the Rift

Fortify & Conquer

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
The black mare who shared the blue's title took her place before the gathering. But, by gathering, she meant Ashamin. No warrior stood before them. The appearance of the painted buck did not generate feelings of happiness or warmness in the mare. No, the corporal felt the total opposite. Anger. Disappointment. Disrespect. She stomped a front hoof, and her tail snapped and twitched angrily on a rear leg. There was nothing soft about the mare that stood amongst the trio. Ears were turned back, and she took a moment to compose herself before speaking. "Ridiculous," she began, turning her head to Sialia. "Not a single soldier shows their face. Not even our General will grace us with his presence. Only our Haruspex shows to hear our words, and he is not the one who needs to hear them the most."

It wasn't that she didn't enjoy his presence. She had attended his meeting of the visionaries, and it impressed her that he desired to learn of her trade, as well. He was not unwelcomed, and for a moment concern flushed her face. If he had heard her words, would it make him feel unwanted? Turning her head towards him, her expression softened. "It is good to see you, darling, as always. Please excuse my disappointment. Though, I pray you do not share stories of this pathetic meeting. I had hoped this meeting would have been more impressive." Her time here had been short. She had done nothing special to earn her rank, nothing to deserve any sort of respect. Is that why none came? Is that why not a single soldier decided to appear or show any initiative? They owed nothing to her. Perhaps to them, the title was nothing more than a frivolous thing to not pay heed to. She frowned.

"Sialia, I don't believe we have met before, and I apologize for that. I think it is evident today, more than ever, that we have critical issues among our ranks that need to be handled. There is no unity among the few who are pledged to serve the Basin. I believe there are several things that need our attention. First and foremost, spars need to be performed for this season as all others. That goes without saying. We also should set up patrols in the new lands. There is much to learn of those places, and of the beings who entered through the portals. I am unsure if they can be trusted." She paused, mulling over any other concerns she could think of. "Our army is lacking. I think we should prioritize taking in new soldiers, and suggesting this class to newcomers and established members alike. Who knows what the future holds, I don't want to be caught unprepared."

She fell silent again, hoping the opposite corporal would share her concerns. "TalkIs there anything else you can suggest?" She listened attentively before turning her head to the haruspex. His words were kind, and he offered himself to partake in the seasonal spars. She smiled, a playful look lighting her face. "Well, Ashamin, I was planning on splitting everyone into pairs for spars. Though, it seems as though with the three of us, one will be left out. But I consider you a guest at this meeting, so you should receive what you ask for." Looking back to Sialia, she spoke again. "I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to ask Ashamin to join in this dance. He fought at the front lines of the battle against the gods, so perhaps he should receive some training if he so asks." Silver locked onto the black gaze of the haruspex, and she winked. If a fight was what he wanted, he would receive it.

"Perhaps we will have a late arrival. Otherwise, I'm willing to go against you as well, Sialia. One can never get enough practice." Stepping forward, she dipped her head to the stallion before her, and trotted a bit away towards a small flat grassy space, clear of any debris or dangerous uneven spots.  She turned to face him, waiting a moment before making the first move.

Talk
OOC// @Sialia also last chance for late arrivals @Caleb @Rikyn @Zandora
Me and Jen had a spar set to take place between Ki and Ashamin. I'll link the spar here.
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Fortify & Conquer - by Ki'irha - 11-03-2015, 07:21 PM
RE: Fortify & Conquer - by Sialia - 11-04-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: Fortify & Conquer - by Ashamin - 11-06-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: Fortify & Conquer - by Ki'irha - 11-10-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: Fortify & Conquer - by Sialia - 11-15-2015, 05:09 PM