the Rift

[PRIVATE] butterflies and hurricanes

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

n y x

A conquettish giggle leaves her lips. "You know me too well, my dear." She winks. But, too soon, the banter turns to seriousness as his grin fades. She watches as he nips his flesh, wondering if it's his sore ribs that ail him. She doesn't know he got more broken ribs in the last God battle, as she'd been far, far away - if she did, she'd have sympathy for the poor bastard and his abused ribs.

His words seem pointed, and she looks away, biting back a retort along the lines of not necessarily. Unless he watches his wife every hour of the day, he can never guarantee that she isn't sinning with another stallion. Monogamy does not always equal faithfulness. Nyx has lured monogamous stallions to her bed many times before - their lusts run deeper than the ties of an unnatural relationship, because, at the end of the day, men will be men. No doubt it goes the other way, too, happily-coupled mares getting tempted just once by the forbidden fruit of another. So, for all Tembovu knows, his beloved woman could be quite happily riding somebody else's train to pleasureville without him knowing, and could raise somebody else's bastard child under his name.

But she doesn't say that. She lacks tact, but knows that the retort she wants to make will not be one he wants to hear. He has chosen monogamy - there is no use in her pointing out that it doesn't guarantee his wife's foals will be his. This is an almost selfless gesture from the silver soldier, who would normally not think twice about pointing out the facts. She wants him to be happy, and if he thinks monogamy will guarantee all children will be his, then she doesn't want to shatter that. "True," she manages to force out, forcing cheer into words that taste bitter on her tongue.

Her question causes his ears to flex and his gaze to avert, which is proof that his relationship probably isn't going well. The fact it's her foals that have caused their disharmony...it causes a twinge of guilt, even though she's pissed off at herself for it. She hadn't done anything wrong, and yet she feels bad. God dammit. "Ah," is all she can say. "I'm sorry to hear that." This time, her words are genuine. She considers him a friend, and wants him to be happy. If his lady love is what makes him happy, then she wants that for him. "How about I speak to her for you? Let her know that the children aren't yours, and make sure she knows that she has nothing to fear from me." Admittedly, looking the woman in the eye who has Tembovu so whipped would not be easy for her without wanting to scratch her face off, but it's something Nyx is willing to try for her elephantine friend.

@Tembovu sorry for the wait!

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
butterflies and hurricanes - by Nyx - 11-03-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Tembovu - 11-04-2015, 02:36 AM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Nyx - 11-04-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Tembovu - 11-06-2015, 09:35 AM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Nyx - 11-14-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Tembovu - 11-16-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Nyx - 11-28-2015, 01:31 PM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Tembovu - 12-05-2015, 09:36 AM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Nyx - 12-10-2015, 04:03 PM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Tembovu - 12-11-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: butterflies and hurricanes - by Nyx - 12-12-2015, 05:35 PM