the Rift

Fortify & Conquer

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
They led, and he followed.

It was Ki'irha that Lochan picked up on and it was Sialia that he saw making her way across the icy white to appear at the other corporal's side. It was good to see them both, active and ready to instruct.

Ready, too, to scold.

He watched from the edge of the gathering with his black eyes wide and his head lowered. Lochan crawled sleepily into the folds of the Haruspex's sarong and was met with no complaint. It was long after their bedtimes, after all.

He listened to praise before Ki'irha pointed out the battles. He felt a surge of pride in himself for only a moment before remembering that despite succeeding as a warrior he'd failed as a Haruspex in the aftermath of such bloodshed. Where had he been to comfort his herd and record the events?

Hadn't Ode been right that Ashamin had been too reticent? It had been a subject he should have paid more attention to. Perhaps this was his chance at redemption, but he doubted that was the case.

His large ears fell flat against his skull with discomfort and he lifted his head--his sleeping companion rising right with it--to try and catch Ki'irha's gaze. She was right to call this meeting, especially now that it seemed D'Artagnan was gone.

Ashamin had watched that mare--the poisoner's daughter--die. It had been a moment of bloodcurdling pain and then nothing. She left the earth and took the blood bay with her, pulling him elsewhere, unknown.

The haruspex still felt anxious remembering how his attempt to teach the warriors with D'Artagnan had petered off into nothing. But now... now...

"Ki'irha, Sialia!" he called, breaking his silence and pulling himself up through the crowd. "It's good to see our brave corporals hosting such a gathering," he said with kindness and a lingering glance on Ki'irha. He knew her better than Sialia, that was all, he thought nervously. He just knew her better, that was why he looked--and looked longer.

"I'd like to offer myself as a spar partner in support." He said, then, black eyes glinting with the warm day's sun. His heart beat evenly and his gaze was fixed. If they needed him, he was here. He had to be there for someone, sometime.

""
ASHAMIN
image credits

@Sialia @Ki'irha (No need to tag me here on out)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Fortify & Conquer - by Ki'irha - 11-03-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: Fortify & Conquer - by Sialia - 11-04-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Fortify & Conquer - by Ashamin - 11-06-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: Fortify & Conquer - by Ki'irha - 11-10-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: Fortify & Conquer - by Sialia - 11-15-2015, 05:09 PM