birth only to find her children dead from a blow taken during a battle...shit, no. He turns away from her, and she actually wishes she could read minds, so she'd know what musings were darting across that brain of his. He's tense, too (and unfortunately, she's still too sore down below for the option of offering to relax him in her own special way), and she pictures that mare from the battle, the one who'd approached them almost green with envy. Was that the girl who captured his heart?

When he speaks, it's to confirm what she'd already truthfully expected for a while - that he isn't going to continue living how she does. She'd be lying if she said she isn't disappointed, because it just seems like such a god damn waste of a man to see him tied to one woman - a woman that doesn't even appreciate what she has, given that he seems to spend his days brooding over her. He's strong, he's gallant, he has a good heart, he's every mare's wet dream and could sire dozens of powerful foals with as many women as he wanted, and yet...he chooses captivity, to be kept on a leash and to never be able to stray. To happily hand over his balls to his wife and be lead around by them for the rest of his life. It is a shame, a crying shame, and Nyx feels almost mournful that the world has lost a fine man to the might-as-well-be-death that is monogamy.

But, she reasons, there's something to respect in his decision. To forgo the pleasures of the flesh and shun all a stallion's roaming instincts for the sake of one woman takes a certain strength in itself, and whilst the ironheart will never agree with it, she does appreciate that at least he gave her way a go. He dabbled, sowed his wild oats - at least he's experienced life before he gives it up. "I understand. I won't lie, I'd hoped that I'd freed another man from the chains of monogamy and let him fly away into a world of sin, but I know it's not for everyone." Her gaze softens, and she looks at him through kind eyes. "She must be some woman," she observes, a hint of a grin on her face. Her gaze travels to little Libertad, wondering if he will listen to his mother's teachings and get himself a harem, or if he'll decide there's only one girl for him. And d'Arcy...will she keep herself nice for a husband, or choose her dam's path of strength above all?

The Glazier's final words bring a solemn nod to the silver's head. "And I would have been proud to call you their father." She sighs, wondering what could have been, musing on all the possible outcomes of her pair of dalliances. But, with a small shake of her mane, she looks back to Tembovu. "How are things going with you and your girl? If you don't mind me being a nosy bitch." She flashes a toothy grin.

@Tembovu

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
butterflies and hurricanes - by Nyx - 11-03-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Tembovu - 11-04-2015, 02:36 AM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Nyx - 11-04-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Tembovu - 11-06-2015, 09:35 AM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Nyx - 11-14-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Tembovu - 11-16-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Nyx - 11-28-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Tembovu - 12-05-2015, 09:36 AM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Nyx - 12-10-2015, 04:03 PM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Tembovu - 12-11-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Nyx - 12-12-2015, 05:35 PM